Search

Aeroplan flights to Russia

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2018, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue
Aeroplan flights to Russia

Hi everyone,

Just wondering, does anyone have a clue as to why Aeroplan seems to have no flight options to Russia at all between October and February 2019. I have tried numerous dates, trying to fly into/out of Moscow (tried all 3 airports) and St Petersburg!

there should be plenty of choices considering LH/LX/OZ all fly into the 2 cities.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by djskynet
Hi everyone,

Just wondering, does anyone have a clue as to why Aeroplan seems to have no flight options to Russia at all between October and February 2019. I have tried numerous dates, trying to fly into/out of Moscow (tried all 3 airports) and St Petersburg!

there should be plenty of choices considering LH/LX/OZ all fly into the 2 cities.
I assume you mean from YYZ given your listed location? I see tons of options, probably an AP glitch.
Random dates, Oct 11th gives me YYZ-MUC-DME , that's all business and return Oct 25th there's only double stops for all J which is DME-FRA-LHR-YYZ.

Now that's 115k miles and $1100 taxes but there are better threads about ways to avoid taxes. But there are definitely dates available.

I also wouldn't worry about getting the MUC/FRA-DME/LED flights in business. LH Y is fine for the short hop if you book extra leg room for 30 euros. You even get fed.

You didn't define if you want Y or J. Tons more options in Y and taxes are halved, miles are of course 75k for that zone.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue
I tried again using your example and still I get no results. That is odd.
i should have mentioned - I am looking at 2 adults in business. This will in fact part of a mini rtw in Europe. Regardless I have tried 1 adult and coach too but still I don't get anything. This is thru the app though maybe there is a glitch...

Edit: tried on a computer and I can indeed see flights. Only the app is not yielding any flights
Old Mar 18, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Typical AC IT nonsense.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:05 am

The Aeroplan app is garbage. FYI The AE computer website will only list a few of the possible combinations, with a preference to AC flights. Watch out for Y/J combos as they usually put you in Y TATL!. Check out UA website and then call in at AE. Or get the TATL segment and then add on the connecting flight by calling in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.