No more MLL passes on eBay?

Old Mar 25, 18, 12:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UW*, UL*S
No more MLL passes on eBay?

My company policy is Tango, it sucks, I know...and you can't buy MLL access on this fare as an official add-on to your ticket

In January I flew YYZ - LGA - IAD round trip, and bought a MLL pass on eBay to help kill the terrible layover (and terrible LGA airport). Worked great and was cheap FWIW.

I booked YEG - YYC - LHR - CGN in May and was looking to kill time both ways at LHR MLL in T2, so I thought I'd turn to eBay again for help.

When I last searched for MLL passes on eBay I was able to get pages and pages of results, did recent policy changes ban sellers from offering MLL pages on eBay now? Because nothing turns out when I search 'Air Canada lounge' or 'Maple Leaf Lounge' or similar queries in the search bar.

Not even sure if LHR MLL even accepts the passes! I was gonna zoom in on a seller's lounge pass terms and conditions to make sure it was even valid! Does anyone have alternate suggestions for a lounge at LHR T2 while I'm there anyway? The layover is 6h both ways.
Old Mar 25, 18, 1:08 am

Programs: AC*S100K, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Bryan Tran View Post
Not even sure if LHR MLL even accepts the passes! I was gonna zoom in on a seller's lounge pass terms and conditions to make sure it was even valid!
It doesn't. They are only valid in Canadian (domestic and transborder) and US MLLs.

bawm
zeer0 and Bryan Tran like this.
Old Mar 25, 18, 1:13 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
The MLL paper passes are valid at domestic and trans-border locations ONLY. Not withstanding whether or not buying/selling passes is technically allowed as per the T&C of the passes.... Do you have a credit card that has Priority Pass access? If you don't hold status in an airline that likely would be your best bet since you travel in Tango.
ffsim and Bryan Tran like this.
Old Mar 25, 18, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by Bryan Tran View Post
Does anyone have alternate suggestions for a lounge at LHR T2 while I'm there anyway?
I believe you can get into Plaza Premium for $60. But if you travel frequently, I suggest picking up a Priority Pass membership through a premium credit card. You can get this through AMEX Plat (unlimited free access), BMO World Elite (4 passes) and Scotiabank Plat AMEX (10 passes).
zeer0 likes this.

Last edited by zoqfotpik; Mar 25, 18 at 1:30 am
Old Mar 25, 18, 11:08 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Why don't you get an American Express Platnum card ? It includes a PriorityPass membership with unlimited free visits, plus 60K points (referral offer) and a $200 travel credit everytime you signup.
eigenvector likes this.
Old Mar 25, 18, 11:52 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by MasterGeek View Post
Why don't you get an American Express Platnum card ? It includes a PriorityPass membership with unlimited free visits, plus 60K points (referral offer) and a $200 travel credit everytime you signup.
If you run a small business the Business Platinum also now have unlimited Priority Pass access as well as access to the Premium Plazza lounges in all the Canadian airports. It is $200 cheaper (but does not have the $200 travel credit). I like these lounges better than the Maple Leaf Lounges.
Old Mar 25, 18, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA Plat, IHG Plat, AMEX Plat, Nat EE
Another one here voting for the OP to get an AMEX Platinum.
Old Mar 25, 18, 4:19 pm

Programs: AC E35K, Marriott Gold,
Also, the passes are good until the end of the benefit year, usually the end of February. This is likely why you saw so many for sale in January as there was < 2 months remaining that they could be used in. Anyone who has these as part of 2018 Altitude status would have until Feb 2019 to use them so probably haven't decided that they have extra to offload just yet.
Old Mar 26, 18, 10:19 am

I've seen lots of MLL passes on Kijiji. Buyer beware and all that jazz.
Old Mar 26, 18, 12:11 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Platinum, Nexus/GE
If you have AE to burn, you can redeem 7,250 miles for one MLL pass.
Old Mar 26, 18, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by yultraveler View Post
If you have AE to burn, you can redeem 7,250 miles for one MLL pass.
This doesn't help for LHR

"Lounges located in the domestic and transborder zones of Canadian airports, as well as those in Los Angeles and New York (LaGuardia).
Old Mar 26, 18, 12:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Platinum, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by monkai View Post
This doesn't help for LHR

"Lounges located in the domestic and transborder zones of Canadian airports, as well as those in Los Angeles and New York (LaGuardia).
Indeed, but it does provide an alternative to buying them on eBay/Kijiji.
Old Mar 26, 18, 12:55 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
You can buy up to Flex or PY and then purchase a pass to the lounge for $50/$25. From Tango this is likely very expensive. But ... I have seen PY offered for below Tango prices, once.

LHR lounge is worth $25 imho, $50 perhaps not - unless you wish to and can safely imbibe and operate under large quantities of alcohol.

Your only other option is either a different lounge of try posting in the lounge thread to see if anyone would guest you in. Given you are looking for LHR though I'm not sure you'll find anyone routing through at the same time. I didn't when I requested it on a Flex ticket not being willing to spend $50. I seem to recall the airport wifi was decent though and I instead got a meal just before security (acceptable lamb shank overlooking the planes for what it's worth). Can't recall the place but it was at the far right of T2 as you enter.
Old Mar 26, 18, 12:56 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by yultraveler View Post
Indeed, but it does provide an alternative to buying them on eBay/Kijiji.
And it's also allowed, unlike buying or at least selling. But it's 7250 points, for 6750 you can get $50 gift cards.
Old Mar 26, 18, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UW*, UL*S
Thanks for the responses (and referral links) everyone about the AMEX signup bonuses. I'll look into that.

Originally Posted by TOR27 View Post
Also, the passes are good until the end of the benefit year, usually the end of February. This is likely why you saw so many for sale in January as there was < 2 months remaining that they could be used in. Anyone who has these as part of 2018 Altitude status would have until Feb 2019 to use them so probably haven't decided that they have extra to offload just yet.
THAT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!!! Thank you! It was driving me nuts! For some reason I thought AC stopped issuing them but couldn't find anything on Google or FT to back that up. Then I thought eBay banned them for whatever reason!! Although I'm thankful for everyone else's responses on how to mitigate not accessing the MLL at LHR, this response in particular was the one I was secretly dying to figure out the hardest!!

Originally Posted by jc94 View Post
LHR lounge is worth $25 imho, $50 perhaps not - unless you wish to and can safely imbibe and operate under large quantities of alcohol.
Oh hell yeah you blew my cover, my primary reason for MLL visits is responding to emails while downing the liquor in peace. $25 can only get you so far for a night's drinking in Edmonton and being inebriated on a flight to Germany won't make me too different in the crowd!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: