Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Adding child to my reservation.... possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2018, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: E75K

Hi,
i will be flying YYJ to YYZ for work in May. I will be booking through my work TA. There is a good chance my 11 year old child will come out with me (I will purchase a reward ticket for him). Is there any way he can be added to my reservation to ensure we travel together? I’m thinking no but want to make sure.
thanks
Old Mar 11, 2018, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by YYJAC
Hi,
i will be flying YYJ to YYZ for work in May. I will be booking through my work TA. There is a good chance my 11 year old child will come out with me (I will purchase a reward ticket for him). Is there any way he can be added to my reservation to ensure we travel together? I’m thinking no but want to make sure.
thanks
Within North America its just another adult fare. After you finish settling both tickets (with your TA and Aeroplan) you can all AC Res and tie the two PNRs together, so they are aware its linked.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
Within North America its just another adult fare. After you finish settling both tickets (with your TA and Aeroplan) you can all AC Res and tie the two PNRs together, so they are aware its linked.
Proper expression is cross-reference. Which may help, or not.

I recently had a paid ticket, with my wife on aeroplan. AC ticket, with legs on LH. On the return, last LH leg got cancelled. Either the cross-reference did not get transmitted to LH, or they missed it. They rebooked her but let me hanging.

Of course, in the end, in the lounge they rebooked both of us on a slightly different itinerary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.