SDC from HKG

Old Mar 28, 2018, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K
SDC from HKG

Confirmed HKG-PEK-YYZ tomorrow but ideally would like to SDC onto the direct HKG-YYZ as I did on my outbound journey. However, I will be arriving at HKG via ferry from Macau, and I believe this means you are essentially treated as a connecting passenger and only visit an AC transfer desk to re-check bags. HKG-PEK is on Air China, so I am concerned any AC agents present in the transfer area may not have the capability/competence/will to complete the SDC. I'm unsure whether I will be allowed to enter the landslide of HKG. Does anyone have experience with this odd situation?

To further complicate matters, my ticket is partially Latitude (HKG-PEK) and partially Tango. This was a manual override by the reservations agent when booking because the website was blocking my purchase, possibly due to a fare class availability discrepancy on the CA leg. I suspect this can only work in my favour, though.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 9:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
You can't SDC from CA to AC.
skybluesea likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
You can't SDC from CA to AC.
Damn...so is SDC only possible on journeys that are entirely on AC metal? It's an 014 ticket, etc. If so, makes it even more frustrating that I cannot access my CA booking (at least t->24, so far) to select seats or pay upgrade.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mmike_319

Damn...so is SDC only possible on journeys that are entirely on AC metal? It's an 014 ticket, etc. If so, makes it even more frustrating that I cannot access my CA booking (at least t->24, so far) to select seats or pay upgrade.
It doesn't need to be entirely AC.

But you can only SDC from AC to AC.

PEK-HKG-YVR-YYZ could be SDC'd to PEK-HKG-YYZ. But you can't touch the CA segment.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 11:12 pm

CA would need to consent to the change, and your only point of interaction would be CA for the first segment. Short of cancelling your connecting itinerary (with all conditions of refundability intact) and selling you whatever walk-up nonstop fare they have on offer ($$$$$$), AC can't do anything for you.

If CA knows that they won't be able to deliver you to PEK for the onwards AC flight due to a known delay, they might be persuaded to arrange for you travel on the AC non-stop. But CA isn't going to willingly give up revenue and arrange for your travel on an AC nonstop if they're not required to do so.
Old May 26, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: AC SE
what about HKG-YVR-YYC SDC to HKG-YYZ-YYC? I have a potential meeting in YYZ that this would allow me to make.
Old May 26, 2018, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by 300rwhp
what about HKG-YVR-YYC SDC to HKG-YYZ-YYC? I have a potential meeting in YYZ that this would allow me to make.
IME you can usually only do a SDC if the requested route is a published routing (and HKG-YYZ-YYC is not a published routing for HKG-YYC), though I'm sure it somewhat depends on the agent.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.