Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn Your Wings (EYW) 2018 v7

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by eywer2018
Am I the only one p*ssed that CanadianCow had advance knowledge about this contest and is now firmly in the top 10 -- along with his friend American Bovine and a few others? Why is AC letting someone cheat the rest of us our of top 10/30? Have others filed complaints?
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yes. .
Whoa. I am upset. I hurl expletives at you and the others.
Ok, so what if I am clueless as to the workings of EYW, and so what if I haven't even participated. The cow guy and his sparkly pants played a game and it looks like he is going to get a special badge out of it. It's awful.

Oh and the point of this? Will there be a celebration event if CC wins? Surely, this merits a special event in a MLL. There could be a poster erected in the MLL that read, Congratulations to CC on winning the coveted EYW contest., with him smiling and waving in his special contest outfit ( A cow onesie of course.) And as a form of greeting, attendees would loudly say eyw eyw, to which CC would reply Mooooo, and hopefully not pass wind.

BTW, does the winner get his/her picture in the Altitude Report, with chairman Calin, or is the person just relegated to posing with one of the AC drones?

PS: So what if someone played the game and won? The info he had access to was available to others as well and the fact that he was honest and revealed it speaks to a transparency, not a dishonesty, so pffft.
tinchote and canadiancow like this.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Rundosrun
May be the other way around. I think AC is thanking you/its EYW team for having it accomplish some of its purpose.
Hard to disagree (and I knew I was inviting exactly that correction when I wrote it), but I will defiantly stick with my version for now.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chriscol1
I reached a SE threshold today and would like to offer at least partial thanks to Earn Your Wings.
Today, I took my 95th flight of the year (a non-EYW flight on Brussels Airlines BRU-LHR)
And to think that I was not even sure at the beginning of the year how or whether I would get to SE status. Sigh.

Second in a series with one more to come next week.
I reached another SE threshold last week and wanted to thank Earn Your Wings again.
I flew my $20,000th dollar of the year. (which certainly is s sentence I never thought I would deliver ..in..my...life)
And finally, the third in the series.
I want to thank Earn Your Wings one more time - this time, it is a thanks to several years of Earn Your Wings (since 2014).
This morning, I checked my altitude dashboard and I have reached 1 million miles.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:00 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
This morning, I checked my altitude dashboard and I have reached 1 million miles.
Congratulations on your MM!

You are also three times tougher than I am doing 95 flights to get to 100K. I'll cross that threshold next week at 34 segments, and even that seems like a lot.

Last edited by Bohemian1; Jun 25, 2018 at 11:07 am
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Apologies if this has been previously addressed but this thread is so long and I could not concoct a suitable search.

T&Cs say "Participants will earn Wings and the Joy of Flying Badge for each takeoff and landing on their journey."

Surely then, for AC 34 SYD-YYZ I should get Wings etc for the intermediate landing and takeoff at YVR as well as for those at SYD and YYZ - did I miss something?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 3:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Geoflying
Apologies if this has been previously addressed but this thread is so long and I could not concoct a suitable search.

T&Cs say "Participants will earn Wings and the Joy of Flying Badge for each takeoff and landing on their journey."

Surely then, for AC 34 SYD-YYZ I should get Wings etc for the intermediate landing and takeoff at YVR as well as for those at SYD and YYZ - did I miss something?
It also technically says "The Promotion applies to all scheduled non-stop flights operated by...", so I really wouldn't push my luck if you received credit for YYZ-SYD. It's technically not eligible
canopus27 and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:52 am

Edit: Ignore this whole post. Some of the flights hadn't posted to EYW yet, and I was going off the data in the email, not the data on the EYW profile. Everything lines up.

I received an email this morning from someone questioning their badge count. I can confirm that AC's calculator is incorrectly tracking some globetrotter badges.

The logic for those badges hasn't changed since v1, so I really hope they just made a typo with an airport code (though that would indicate poor coding for other reasons I won't get into), and that it's not an issue with the underlying algorithm.

For the record, my score is accurate (in the sense that it is correct for the flights that have posted), so this does not affect every badge or every combination of airports or ever person. But it certainly affects at least one person in the top 10.

Last edited by canadiancow; Jun 26, 2018 at 2:45 pm
Old Jun 27, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
Done flying. Currently holding 10th place. Will wait and see what happens!
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
Anyone know for sure what the last day that's posted?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by philelite
Anyone know for sure what the last day that's posted?
I took an eligible flight on June 18th that has posted, and another one on June 24th that has not .... so it's somewhere in that window.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 4:57 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by canopus27
I took an eligible flight on June 18th that has posted, and another one on June 24th that has not .... so it's somewhere in that window.
June 23rd has not posted.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
June 22 HAS posted
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 7:27 pm

So 7 more days of flights. This is going to be close.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott - Titanium
I hope a couple of 25-30th flyers stopped flying 4 days ago.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 9:26 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dtman85
I hope a couple of 25-30th flyers stopped flying 4 days ago.
omg yesss

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.