Adding FF# to Aeroplan Ticket?

Old Apr 3, 2018, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Adding FF# to Aeroplan Ticket?

We have an upcoming international trip on Aeroplan tickets that were booked using my points. I have no status but my husband is SE. How do we get his FF# added to his ticket ? The agent is saying it can't be done and that it "isn't necessary anyway because you are in business class", but I'd like to have his FF# added for meal priority, in case there are flight delays so that the concierge will take care of rebooking to other connecting flights, etc.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by travelgirl2_99
We have an upcoming international trip on Aeroplan tickets that were booked using my points. I have no status but my husband is SE. How do we get his FF# added to his ticket ? The agent is saying it can't be done and that it "isn't necessary anyway because you are in business class", but I'd like to have his FF# added for meal priority, in case there are flight delays so that the concierge will take care of rebooking to other connecting flights, etc.
HUCA = Hang up and call again. Call the SE line, not Aeroplan. They'll do it. If you get one who says no, HUCA again.

You want it on there in case of IRROPS etc
Old Apr 3, 2018, 6:42 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
I've been able to add my wife's AP number to reward bookings I've made using my points during the online checkin process. Her SE status then shows up on her BP. I don't bother trying to do it in advance.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Tax Dude
I've been able to add my wife's AP number to reward bookings I've made using my points during the online checkin process. Her SE status then shows up on her BP. I don't bother trying to do it in advance.
Good info to know. I always wondered why we were given the option to input the AP number on rewards bookings, thinking that there was no point as it would not accumulate miles/points.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 5:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by travelgirl2_99

I know our resident Cow and many others can explain this issue and of course, when calling res agents, there will be those who say no or don't know how, or it can't be done.

These posts might help explain some things.

Mar 15, 2015

Originally Posted by gcashin
I find a lot of the issues with benefits on AE reward flights seem to be rooted in system issues, and the agents may not know the policies well enough to know when to override the system.

Aeroplan redemptions seem to be inconsistent when it comes to things like recognizing free checked baggage, as well as access to preferred seats, even if the status does show up properly on the boarding pass. In order to provide those benefits, it often forces the agent to override things like bag fees or preferred seating fees.

While agent knowledge of policies and benefits seems to be an issue, agents are often trained that the system is correct and they should follow what it says (i.e. if the system says no free bags, there are no free bags). Fixing the underlying IT issues would help save AC so much time in dealing with these issues and trying to resolve things like refund requests, etc for fees that never should have been charged in the first place.

Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
It's because when you redeem your FFP is stored in the FQTR field, not the FQTV field. The problem is twofold: FQTR is populated by the account whence the miles came (i.e. redeemer's, not necessarily traveller's, account), whereas the system is set to recognise status from the FQTV field. On award tickets, we don't populate the FQTV field because there are instances where the FFP is picked up irrespective of fare class (e.g. IRROPS rebooking), along with some other backend issues.

We instruct our agents to verify eligibility for status benefits when on reward tickets precisely because the system doesn't pick it up automatically. As long as you have your status card you shouldn't have any issues; the larger issue I'm hearing is that some are saying their status benefits are being denied when on award tickets, and this is something I will impress upon our Airports teams to rectify.

UPDATE: I'm told we have plans in place to fix this process. Can't share any timelines yet, I'm afraid.

Status not counting when flying Aeroplan reward?
quantumofforce likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just checked my wife in on a reward from my account. My status is SEMM, hers is 50k. During check in, my Ae number shows up initially. But not on the BP. Sometimes she ends up number one asked for meal choice.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by Stranger
Just checked my wife in on a reward from my account. My status is SEMM, hers is 50k. During check in, my Ae number shows up initially. But not on the BP. Sometimes she ends up number one asked for meal choice.
Just to be clear, the Aeroplan numbers no longer appear on the BP. They used to appear over a decade ago, then it became the last few digits, then nothing.
So are you saying that your BP, for a reward flight booked from your Aeroplan account, does not show AC*SE at all?
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by 24left
I know our resident Cow and many others can explain this issue and of course, when calling res agents, there will be those who say no or don't know how, or it can't be done.

These posts might help explain some things.

Mar 15, 2015

Status not counting when flying Aeroplan reward?
^
I almost think we need to wiki Ben Lipsey's post somewhere along with other anecdotal posts from here and from the recent history. Maybe not in this thread but perhaps in the thread that you linked, and we make that the master thread for this topic that creeps up every so often.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.