FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Olympian not happy with economy seating (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1895810-olympian-not-happy-economy-seating.html)

InTheAirGuy Feb 26, 2018 7:15 am

Olympian not happy with economy seating

i guess he doesn’t like the back

canopus27 Feb 26, 2018 7:17 am

Interesting that his Olympic status is actually noted on the file, and shows on the BP

ridefar Feb 26, 2018 7:18 am

Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy (Post 29460065)

Fortunately there is a super easy way to fix the problem (I bet AC would be very accommodating): pay for a PE or J ticket. Problem solved.

Orcair Feb 26, 2018 7:18 am

The op-ed in the Globe and Mail today about Canada's entitlement at the games is becoming more and more real... ugh.

jc94 Feb 26, 2018 7:18 am

Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy (Post 29460065)

So we’re saying AC should auto upgrade gold medal winners? Guess the guys short of eUps if he’s E75k, or dislikes the copay to J.

longtimeflyin Feb 26, 2018 7:19 am

If he doesn't like it he can pay to upgrade. He's an Olympic athlete, not a soldier who is returning from an active military conflict, or a veteran, or something that is also considered a "noble" profession. Yes, some of you may believe that Olympic athletes hold a noble profession or that Air Canada should have "stepped up" and upgraded all Olympic athletes because they are an official partner, but I suspect the eupgraders on this board would lose their collective cool if they were bumped.

rankourabu Feb 26, 2018 7:21 am

Cue the usual 10 people in the AC forum with what an entitled pax comments, and how if you want to fly J, pay for J.

Surprised a E75 doesnt get an exit row for free.

Also, Delta wouldn’t upgrade the gold-winning US curling team’s seats

rrgg Feb 26, 2018 7:26 am

Maybe he can go to a furniture store and complain that they won't give him a free mattress. Why do people think airlines should give away thousands of dollars as gifts?

24left Feb 26, 2018 7:27 am

Well, since I was on that AC 62 flight, I can tell you that there wasn't an empty seat in the house. The gate area was jammed, the pax crowd looked to include athletes, families, coaches, many media people based on their visible tags and jackets with logos. IMHO, J cabin was packed with people not normally seen on the average TPAC.

I would offer the opinion that there may have been limited options for seating based on the load for our flight and perhaps, his Olympic status may have been a ticket where there was blocked seating. Only AC knows how seat assignments were handed out.

irishguy28 Feb 26, 2018 7:28 am

Isn't the medal its own reward?

ridefar Feb 26, 2018 7:28 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 29460097)
Cue the usual 10 people in the AC forum with what an entitled pax comments, and how if you want to fly J, pay for J.

Surprised a E75 doesnt get an exit row for free.

Also:
https://nypost.com/2018/02/25/delta-...g-teams-seats/

He is probably (and I am just guessing) flying on a Tango fare, paid for by the COC, the Snowboarding federation, or sponsorship money. Which entitles him to bupkus.

24left Feb 26, 2018 7:30 am

Originally Posted by ridefar (Post 29460122)
He is probably (and I am just guessing) flying on a Tango fare, paid for by the COC, the Snowboarding federation, or sponsorship money. Which entitles him to bupkus.

Indeed, thus my hint in my post (9)

Adam Smith Feb 26, 2018 7:31 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 29460097)

On those flights, J is likely packed with people who actually paid there. What would you have AC do, kick out someone who actually paid for J so that this guy can sit there? What if the women's hockey team had won gold, would you have given them the entire J cabin?

Right, so AC isn't doing any worse than the US Olympic team's airline. But next you'll probably tell us how wonderful UA is and how they would have let all these nice Olympians fly in J.

Captain Canuck Feb 26, 2018 7:33 am

It might well be that there is simply no room in the front of the bus for an "Olym-up".... :)

Looking at AC 062 tomorrow, you cannot buy a PE or J seat (nor on 064 to YVR)

CC

Adam Smith Feb 26, 2018 7:35 am

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 29460117)
Well, since I was on that AC 62 flight, I can tell you that there wasn't an empty seat in the house.

Which AC62 were you on? It appears that he's in the air right now.....