Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Your most memorable trip with Air Canada ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your most memorable trip with Air Canada ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: status-free
St. Lucia to Toronto, August 1998. Plane full of elderly folks, many apparent first time flyers (judging by their unfamiliarity with seat belts). We flew through a corner of Hurricane Bonnie, heavy heavy turbulence, lights going out, seat belt signs on but most of the passengers getting up anyway to get their bibles out of the overhead bins.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 9:20 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Work trip YEG-YYZ-CUN-YYZ-YEG, both my colleague and I got op ups at the gate for EVERY leg(no AC status, UA 1K) while my boss and a bunch of other people from work didn't. LOL. Funny seeing their face on the way there and even funnier on the way back. Not sure why that happened but extremely memorable
Old Mar 12, 2018, 5:27 am

Not sure if Air BC counts, if yes, it would be my first flight (1986), 6 years old, YLW-YVR in a Dash 8? (or something similar) going to watch first Canucks game. The feeling of that first takeoff, seeing the cockpit and looking down at all the small cars. Will always remember that.

Otherwise a newly minted Elite getting upgraded to a pod, YVR-LHR, followed by being upgraded on return legs CPH-YYZ-YVR. Hooked on the comfy seats ever since

Worst Flight: YVR-YDQ, killer hangover, nasty turbulence, Motts fruit cup (pureed mush kind), two of those white bags in the seat back , handing full bags to FA on way out the door.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:39 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by purelywasted
Worst Flight: YVR-YDQ, killer hangover, nasty turbulence, Motts fruit cup (pureed mush kind), two of those white bags in the seat back , handing full bags to FA on way out the door.
Wait what, you handed the sick bags to a FA and they actually took them?
Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by jc94

Wait what, you handed the sick bags to a FA and they actually took them?
I don't think I gave her much of a choice, just kind of handed them to her on the way out the door, I was still looking kind of green.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA Bronze,ex-AC*SE,ex-AC*E,ex-AC*P, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, Fairmont Gold, HH Gold
Many moons ago when federal employees weren't supposed to have Aeroplan membership and Air Canada had First Class.

I was on my first trip as an Aeroplan member YOW-YYZ-LAX return, traveling with my boss. Wwe had full fare economy tickets which, in those days, gave an automatic upgrade to business!
On the return leg when we checked in we found the B747 had gone u/s and that a B767 had replaced it, check in tried to persuade us to route through MSP as there were too many passengers and not enough seats, we declined. Surprisingly both my boss and I were given Business class BPs, my boss's boss was flying back with us after a couple of weeks away and seated in Y. All was good until we were about to board, there was a call for Mr ex-egll to report to gate 27, there goes my upgrade thinks I. At the gate I was greeted with a smile and the words, Mister ex-egll, we are overbooked in Business, but one of the First Class passengers has not checked in, do you mind if we up-grade you to First? Reluctantly(!!) I accepted the offer. So now we have junior guy in First, boss in Business and Boss's boss way at the back! My one and only AC First trip with meat carved at the seat and all the trimmings.
Fiordland and jc94 like this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by purelywasted
I don't think I gave her much of a choice, just kind of handed them to her on the way out the door, I was still looking kind of green.
Interesting. My friend on the one occasion was given a look of loathing and told what do you expect me to do with it, or similar. He had to attempt to get into a washroom to drop it off first.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold
Was coming home from uni for (southern hemisphere) winter break on SYD-YVR in June 2013. A bit of smoke started to come from one of the lavatories just was we were passing Fiji; it wasn't anything alarming but as a precaution they landed at NAN as once you pass Fiji there's nothing for 6 hours until Hawaii. Ended up there for 2 days 1 night and got put up in the Westin Denarau Island with the crew. A great time was had by all - the FAs were sunbathing on the beach, the pilots went sailing, and I hit the breakfast buffet then the gym I don't know if the lavatory was actually fixed - it was one of the J lavs which was just taped off for the NAN-YVR leg and we were told to use the other two.

I always wanted to visit Fiji while living/studying in Australia so this was a good/free way to check that box! Also memorable on that trip was filling out a Fijian declaration card and answering the question "Do you have in your possession Holy Water?"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.