FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   AC/UA questions Flying YYZ to EDI on Wed. via EWR. First leg on AC, 2nd leg on UA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1901883-ac-ua-questions-flying-yyz-edi-wed-via-ewr-first-leg-ac-2nd-leg-ua.html)

Ichinensei Apr 2, 18 10:50 am

AC/UA questions Flying YYZ to EDI on Wed. via EWR. First leg on AC, 2nd leg on UA
 
Flying YYZ to EDI on Wednesday via EWR. First leg on AC, 2nd leg on UA

1st question: AC changed the flight from 10am to a 840am flight, Now, both flights show up on the UA itinerary. Is this a problem?
2nd question: Flying into EWR, can you see the Statue of Liberty and if yes, which side of the plane is it on most likely
3rd Question: If I want to upgrade to Economy Plus or Business in the UA leg, should I do this first before I check in on AC website or it does not matter?
and can it be done, after I checked in? I'm thinking yes, because when I print the boarding pass the next day, the seats should reflect it right?

Sorry, I know these questions might be the equivalent of 1+1 for some of you, but I don't fly a lot anymore. thanks

YHZ_Flyer Apr 2, 18 11:16 am


Originally Posted by Ichinensei (Post 29593638)
Flying YYZ to EDI on Wednesday via EWR. First leg on AC, 2nd leg on UA

1st question: AC changed the flight from 10am to a 840am flight, Now, both flights show up on the UA itinerary. Is this a problem?
2nd question: Flying into EWR, can you see the Statue of Liberty and if yes, which side of the plane is it on most likely
3rd Question: If I want to upgrade to Economy Plus or Business in the UA leg, should I do this first before I check in on AC website or it does not matter?
and can it be done, after I checked in? I'm thinking yes, because when I print the boarding pass the next day, the seats should reflect it right?

Sorry, I know these questions might be the equivalent of 1+1 for some of you, but I don't fly a lot anymore. thanks

1. Not a problem at all.
2. Depends on the runway in use, and really too small and too far away to see. Once again depending on the runway in use you may get a view of the NYC skyline.
3. If you want to upgrade on the UA leg, that can be done via the UA app or website. Sounds to me like this is an 016 (United) ticket, and you should be able to upgrade your seat through their website or their online checkin. You need to check in for the AC flight, and I've found that can alter your seat assignment on the UA flight (happened to me twice, bought E+ seats on UA and went to check in with AC and they were gone, and needed to be fixed after). So check in with AC first, then upgrade on UA after would be my advice.

172pilot Apr 2, 18 11:52 am

The only time the Statue of Liberty is visible is when you are landing towards the south. Choose a seat on the left side of the aircraft.

When landing towards the north, it is not visible so it doesn’t matter what side you are on anyway.

Antonio8069 Apr 2, 18 12:12 pm

AC metal
 
The first flight is operated by AC and is an ERJ-175.
The conflguration is 2-2 so any window is fine. If you want to upgrade to J, the configuration is 1-2. No way to know which side of the aircraft is best................depends on EWR ATC!

Ichinensei Apr 3, 18 8:58 am


Originally Posted by YHZ_Flyer (Post 29593745)
1. .
3. If you want to upgrade on the UA leg, that can be done via the UA app or website. Sounds to me like this is an 016 (United) ticket, and you should be able to upgrade your seat through their website or their online checkin. You need to check in for the AC flight, and I've found that can alter your seat assignment on the UA flight (happened to me twice, bought E+ seats on UA and went to check in with AC and they were gone, and needed to be fixed after). So check in with AC first, then upgrade on UA after would be my advice.

checked in to AC, now cannot switch seats or upgrade online. Anyways, can I go to the UA desk at YYZ and see if I can upgrade or have to do it in EWR. I'm not talking e-upgrades and stuff - this is strictly TOD upgrades (basically I am paying more for E+ or J)

YHZ_Flyer Apr 3, 18 12:23 pm


Originally Posted by Ichinensei (Post 29597379)
checked in to AC, now cannot switch seats or upgrade online. Anyways, can I go to the UA desk at YYZ and see if I can upgrade or have to do it in EWR. I'm not talking e-upgrades and stuff - this is strictly TOD upgrades (basically I am paying more for E+ or J)

Weird. After checking in with AC, I have then been able to go on the UA online checkin to purchase E+ seats.

Ichinensei Apr 3, 18 2:30 pm


Originally Posted by YHZ_Flyer (Post 29598113)
Weird. After checking in with AC, I have then been able to go on the UA online checkin to purchase E+ seats.

Nope. it says your flight is operated by Air Canada, and kicks me over to AC website and of course i cant select seats in the AC website either since it is on UA metal. Oh well, Economy it is. Although i will still inquire at EWR since i arrive at 10 am and dont need to be at the Statue until 2pm

eigenvector Apr 3, 18 2:56 pm


Originally Posted by Ichinensei (Post 29598608)
Nope. it says your flight is operated by Air Canada, and kicks me over to AC website and of course i cant select seats in the AC website either since it is on UA metal. Oh well, Economy it is. Although i will still inquire at EWR since i arrive at 10 am and dont need to be at the Statue until 2pm

Any UA agent or self-serve kiosk should be able to do a TOD or E+ purchase. Try at YYZ.

Ichinensei Apr 3, 18 4:46 pm


Originally Posted by eigenvector (Post 29598717)
Any UA agent or self-serve kiosk should be able to do a TOD or E+ purchase. Try at YYZ.

i will and thanks

yul36 Apr 3, 18 9:58 pm


Originally Posted by eigenvector (Post 29598717)
Any UA agent or self-serve kiosk should be able to do a TOD or E+ purchase. Try at YYZ.

Just call them, they will gladly put you in E+ over the phone. The charges will be exactly the same if you wait until the airport. It should carry over when you check in with AC, but you can always check in for the UA seg on the app before doing OLCI with AC.

Ichinensei Apr 4, 18 6:16 pm


Originally Posted by yul36 (Post 29599903)
Just call them, they will gladly put you in E+ over the phone. The charges will be exactly the same if you wait until the airport. It should carry over when you check in with AC, but you can always check in for the UA seg on the app before doing OLCI with AC.

waited till I got to EWR to check. J was 800+, E+ was 130$. Checked at gate 9 hours later same price. Bought it since we had 37 A and C.

going to statue of liberty and back was he'll. There's no taxi. Had to call uber
forgot to mention, there were 8 seats in the whole plane left but at the gate suddenly becomes like 20 weird..or is that nornal


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 2:18 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.