Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Tips to qualify for SE to meet both AQM and AQD

Old Apr 2, 18, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC2MM SE Fairmont Presidents club

So Iím wondering if anyone has tips to qualify for SE to meet both AQM and AQD. Not sure if itís worth a marathon rtw trip to requalify but interested in peopleís thoughts and suggestions. Iím close enough to 3M I can taste it!
Old Apr 2, 18, 9:36 pm

Programs: AC50 MM
Originally Posted by farmerbrown View Post
So Iím wondering if anyone has tips to qualify for SE to meet both AQM and AQD. Not sure if itís worth a marathon rtw trip to requalify but interested in peopleís thoughts and suggestions. Iím close enough to 3M I can taste it!
As a 2MM you probably know more about this than most on this forum including me, and I don't know your travel routes/preferences.

Generically though I would suggest latitude flight passes, (with complimentary F upgrades at T-48 if eligible), and P fare international where it works for your travel patterns. Long-haul Premium economy can work very well (125% AQM bonus) at a reasonable AQD cost -eg HKG, BNE. As an SE you will be top of the upgrade list if you have any left, and if not it isn't so bad (so I am told, I am fortunate to date)

There's also the Premium fares thread worth visiting periodically, but if the deal is too good you may fall short of the AQD requirement (like I did a couple of years ago)
Old Apr 2, 18, 10:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE
Why????

why??? Would you do that. ?
Old Apr 2, 18, 10:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
Well, I once told OP why I thought I thought 3MM was worth it, at least in terms of some of the benefits. I suppose we all have different thresholds of what we are willing to do to achieve any goals we have.
Old Apr 3, 18, 1:10 am
Original Poster

[QUOTE=Wind;29596250]why??? Would you do that.

Not saying I would or should. Youíre opinion is noted, a question Iíve also asked myself!
Old Apr 3, 18, 1:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tomvancouver View Post
As a 2MM you probably know more about this than most on this forum including me, and I don't know your travel routes/preferences.

Generically though I would suggest latitude flight passes, (with complimentary F upgrades at T-48 if eligible), and P fare international where it works for your travel patterns. Long-haul Premium economy can work very well (125% AQM bonus) at a reasonable AQD cost -eg HKG, BNE. As an SE you will be top of the upgrade list if you have any left, and if not it isn't so bad (so I am told, I am fortunate to date)

There's also the Premium fares thread worth visiting periodically, but if the deal is too good you may fall short of the AQD requirement (like I did a couple of years ago)

Thanks! Iím still flying and have plenty of upgrades. This adventure is just for fun, to achieve both requirements to qualify for altitude diamond in as short a timeframe as possible. Prepared to burn both the cash and the hours of flying time to achieve it. Specifically Iím looking for route suggestions that would take the least amount of time burned up.
Old Apr 3, 18, 1:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 24left View Post
Well, I once told OP why I thought I thought 3MM was worth it, at least in terms of some of the benefits. I suppose we all have different thresholds of what we are willing to do to achieve any goals we have.
24left. Ur back! As a veteran longhauler maybe I could fly a few legs with you! Like Asia turns or whatever. Just wanted to see if others had suggestions. I have ideas, just was thinking there might be others like Cow with different suggestions. Oh, and wondering how hot the flaming would get before admin stepped in! 😀
Old Apr 3, 18, 1:45 am

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
My tip is to fly 100K AQM and spend 20K AQD. That will certainly get you SE status.

But seriously, without some constraints, the question is boundless. We would need to know something about your travel patterns, preferences and fiscal requirements to provide any real feedback.
ffsim, DrunkCargo and RangerNS like this.
Old Apr 3, 18, 1:58 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by 24left View Post
As usual the real answer to why do an MR to the next level is that having that status level is always better than not having that status level.

I'm always surprised by so many of the reasons not to do an MR. To most of the world the ability to go to, say, Boston for a weekend, would be something they would both love to be able to do well as TO do. I did that once.

Mostly it was for the 5K miles for under $400 including car and hotel for the weekend. But i also went to the museum of science and technology, wandered around an ivy league campus, discovered that Samuel Addams is buried in the same cometary as Elizabeth Goose, who was a real person and the apparent inspiration for mother goose, and a whole bunch of other things.

If a mileage run seems like a chore you're doing it wrong.
airbus320, SYM, canopus27 and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 3, 18, 1:58 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by tomvancouver View Post

Generically though I would suggest latitude flight passes, (with complimentary F upgrades at T-48 if eligible)
Tom, what am I doing wrong???? My Latitude fp only has complimentary upgrades to J at T-48. Actually now that I think about it, I don't believe I'm able to use my lat fp on any airline other than AC/AC Express/Rouge and haven't found F on AC in years.... Are your passes upgrading into either the crew bunks or the cockpit??
Old Apr 3, 18, 2:21 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by KenHamer View Post
.....If a mileage run seems like a chore you're doing it wrong.
^^^^^

24left. Ur back! As a veteran longhauler maybe I could fly a few legs with you! Like Asia turns or whatever. Just wanted to see if others had suggestions. I have ideas, just was thinking there might be others like Cow with different suggestions. Oh, and wondering how hot the flaming would get before admin stepped in! 😀
Ha!. Well, you're always welcome to join me. And I'm quite sure if you asked 100 FTers how to, you'd get about 245 different answers. But really, Ken is right and a MR could be so much more than miles for your goal when you can include other things that would interest you.
Old Apr 3, 18, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why do people climb Everest?
Why do people set goals to attain them?
Because they can........
If you have the time and the dime....go for it !
Old Apr 3, 18, 6:57 pm

Programs: AC50 MM
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq View Post
Tom, what am I doing wrong???? My Latitude fp only has complimentary upgrades to J at T-48. Actually now that I think about it, I don't believe I'm able to use my lat fp on any airline other than AC/AC Express/Rouge and haven't found F on AC in years.... Are your passes upgrading into either the crew bunks or the cockpit??
Oops - I meant J of course.
Old Apr 3, 18, 7:13 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
So a bit of the drink involved. I thought it was segments AQS and the combo of the other two. Whoops. That being said, Iím on a plane, already over the 100k threshold in miles and dollars. On track for another stellar year.
Old Apr 3, 18, 7:15 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
I just noticed that you mentioned a marathon rtw trip to requalify....

how is a rtw with a significant portion NOT on AC metal going to help???

Search this Thread
Search Engine: