Wiki Posts
Search

Earn Your Wings (EYW) 2018 v7

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2018, 2:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yvr76
I'm assuming that a majority of flyers did their bookings under the Comfort fare 2x AQM promo, so this should be interesting.

This is just for take-off and destination badges right? Not any other Challenge / Participation / Wing-Tips / Commuter badges?
Correct.

And the CO 100% AQM bonus was the other reason I booked everything already. Hard to pass that up.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Has anybody received the "Refresh and Recharge" badge or the "Up, Up, Away" badge?

Trying to see if I can earn these badges even when flying on my UFP....
Old Apr 23, 2018, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
Has anybody received the "Refresh and Recharge" badge or the "Up, Up, Away" badge?

Trying to see if I can earn these badges even when flying on my UFP....
I thought I saw something that the Refresh and Recharge wouldn't post for a while, but I can't find those terms now.

Up, Up, and Away is very much tied to specific flight segments, so I doubt a UFP will count.

I'm curious if my lounge entry on an Aeroplan ticket will count, since it's more tied to an Aeroplan number entering the MLL. But since there's still a flight segment associated with it, I'm not sure.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
In addition the lounge visits (which we know is delayed posting), the Up, Up, and Away Badge (for using eUps, etc.) has not been credited.
--
13F
Old Apr 23, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Correct.

And the CO 100% AQM bonus was the other reason I booked everything already. Hard to pass that up.
Out of curiosity how do you intend to mainly fly up front if you booked mainly CO? Large eUps or LMUs, sufficient number (eUps) available given many of your flights will likely be single cabin planes?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott - Titanium
I thought I saw something that the Refresh and Recharge wouldn't post for a while, but I can't find those terms now.
Found it.

"With the Refresh and Recharge and Up, Up and Away Badges, now’s your chance to earn more than just added comfort with flight upgrades and visits to the Maple Leaf Lounge. But please note that the first batches of both Badges will be awarded to your accounts on April 27."
Old Apr 23, 2018, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by jc94

Out of curiosity how do you intend to mainly fly up front if you booked mainly CO? Large eUps or LMUs, sufficient number (eUps) available given many of your flights will likely be single cabin planes?
There were a few EL fares when the price difference was negligible. I'm paid J on SFO-YYC, YYZ-YHZ, and YYZ-SFO.

I started the year with 110 eUps. Even if my traveling companion has to mooch off me for every flight (I'd like us to split it, but my 14 day window beats his 10 day window), I have enough to cover us both. There are entire days where we're only on a BEH.

Aside from a couple transcons (which need 16 credits for two people), it's mostly a random short flights like YEG-YVR that need 3 eUps each.

The CO eUp promotion certainly helps with this too.

So who thinks there's going to be a big fight over Refresh and Recharge?

"For the Refresh and Recharge Badge, should a participant fail to ensure that they are not successfully checked into the Maple Leaf Lounge at the time of their visit, they will not earn the Badge."

They need to remove the word "not" in that bolded section.

And I have no idea how to ensure this. I hand them my BP. They scan it. Does that mean I'm successfully checked in?
padraigincanada, traacs and jc94 like this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:56 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite

There are entire days where we're only on a BEH.
I think we are all flying the same route. I used to live these trips monthly for work so what a treat to be back in my backyard for EYW.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 4:34 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
So who thinks there's going to be a big fight over Refresh and Recharge?

"For the Refresh and Recharge Badge, should a participant fail to ensure that they are not successfully checked into the Maple Leaf Lounge at the time of their visit, they will not earn the Badge."

They need to remove the word "not" in that bolded section.

And I have no idea how to ensure this. I hand them my BP. They scan it. Does that mean I'm successfully checked in?
Yeah, this. I wish that the MLL staff had a stamp or sticker they could put on your BP, so that you could prove that you were there after the fact. This one is going to be a gong show...
Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:48 am
alc

Originally Posted by canopus27
Yeah, this. I wish that the MLL staff had a stamp or sticker they could put on your BP, so that you could prove that you were there after the fact. This one is going to be a gong show...
take a selfie holding the BP while inside the MLL that you are visiting and use that as your proof
Zeeflys likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by alc
take a selfie holding the BP while inside the MLL that you are visiting and use that as your proof
Oh ... I see a new thread on FT

That would be fun to watch, and would provide awesome proof about the daily progress
Zeeflys likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by canopus27
Oh ... I see a new thread on FT

That would be fun to watch, and would provide awesome proof about the daily progress
Don't forget a copy of the daily paper
canopus27 and smallmj like this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:42 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I figured out the Round-Trip Express Commuter Badge through some Tweeting and playing with their calculator. At least, I think so.

A-B and B-A forms a round trip. 5 of these pairs earns the badge.

It seems to be just segment based though.

A-B-C-A and A-C-B-A would count as 3 round trips.

Quite a lot of flights required for a measly 250 wings.
The round - trip express commuter badge is too much of a hassle for me to figure out, especially with nested round trips in PNRs etc. I'm not tracking them, and figure that whatever they give me I get.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:43 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Bumping this. Is no one else keen to get this badge?
You need to sign up for a mobile+ account on the Air Canada app and then link your Aeroplan #. I resisted it for the longest time since I couldn't bring myself to set up a second account. As it happens, the mobile+ app is pretty nice. It's the only place in the AC internets that shows all your bookings (flight pass, online, phone) all in one spot!
Old Apr 25, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hilton Diamond AC*75K
Power of three badge
Does it require 3 unique transactions or transactions from three unique (different) partners?
ie will 3 separate transactions at Esso get me the badge, or does it have to be Esso, Home Hardware, and Amazon?
If the latter, does that mean you would need to go to 30 different partners to get the max of 500?
Or perhaps like the flying badges if you had 10 Esso, 10 Home Hardware and 10 Amazon, you get the badge 10 times?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.