FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   MLL admittance rule (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1900249-mll-admittance-rule.html)

qq511 Mar 23, 2018 3:59 am

MLL admittance rule

If I travel on International J on AC connecting to transborder Y on AC, do I have access to the transborder MLL at YVR? Similarly on the return, if the transborder leg is still Y and the international leg is J, do I have access to the transborder MLL or the international MLL at YVR?

jc94 Mar 23, 2018 4:51 am

Originally Posted by qq511 (Post 29557472)
If I travel on International J on AC connecting to transborder Y on AC, do I have access to the transborder MLL at YVR? Similarly on the return, if the transborder leg is still Y and the international leg is J, do I have access to the transborder MLL or the international MLL at YVR?

What is the actual route? Basically if connecting TO J with an onward J pass you have access to the relevant MLL at YVR. From J is mor complicated.

Assume no status and paid tickets?

RangerNS Mar 23, 2018 7:23 am

Can you physically get to the international lounge in YVR or do they dump you directly into customs?

Fiordland Mar 23, 2018 9:09 am

Originally Posted by RangerNS (Post 29557904)
Can you physically get to the international lounge in YVR or do they dump you directly into customs?

Arrivals from international and US merge and then there are paths from their to international connection, US customers and CDN customs. The US customs and International Customers route can sometimes be closed depending on time of day.

There is also a patch from international departures concourse to US departures.

qq511 Mar 23, 2018 9:33 am

Right no status and paid ticket. PEK-YVR-DEN and return. J on both international legs and Y on the transborder legs. So no MLL access at YVR on the outbound trip?

BenSenise Mar 23, 2018 9:53 am

In short, you only get lounge access before a flight in J. So J to YVR and then Y to DEN, no lounge. Y from DEN to YVR and then next flight, YVR to PEK in J, then yes, you get MLL access in the international departures sector.

it's ridiculous.

somedude3210 Mar 23, 2018 10:00 am

AC's website for MLL access mentions holding a same day J boarding pass for access. It says eligible flight but doesn't say the next flight you're on has to also be in J. It was BS (before status) that I'd fly into YVR in J and connect to a flight home that's Y only. Never had issues presenting the J board pass of the flight I connected from.

Jazzed91 Mar 23, 2018 10:31 am

Originally Posted by somedude3210 (Post 29558468)
AC's website for MLL access mentions holding a same day J boarding pass for access. It says eligible flight but doesn't say the next flight you're on has to also be in J. It was BS (before status) that I'd fly into YVR in J and connect to a flight home that's Y only. Never had issues presenting the J board pass of the flight I connected from.

I’m usually in the same situation. I’ll arrive in YVR from YYZ in paid J, but connect to an all Y Jazz flight to YYJ. I’ve always just given the agent manning the desk both my inbound J boarding pass and my outbound one in Y.

I’ve never had an issue doing that with a domestic->domestic connection. I haven’t tried that with any other sort of connection yet though.

pitz Mar 23, 2018 4:39 pm

Do you have eligibility to waitlist for J for the onwards segment? If so, you're good. If not, then no access for you other than qualifying by way of status or pay-for-access schemas.

The case of YVR-YYJ/YCD/etc., is that J simply isn't offered, but if a J-capable plane was substituted, the J waitlist would actually clear and waitlist (and hence lounge-eligible) passengers would be seated in J..

So someone who in flew, on a United business reward, SFO-YVR-YYJ, would *not* be eligible for lounge access at YVR. An AC AP customer who flew SFO-YVR-YYJ as a AP Business redemption would.

Sunny Day Mar 23, 2018 4:44 pm

YVR-YYJ never has J. It is a Q400 plane. All Y.

pitz Mar 23, 2018 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Sunny Day (Post 29559863)
YVR-YYJ never has J. It is a Q400 plane. All Y.

That's not true. Occasionally J-capable planes are substituted and J waitlists are cleared. With those having an entitlement being seated in their paid for class of service.

DrunkCargo Mar 24, 2018 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by somedude3210 (Post 29558468)

Under Admittance Terms and Conditions,
  • At the reception desk, eligible customers must present their same-day ticket or boarding pass on a departing Air Canada, Air Canada Express, Air Canada Rouge, Air Canada codeshare flight, or any Star Alliance member airline flight. They may also be required to present their Altitude or Star Alliance Gold membership card.
I believe the key word is "departing", which would mean the next flight.

As for the OP, you're not missing much in the YVR TB MLL, except for maybe a shower. The PPL may be an option as well, but lacking shower and certain drinks, but with actual food.

​​​​

qq511 Mar 24, 2018 9:25 pm

Agree with your reading of the rule, will try my luck at the MLL though. I also have PP card and have a 6-hour layover, will check out both if possible.

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo (Post 29562642)
Under Admittance Terms and Conditions,
  • At the reception desk, eligible customers must present their same-day ticket or boarding pass on a departing Air Canada, Air Canada Express, Air Canada Rouge, Air Canada codeshare flight, or any Star Alliance member airline flight. They may also be required to present their Altitude or Star Alliance Gold membership card.
I believe the key word is "departing", which would mean the next flight.

As for the OP, you're not missing much in the YVR TB MLL, except for maybe a shower. The PPL may be an option as well, but lacking shower and certain drinks, but with actual food.

​​​​

RunningforMiles May 18, 2019 10:26 am

Originally Posted by qq511 (Post 29563463)
Agree with your reading of the rule, will try my luck at the MLL though. I also have PP card and have a 6-hour layover, will check out both if possible.

Sorry to bump this, but what was the result? I have a TYO-YUL-NYC coming up, J on the TPAC leg, Y on the transborder leg and I'm hoping I'll be able to access the transborder MLL. I have no *A status and it's the TPAC leg is an award ticket.

yyznomad May 18, 2019 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by RunningforMiles (Post 31114434)
Sorry to bump this, but what was the result? I have a TYO-YUL-NYC coming up, J on the TPAC leg, Y on the transborder leg and I'm hoping I'll be able to access the transborder MLL. I have no *A status and it's the TPAC leg is an award ticket.

So this is not all under the same ticket then?
Or is the whole thing the same award ticket but the transborder flight is confirmed in Y?