Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Spring 2018 hotel points conversion promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan Spring 2018 hotel points conversion promo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by milesforhire
Well that's pretty disappointing. And definitive.
Has anyone tried the Marriott Travel Package route? I know Marriott have pretty clear wording on their site but I just wonder if they added that during the last 35% promotion(when Aeroplan made it clear the travel packages were excluded) and have neglected to take it off. Wishful thinking probably but just curious if anyone had tried it?
Old Mar 28, 2018, 3:53 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by Enigma368
Has anyone tried the Marriott Travel Package route? I know Marriott have pretty clear wording on their site but I just wonder if they added that during the last 35% promotion(when Aeroplan made it clear the travel packages were excluded) and have neglected to take it off. Wishful thinking probably but just curious if anyone had tried it?

I have a 35% bonus offer but it seems Marriott is excluding travel package bonuses:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/morepack.mi
*Bonus miles from Aeroplan (Air Canada) offers are not applicable.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Lightbulb Wishful Thinking

Originally Posted by Enigma368
This was my hope too. Either that or they just put the text on there and no actual algorithm in place. Unlikely but possible.
MasterGeek likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
This was my hope too. Either that or they just put the text on there and no actual algorithm in place. Unlikely but possible.
Guess it is a pretty big gamble to test it.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
How long does it take for the bonus points to show up in your account?

On March 22 I converted Marriott points into 100,000 Aeroplan points (not the hotel&points package - just the straight points).

The 100,000 points showed up in my Aeroplan account almost immediately.

But as of today, April 2, no 35% bonus (as promised) have shown up.

Thanks.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Salisbury5

On March 22 I converted Marriott points into 100,000 Aeroplan points (not the hotel&points package - just the straight points).

Thanks.
The terms and conditions say the 35% bonus will be posted 4 to 6 weeks after the end of the promo period, so well within what's "promised" still.

Mine showed up 2 weeks after the transfer posted.

Last edited by Adam1222; Apr 2, 2018 at 5:28 pm
Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:16 pm

data point

Originally Posted by Salisbury5

Thanks.
My SPG points showed up on March 15, and I got the [25%] conversion bonus on March 27.

Last edited by onfo; Apr 2, 2018 at 5:17 pm Reason: added bonus %
Old Apr 3, 2018, 9:21 am

Myself, spouse and daughter all got the 25% Aeroplan Spring 2018 hotel conversion promo offer. My son, who doesn't not travel any more/less than his sister, was offered 35%. I wonder how Aeroplan decides who will get the 25% vs the 35% conversion offer?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 9:25 am

My guess is that it would be 'blocked' at the Aeroplan side of things, and seeing as Aeroplan's IT is rather amateur, it could be very well as you (and I) wish and hope for!
Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:58 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by WKnight
My guess is that it would be 'blocked' at the Aeroplan side of things, and seeing as Aeroplan's IT is rather amateur, it could be very well as you (and I) wish and hope for!
We need a volunteer to take one for the team (TOFT) and do a Marriott to Aeroplan (hotel+miles package) transfer to see if bonus points will be posted.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
We need a volunteer to take one for the team (TOFT) and do a Marriott to Aeroplan (hotel+miles package) transfer to see if bonus points will be posted.
Well, when you word it THAT way...
Old Apr 5, 2018, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
My conversion from Club Radisson (or Club Carlson or whatever it's called now) took a few business days. Got the 25% bonus without issue.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Question

Originally Posted by yyznomad
My conversion from Club Radisson (or Club Carlson or whatever it's called now) took a few business days. Got the 25% bonus without issue.
Just curious, how many CC points did you use and how any AE points did you end up with? The website states a 50% boost on the Radisson side, but there's no feedback from the website to confirm it. Default states 2000 points becomes 250 miles.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 3:13 pm

Huh...originally, I was given the 25% conversion promo, but then last week a new email arrived and said I would get 35%. No thanks.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 7:37 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Angry

No bonus on Marriott Travel Packages, no deal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.