Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Your most memorable trip with Air Canada ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your most memorable trip with Air Canada ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:53 pm

Programs: TK *G
My first J flight was pretty memorable. It was back in 2013 when I was still a student. I booked AC31 to PEK in Y, my name was called right before boarding, and then my seat number changed from something like 19K to 1D
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
First time having omelette on YVR - YUL
Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:14 pm

I think my most memorable flight on Air Canada was my first ever flight in J.
YYZ-LHR on a blue pod seat.
I ate everything that was offered during the meal service.
I was amazed seeing the seat becoming lie-flat for the first time. Then I couldn’t fall asleep easily though because lying down inside an airplane felt so surreal.

Last edited by agjil; Mar 7, 2018 at 9:24 pm
Old Mar 7, 2018, 10:10 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by airbus320
Mine has nothing to do with service or comfort nor quality of wine and good food.

Most memorable "trip" or most memorable "flight"?

Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:15 pm

The first flights I remember flying were LH in economy because they literally had lunch bags on the intra-Germany flight that you would collect as you boarded - hey I was a kid, that was cool! But for AC I think the most memorable flight was my first Dash8 13A experience (likely YEG-YQU or something similar) ... as much as I hate facing a whole plane load of people, the sensation of taking off backward is just sooo incredibly weird!
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I don't know if I have a "most" memorable.

The time I boarded a flight, and the SD was so happy to see me again that (s)he gave me a hug? The flights with him/her were always amazing. I had a friend on one of them. He also loved the service.

The time I bought an LMU on YYZ-SFO, and that experience caused me to join FT so I could figure out how to sit up front every flight after I realized I'd be flying a lot more?

The numerous flights I've taken with friends, before or after great vacations?

Until I meet a future spouse on a flight, I'm not sure I'll be able to significantly top any of the many great flights I've had.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by smallmj
13 September 1987 YYZ-YHZ

I actually don't remember if it was Air Canada or Canadian Pacific, but they're the same now, so who cares?

It was memorable because the captain gave regular updates about the Canada Cup finals game 2, which was a doozy. Gretzky fed Lemieux for the winning goal in double OT.

Those were the days.
Similar experience, flying to Calgary for the 2006 Stanley cup finals. Every seat back screen had live hockey playing, and we all cheered in unison. Yes, flying to Calgary and we all cheered for the Oilers. Once we landed and hit the city, a church had a sign out front that said "Forgive me lord, but go Oilers go!"

My most memorable was flying a quick 1 hour flight on a Soviet built narrow body as a kid, in economy . At least I got caviar and vodka with the meal tray!

Flying back home and having the plane circle above my girlfriend's (at the time) house, and I was able to snap a pic on my blackberry (one of the first models with a camera). We were so close you could even make out the house in the 8 bit pixelated image taken.

Last edited by tcook052; Mar 8, 2018 at 12:57 pm Reason: delted quote
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
You never forget your first.....

Mid-1960's School Field Trip - 30 minute fam/scenic flight over Niagara Falls on a Vanguard. $29.00

Still have my book report, received lifesavers, a juice, and a blue plastic airplane.

^
Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:00 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
You never forget your first.....

Mid-1960's School Field Trip - 30 minute fam/scenic flight over Niagara Falls on a Vanguard. $29.00

Still have my book report, received lifesavers, a juice, and a blue plastic airplane.

^
As someone who took his first steps on another continent, I can assure you, it's possible to forget your first
quantumofforce likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jaysona

Most memorable "trip" or most memorable "flight"?

Flight it is.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Platinum; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; Hertz PC
2 weeks ago. First flights with AC. Flight 868 to LHR on the new 787-9 in Business. My 6 month pregnant wife was able to lie flat and take a nap which she was very happy about. Both hard and soft product were excellent.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: AC*35K, Maple Leaf Club Worldwide, HHonours, SPG, Fairmont President's Club
The first time I flew in J -- op up, I had no status so I was incredibly surprised (and delighted). The best I can figure is that there must not have been anyone with higher status that could be upgraded. It was magical.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:14 am

Leaving YOW during the ice storm Jan 9, 1998. Getting to the airport was a feat in itself. My wife and I were one of the last flights out before the airport closed and the place was a zoo. Flight was oversold and I was the last to board. While waiting in line for de-icing my seatback broke and went back to much. Some would consider this a plus but the FA's were not amused. A quick discussion and then I was tossed into the jump seat. Was definitely a memorable day/flight.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

Please note that a number of posts have been deleted and/or edited to get this thread back to its topic so please follow FT Rules by a.) sticking to the thread topic which is most memorable AC flights and not other airlines and b.) if you take umbrage with another member's post please do not engage with that member but report the post in question to a forum moderator who will review it and take action if necessary. Member's who find themselves unable to follow FT Rules may find themselves unable to participate in FT.

tcook052
AC forum Mod.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: Back of the bus
Most memorable AC flight? A few..

1) HNL-YVR in pods with the pierce brosnan look alike SD who was serving us in J. Top notch service. I asked for a "Scotch and a Ginger Ale", to which he brought me 3 big drinks. A scotch, A ginger ale, and a scotch with ginger ale. I asked if he was confused.... he said "No, you're going back to Canada so I figured you'd like one of each!"

2) YYC-YYZ AC140 Sunday night commutes. Flew these in J every week for about a year straight. Got to know the crews who made the flights easy to bear... and as always kept me topped up, service was always solid... and well... the COOKIES!

I know these aren't very exciting, but when the staff are top notch it's a great flight to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.