Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting in Toronto -- ORD-TLV

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2018, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Connecting in Toronto -- ORD-TLV

I'm flying ORD-TLV (and back) and am about to book through Air Canada. In both directions, there is a 90-100 minute layover in Toronto. It looks like both are just a bit greater than Air Canada's requirements, but it still feels tight. Is this acceptable? In one direction, but not both, I think, I can arrange a longer layover -- a lot longer, like four hours. Do I need to claim my bags in Toronto and go through customs? Thanks!
Old Mar 24, 2018, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Should be plenty of time. No need to claim your bags. Take the short connection. AC has plenty of flights to OrRD so worst case scenario if your flight is delayed on the return they put you on a later flight.

If if you really need to be in TLV that day shortly after Flight arrives then you might want to leave ORD earlier due to risk of delay from ORD. If you do miss the connection, AC will put you on a connecting flight through Europe such as FRA, which is a painVs direct Flight but may or may not be that big a concern for you.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

I actually really do need to arrive in Tel Aviv by 1 PM, as I'm meeting a group. Hmmm.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
The rule of thumb if you NEED to be somewhere is to leave plenty of time for your connections - particularly when dealing with airports like ORD that are prone to delays.

You won’t presumably lose much by leaving an hour earlier.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
If its critical, then one should plan on arriving the day before.

90 minutes is plenty of time under normal circumstances, either direction. But things may not be normal, from the arriving flight, the airport itself, or the long hop over the pond. Give yourself an extra day.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The Lev
The rule of thumb if you NEED to be somewhere is to leave plenty of time for your connections - particularly when dealing with airports like ORD that are prone to delays.
Not only with connections but also upon arrival. Long haul flights can easily get delayed by over an hour or more.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stranger
Not only with connections but also upon arrival. Long haul flights can easily get delayed by over an hour or more.
Arrival is a few hours early. There's also an option for a group flight, and they aren't arriving the night before, so I won't worry about that part. But possibly I will opt for the longer layover. Coming home, it isn't as urgent, but I am supposed to go back to work the next day (I'm sure I'll be bright-eyed : ).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.