Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC changes to North American fares: introduces Comfort, renames Tango to Standard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC changes to North American fares: introduces Comfort, renames Tango to Standard

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2018, 6:57 pm

Programs: AC 35k
I think the worst thing about AC fares is you can't determine which class you're in by the fare code. You need the entire fare basis with the suffix which is not easy to find on most booking engines. I can't even find this on Aeroplan if I book a market fare.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by NordsFan
Indeed. IIRC "Comfort" was sold as S class on certain European routes including MAN (after BD dropped their short-lived A330 service to YYZ around 2005) and GLA.

The summer season 884-885 pairing on YUL-CDG using a 762 also had S class for sale in that same period.
"Comfort Class" was simply a big seat option on domestically configured 767's flying internationally where no business class service was offered.

GLA/MAN/BHX, etc.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:22 pm
YQY

Programs: P25
Ok, let's say I book a Comfort ticket.

I can check my bag for free, and I can fly same-day standby at no cost.

Can I do both? Can I check my bag, AND fly same-day standby? It seems disingenuous to offer both perks and not present it as a one or the other option.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:48 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
upgrade requirements

Upgrade requirements now with new bookings
Attached Images
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by traacs
Not particularly interesting though. Comfort same as Flex. What happened to high flex?

It appears as a practical matter Latitude now is really the only upgradeable fare for frequent upgraders.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:59 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by traacs
Wonderful... you still don't know whether you're going to end up in a co-pay situation when buying Flex
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Stranger
Not particularly interesting though. Comfort same as Flex. What happened to high flex?

It appears as a practical matter Latitude now is really the only upgradeable fare for frequent upgraders.
Huh? High Flex (MUH) is still 4.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
Problem is also (as noted somewhere above) that you can't select a higher booking code from the website so need to call in.,
[Unless I missed a subtle link].

On a positive note, looking for a Sept trip, I thought fares were 'reasonable' for CO as being only ~$30 more than Flex. That differential will change according to market forces!
Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Huh? High Flex (MUH) is still 4.
So it's less than comfort then?
Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Stranger
So it's less than comfort then?
Comfort MUH is also 4. The rest of the fare classes for Comfort are 10 with no co-pay.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Comfort MUH is also 4. The rest of the fare classes for Comfort are 10 with no co-pay.
Are Comfort MUHs the same as Flex MUHs? Either way, it's a major step back not to be able to select High Flex or High Comfort at the beginning.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
At least we know (until it changes) that if you select Comfort there is no co-pay.

You'd think AC would add a symbol for that.
ffsim and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Was this double AQM on Comfort fares offer posted anywhere?

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ble-miles.html

Limited time only! Earn double the Altitude® Qualifying Miles on any eligible round trip (or two one-way segments) booked in a comfort fare on all flights within Canada and between Canada and the U.S.

Not only will these Altitude Qualifying Miles help you reach a higher Altitude status, they’re also Aeroplan® Miles which can be redeemed for Aeroplan Rewards!
Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by JordanYVR
Was this double AQM on Comfort fares offer posted anywhere?

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ble-miles.html
Starts today. Useful post. Thanks
Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by tomvancouver
Problem is also (as noted somewhere above) that you can't select a higher booking code from the website so need to call in.,
[Unless I missed a subtle link].

On a positive note, looking for a Sept trip, I thought fares were 'reasonable' for CO as being only ~$30 more than Flex. That differential will change according to market forces!
I'm going to take a wild guess that this was a short NA hop where a preferred seat would be ~$30 and the 10% AQM negligible?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.