Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AP redemption may / may not include seat selection depending on airline?

Old Apr 3, 2018, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Hi, yesterday was the first time I redeemed AP points for travel on non-AC metal.
Economy travel.
I got free seat selection on AC and MS flights.
Apparently, not the case for LX and OS flights.
Just posting about my experience. Is there a reference guide online that spells out which airline will provide free seat selection?
I tried searching but did not find it.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 3:36 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
If you have them, you can also take the PNRs for the respective LX and OS flights and try selecting seats on their sites. Aeroplan includes PNRs for both AC and other flights now. This works most of the time for me.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some airlines, notably LH, don't allow early seat assignment in Y. May well be the same for their subsidiaries such as Swiss and Austrian.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 3:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by FlyWhere
Hi, yesterday was the first time I redeemed AP points for travel on non-AC metal.
Economy travel.
I got free seat selection on AC and MS flights.
Apparently, not the case for LX and OS flights.
Just posting about my experience. Is there a reference guide online that spells out which airline will provide free seat selection?
I tried searching but did not find it.

@FlyWhere
LX has this information on their site

https://www.swiss.com/at/en/book/swi...at-reservation and https://www.swiss.com/gb/EN/book/con...at-reservation

Also, I see some search replies that say things like this from the UA forum

No Swiss advance economy seat selection with United ticket stock

Also try what others here have suggested using the LX PNR. Some Y fares may not qualify for advance seat selection ( or before OLCI)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.