Earn Your Wings (EYW) 2018 v7

Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:38 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by canopus27
I don't see any of those badges (Jerrie Mock or Silver Dart) awarded yet. And those come with points, and extra bonus points, don't they? Is there a chance that the standings can still shift?
Am or wrong, or have the Team badges still not posted? I should have one Jerrie Mock badge, plus the bonus, but I don't. :-(
--
13F
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:48 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Am or wrong, or have the Team badges still not posted? I should have one Jerrie Mock badge, plus the bonus, but I don't. :-(
--
13F
You must be wrong as AC have finalized everything and cant possible have made an error

I wonder if emails sent in now will be read. Perhaps do so, then chase on twitter if no response. They wait a while before actually awarding the extra points right.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: AC100k, AC3MM, IHG Spire, EK Platinum, UA Premier 1K
Miles deposited for leaderboard

Received my aeroplan miles for the contest.
Seat13F_AC_CRJ and canopus27 like this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: status-free
Originally Posted by Potter477
Received my aeroplan miles for the contest.
Yeah, I was surprised how fast my miles ended up in my aeroplan account.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm still confused over the tie. I should have several hundred wings more than my AB friend, but I can't find anything wrong with my count.
Then the problem must be with his?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:33 pm

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by philelite
Yea, i definitely owe them one!
I'm very grateful for the tie!!!
What an odd and somewhat abbreviated ending to this EYW..

A tie is always possible in any game like this, especially when folks are travelling together a lot, so I am not too put out by "losing" the additional points. And philelite (in addition to a pretty good track record) did have a pretty good excuse, as I recall dimly, for slacking off into 11th. (In Canada, don't we have parental leave that covers this kind of thing, anyways? So we're good.)

My only slight annoyance is that now I only have 1.95M Aeroplan miles and I will have to wait another month or maybe two to get to 2M for the first (and probably last) time.
Let the sympathy flow!
Old Aug 29, 2018, 4:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chriscol1
Then the problem must be with his?
Yeah it looks like he was given some Power of Three badges with zero partner transactions.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 4:20 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Yeah it looks like he was given some Power of Three badges with zero partner transactions.
I call for a recount your honour!

Maybe after philelite gets his miles.
smallmj likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:15 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Platinum, Cathay Pacific Gold, club carlson Gold, Le club Accor Platinum
isnt Air Canada a partner of Aeroplan ?
dtman85 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by supremekai

They are now. Just a few weeks ago they were sworn enemies
jc94 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by supremekai

​​​​​​I'm not sure about that, but I guess it really depends on what "three unique Aeroplan partner transactions" means.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
​​​​​​I'm not sure about that, but I guess it really depends on what "three unique Aeroplan partner transactions" means.
From what I can tell, the emphasis was on having three unique transactions - it was not on having transactions with three unique partners. Agree the wording was unclear, but those are the results I observed.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: AC SE100K/*G, Nexus
Originally Posted by canopus27
From what I can tell, the emphasis was on having three unique transactions - it was not on having transactions with three unique partners. Agree the wording was unclear, but those are the results I observed.
I agree, it seemed to be this interpretation that was applied.

I also noticed that I was credited with TWO transactions towards this badge each time I used my Aeroplan Visa at a partner (eg. Esso or Home Hardware): once when the item posted to my card's account as a pending transaction, and once when it posted as an actual charge. Shh, don't tell anyone.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum Elite
Has anyone in position 31-50 received their e-upgrades yet? Nothing been posted in my account. I'm also assuming that they expire 2/28/19 - does anyone know from previous EYW?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Originally Posted by kenlor
I agree, it seemed to be this interpretation that was applied.

I also noticed that I was credited with TWO transactions towards this badge each time I used my Aeroplan Visa at a partner (eg. Esso or Home Hardware): once when the item posted to my card's account as a pending transaction, and once when it posted as an actual charge. Shh, don't tell anyone.
Air Canada as well is a aeroplan partner so ever transaction with Air Canada also counted

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.