Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Likelihood of Air Canada or Westjet putting on a seat sale in April?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2018, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Does anyone know the likelihood of Air Canada or Westjet putting on a seat sale in April?

I was looking to fly from Edmonton to Paris in July and would really rather not pay full price. Right now tickets are hovering around $1300
Old Mar 25, 2018, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by darwinstheory333
Does anyone know the likelihood of Air Canada or Westjet putting on a seat sale in April?

I was looking to fly from Edmonton to Paris in July and would really rather not pay full price. Right now tickets are hovering around $1300
Is 1300 in lowest Y all that bad? I could see J being cheaper over the summer. But Y? If anything, as we get closer prices should go up. A Y sale would not make much sense at all at peak tourism travel time. A J sale when business travel is slow is of course a different story.

BTW welcome to the zoo.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Agreed. Flights to Europe in the middle of July are not going to get any cheaper. And though $1300 is extortion, it’s comparitively a decent deal compared to what you might pay if you wait.

If if you’re traveling with someone else maybe get the WestJet rbc card and use your companion flight to LGW. Other than that, I don’t know of any way you’re going to save much money vs the prices you’re seeing right now.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Agreed with the posters above that we get close to summer (peak season for economy leisure travel to Europe), prices are only likely to go up. Have you looked to see if there are cheaper fares connecting through the US?
Old Mar 25, 2018, 5:23 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
+1. A Y sale is not impossible but quite unlikely, usually depends on predicted load factors and advance sales. With a strong Euro (vs CAD) this may entice a few more Europeans to visit Canada this summer... From time to time, there has been a J sale in April or May - but not always.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by david_oz
And though $1300 is extortion, it’s comparitively a decent deal compared to what you might pay if you wait.
Why would that be extortion? Seems like a pretty standard fare to me.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Intl2018

10% international flights for aircanada
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by darwinstheory333
Intl2018

10% international flights for aircanada
!. It's 10% off base fare. Not 10% of the price. That matters based on the destination

3. Also note the "Book By" info. Above it shows 11:59 PM MDT

Below, it says "11:59 PM from your city of departure in Canada"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.