Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC to fly YVR-LIH flights Dec 2018 - Apr 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SEMM

Good news on the new direct flight.

Although BIZ seats will likely be 2-3x the cost on UA

Air Canada Announces 2018/2019 Winter Schedule for Sun Destinations from Vancouver | YVR

From December 2018 to April 2019, the YVR-LIH route will offer a three-time weekly service. Lihue is the second largest town on the Hawaiian island of Kauai, which is known as a cultural and historical getaway. The route will use a Boeing 737 MAX, which uses 20 per cent less fuel per seat than the original Next-Generation 737. Air Canada has configured the cabin to include North American Business and Economy class seats.

“The introduction of the fuel-efficient Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft to our fleet has given us tremendous flexibility to strategically enhance our already extensive North American network, and offer more flights to popular destinations with more connection options from our YVR hub. With 41 weekly flights next winter to Hawaii, we’re very pleased to launch new flights to Kauai, as well as double the number of flights from Western Canada and offer day-time return flight options from Honolulu and Maui to Vancouver,” said Benjamin Smith, President, Passenger Airlines at Air Canada. “The new 737 MAX is the mainstay of our refreshed North American fleet, and customers are already enjoying the next generation of our onboard entertainment system, ample storage space in its generous overhead bins and the ability to stay connected during flight with wi-fi.”
Old Mar 8, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
It would seem the 737 is going to open up as many, if not more new routes than Rouge and the 787 will
Old Mar 8, 2018, 8:20 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
lets hope AC puts in better business class for these flights, the US carriers have got so many layflat seats.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by flybit
lets hope AC puts in better business class for these flights, the US carriers have got so many layflat seats.
I doubt that anyone has lay flat seats to LIH.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
I doubt that AC wants to touch the additional complexity of creating several sub-fleets of the 7M8 with a 10 foot pole, especially for a seasonal low-yield market like Hawaii.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
There are no lie flat seats on the 737.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
There are no lie flat seats on the 737.
lets hope Marketing dept at AC look to change this, and create a sub fleet of better 737's
Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:06 pm

lets hope Marketing dept at AC look to change this, and create a sub fleet of better 737's
a sub fleet of 737s w/ lie-flat front-cabin seating to serve a market like LIH. Wow

... AC is hoping WS' new CEO has the same mind-set and network decision making instincts you demonstrate
yyz_atc_qq and YZF_Elite like this.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 11:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hilton Diamond AC*75K
I just snagged 5 J tickets yyz-yvr-lih for this Christmas for the whole fam. Kauai is our favorite island.
Sucks that I couldn't at least get a wide body on the yyz-yvr legs but getting 5 j tickets at Christmas is good enough for me.
Actually I could have grabbed some, but I'd rather not have 6 or 7 hr layovers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.