Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Tips to qualify for SE to meet both AQM and AQD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tips to qualify for SE to meet both AQM and AQD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2018, 7:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
I just noticed that you mentioned a marathon rtw trip to requalify....

how is a rtw with a significant portion NOT on AC metal going to help???
Because there's no AC metal requirement?
yyz_atc_qq and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 9:01 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Because there's no AC metal requirement?
See that's what happens when I don't pay attention to changes. I keep getting my SE100K without needing to worry about it.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 9:09 pm

But it does matter if you’re chasing 3MM
Bohemian1 and 24left like this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:53 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Fastest way to do it? Repeated YVR-SYD or YYZ-HKG round trips. I think from memory 9 segments is the "perfect score" for SE - 4 round trips on one of those two routes and then a short hop to finish up. (I did it in 13 segments a couple of years ago doing YVR-SYD returns mostly with a few US trips in the middle)
farmerbrown and canadiancow like this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 5:03 am
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
CC , you need AC metal for MM
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
OP- I am in the same boat- and i had never done a mileage run until last December. Now i have done 4 runs to Asia (3 x TPE, 1 X PEK) since the beginning of December--- add on that a couple of regular business Asia trips, one TLV and a family trip to SYD (on points). In February, I took Mrs. Plumber and we enjoyed a weekend over Chinese New Year.

I am approaching 3MM, but it seems to be happening too slowly for my liking....So, like you, I will be largely restricted to accumulating on AC Metal until i hit that number.

I too am open to trying a bunch of new destinations, but I have already been to most of the destinations where AC flies longhaul. I guess I am most interested in flights I can accumulate 20K AQM or more at a reasonable cost.

So, if anybody comes across great AC longhaul fares (no Y cabin for me btw) that are not in the 'Premium Fares' forum, by all means send a PM to Farmerbrown - I am pretty sure I will book it.

I have flown TPAC with 24Left- you should try it!
Old Apr 8, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: AC S100K
OP: If I correctly guess your frequent routes, I'd look at the Western Canada and Transcontinental flight passes for business travel. The flex versions will hit the AQM first and the latitude versions will hit AQD first. I travel with a mix of both and hit both about the same time.

For what it's worth, excepting concierge service and during IRROPS, the Latitude FP essentially deliver the SE flying experience when actively managed.

Start thinking about the M/$run around November to fill in any gap.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 8:35 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by KenHamer
If a mileage run seems like a chore you're doing it wrong.
Agreed. Funny enough, the first two years I made SE, it was thanks to a year-end MR to BOS. But both times, I met a friend from Maine, we went to a Patriots game (we're both big fans) and I spent some time exploring the city. Definitely not a chore.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: AC 2MM, ALT 75 k
Comfort class promotion bonus for new reservations within Canada or to US by April 19 for flights until Aug 31 may give a MR cushion eg yow - yvr $763 generates 10,166 AQM and $600 AQD. easy same day return
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:32 pm

Programs: AC*SE 2MM, Marriott*Plutonium Lifetime, other stuff
Hush little baby, don't say a word.......
Old Apr 13, 2018, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Agreed. Funny enough, the first two years I made SE, it was thanks to a year-end MR to BOS. But both times, I met a friend from Maine, we went to a Patriots game (we're both big fans) and I spent some time exploring the city. Definitely not a chore.
And this is why I now tell people I'm doing a "Functional MR" rather than an "MR". I agree too that a MR shouldn't be a chore!
Although, I haven't done any sort of MR since 2008.

=============

Side note regarding getting MM... I'm still surprised (but not really) to see that many in general think getting MM just means getting any AQM... boy are they in for a surprise. It might be easy for some to get SE on a yearly basis, but getting to 1MM (forget even 2MM/3MM) is a whole other story.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by krayZpaving
Fastest way to do it? Repeated YVR-SYD or YYZ-HKG round trips. I think from memory 9 segments is the "perfect score" for SE - 4 round trips on one of those two routes and then a short hop to finish up. (I did it in 13 segments a couple of years ago doing YVR-SYD returns mostly with a few US trips in the middle)

Wouldn't the "fastest" way be to bounce yyj-yvr a bunch of times, paying full Y for enough to hit AQD?
Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
Wouldn't the "fastest" way be to bounce yyj-yvr a bunch of times, paying full Y for enough to hit AQD?
Real fastest and not "fastest" would just be to buy the cheapest six-month unlimited J FP. It gets you immediate SE and the installments come to just over $20K AQD in total.
YXUFlyboy and canadiancow like this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: AC 35k
What yyznomad said

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.