Gifts from SDs

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2018, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

5 Kit Kat and 4 Lindt chocolate bars
Old May 14, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: AC E50K *G - Amtrak SelectPlus
Originally Posted by Plumber

Got another gift from a SD on a recent TPAC flight... the tag is about4 inches long... very much appreciated.
Maybe they’re hoping you’ll wear it so they know to remove you before flight. 😆
Plumber likes this.
Old May 14, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
I'm not sure if it counts as a gift, but a recent Rouge flight the SD served up an entire J meal on my PR07 subsidized order.

Which begs the question of why they don't normally do that (at any price). Do they recover and reuse the salad and brownie?
Old May 14, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat

Got another gift from a SD on a recent TPAC flight... the tag is about4 inches long... very much appreciated.
Is the 'remove before flight' the tag that attaches to the pin on the emergency doors ? Was that a subtle hint ?
Plumber likes this.
Old May 14, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite

I wonder if Dr. Dao was wearing this on his United flight.
Plumber, jc94 and longtimeflyin like this.
Old May 14, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)

Clearly these are the tags you attach to any bags placed by Y pax in J bins. Or any other clearly unacceptable behaviour.
Or perhaps you can even put them on bare feet/toes in the cabin.

I'll take a dozen.
Plumber and mromalley like this.
Old May 14, 2018, 1:41 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by RangerNS
I'm not sure if it counts as a gift, but a recent Rouge flight the SD served up an entire J meal on my PR07 subsidized order.

Which begs the question of why they don't normally do that (at any price). Do they recover and reuse the salad and brownie?
I believe that on most flights, the main dishes are over-catered so that everyone up front can hopefully have their first choice. So what they're selling in the back is largely the meals that were not chosen by J pax.
Old May 14, 2018, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP

It looks good on my bag-- don't you think?? Lol
jc94 and musicmtl like this.
Old May 14, 2018, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
I wonder if Dr. Dao was wearing this on his United flight.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States
Old May 14, 2018, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I believe that on most flights, the main dishes are over-catered so that everyone up front can hopefully have their first choice. So what they're selling in the back is largely the meals that were not chosen by J pax.
Getting OT, but that does make sense. At least, to the next level of sense. I'd be fine if the "meal plate" in Y was always $5 more and came as the whole tray.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 7:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I just received this from the SD. Beautiful thank you note and pin.

It is I who should write the thank you note, as this SD and the service were just fantastic on the flight.

Last edited by 24left; Jun 3, 2018 at 7:23 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jun 3, 2018, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by 24left
I just received this from the SD. Beautiful thank you note and pin.

It is I who should write the thank you note, as this SD and the service were just fantastic on the flight.
I got a couple of those pins from a concierge. Are you going to wear the pin on flights going forward?
Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:13 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I got a couple of those pins from a concierge. Are you going to wear the pin on flights going forward?
I've been doing that for a little while and have run into an interesting issue.

Since I fly mostly long haul, my standard travelling garb includes the usual assortment of comfortable clothes and a navy-ish Bluffworks jacket/blazer with my AC roundel pin on the lapel. Once we get past the usual "Oh, do you work for the company?" banter, I surrender my jacket per usual and they nicely hang it in the closet.

But on at least three of my latest trips, on descent one of the FA s is either scurrying around the cabins with my jacket or I don't get my jacket until we've parked and are about to disembark. It turns out that the combination of my jacket and pin looks an awful like one of the AC uniforms when it's hanging in the closet, so they assume it's for one of the crew.

I get my jacket in the end but am beginning to have second thoughts about having a pin on that particular jacket. So, beware.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I've been doing that for a little while and have run into an interesting issue.

Since I fly mostly long haul, my standard travelling garb includes the usual assortment of comfortable clothes and a navy-ish Bluffworks jacket/blazer with my AC roundel pin on the lapel. Once we get past the usual "Oh, do you work for the company?" banter, I surrender my jacket per usual and they nicely hang it in the closet.

But on at least three of my latest trips, on descent one of the FA s is either scurrying around the cabins with my jacket or I don't get my jacket until we've parked and are about to disembark. It turns out that the combination of my jacket and pin looks an awful like one of the AC uniforms when it's hanging in the closet, so they assume it's for one of the crew.

I get my jacket in the end but am beginning to have second thoughts about having a pin on that particular jacket. So, beware.
I use Don Cherry's sartorial expert, so I won't run into the problems you've been having.
One of my suits has a Ben Smith face pattern on a red background. I look quite dapper in it; at least that's what my grandma says.
Bohemian1 and smallmj like this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:31 pm

Programs: AC SEMM

It looks good on my bag-- don't you think?? Lol
where/how did you get the approved bag tag? That’s what I’m jealous of!

thanks

visitor

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.