Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn Your Wings (EYW) 2018 v7

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Received badges and wings today. Up to April 11 but there are already take off and landings missing up to that date in the first posting.
Any one else?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
I have flights from April 10th which have posted on AE and Altitude, but not on EYW. Are there other datapoints out there to indicate average posting delay?
--
13F
Old Apr 17, 2018, 3:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
traacs likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Thanks CC
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:08 pm

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
I have flights from April 10th which have posted on AE and Altitude, but not on EYW. Are there other datapoints out there to indicate average posting delay?
--
13F
I have flights recorded in Aeroplan/Altitude on the 10th (with AQD) and 13th (without AQD as of now) - but not in EYW right now.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
--
13F
Same here. April 10. My flights were the new Comfort branded fare - so wondering/hoping that we didn't have a missed flight issue similar to the G fare issue with EYW6.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:10 pm

United Flights operated by Air Canada

Does anyone know if you have a connecting flight i.e. YYZ-ORD-PIT where the second flight is a United Airlines flight - whether this will count towards wings?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:18 pm

Married segments are eating me alive :/

Everything is S2. Until I combine them. Then it's U0. M time!

Originally Posted by ddemirel
Does anyone know if you have a connecting flight i.e. YYZ-ORD-PIT where the second flight is a United Airlines flight - whether this will count towards wings?
No it won't.

Edit:

The website broke a fare of mine (I knew it was happening when I booked). I called in to try to get it back together for a lower price, and the agent said "this is for the contest, right?".

I was talking about segments 7-12 on the PNR (longest layover from 1-12 is 69 minutes, so they're all connections), so it was fairly obviously an unusual booking. But I guess enough of us have been calling
Bohemian1 likes this.

Last edited by canadiancow; Apr 18, 2018 at 12:34 am
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: AC SE100K (*G), WJ G, DL, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by tracon
Your marketing director hasn't seen the video of AC execs talking about how much extra revenue they got from version 1 of this promo.
Yes AC's best customers are getting frustrated, but I see the same names year after year continuing to play.
Yep, that could be the shortsighted view. The bigger view is -- do our very best customers rave to others about us? build our base? promote us? This one doesn't.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Mozzarella
Same here. April 10. My flights were the new Comfort branded fare - so wondering/hoping that we didn't have a missed flight issue similar to the G fare issue with EYW6.
My missing flights from the 10th were also in Comfort (class?).
--
13F
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
It might be more than just Comfort that aren't posting.
I had flights flown on Apr 13, that posted to Aeroplan on Apr 16, and didn't post after today's refresh.
Booked in Latitude.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 4:58 pm

In case the embed doesn't work:

Originally Posted by @ACEarnWings
Attention EYW participants: There are some route changes to the game now in effect. YVR-YHZ has changed to YVR-YUL or YUL-YHZ // YXU-YYC is now YXU-YYZ // YYJ-YYT is now YYJ-YYZ. We're here to help by Twitter at @ACEarnWings or by e-mail at [email protected].
Unlike the YEG-YWG, this is actually more reasonable (and I'm glad they announced it). They replaced flights that don't exist with flights that do exist. This will bump up my wing count, but I'll need to update the cowculator to see how much.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:09 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott - Titanium
Upgrading Standard(Work Booking) to Flex fare is not eligible this year. I should have read the terms and conditions before spending x amounts of money. ☹
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
Originally Posted by dtman85
Upgrading Standard(Work Booking) to Flex fare is not eligible this year. I should have read the terms and conditions before spending x amounts of money. ☹
Are you sure? I've done this once in past EYW and it worked. My understanding of the T&C is you can't re-book a flight that was originally booked before the booking window, but I don't see where it says you can't upfare something? I'm also unsure how they would track this since it posts to Altitude as Flex?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:32 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by philelite
Are you sure? I've done this once in past EYW and it worked. My understanding of the T&C is you can't re-book a flight that was originally booked before the booking window, but I don't see where it says you can't upfare something? I'm also unsure how they would track this since it posts to Altitude as Flex?
I emailed them two weeks ago and got a response back today.

“Apologies on the wait for this response – I had to ask a higher-up for the answer. Unfortunately Standard fares are not eligible for the game, so the upgrade to Flex won't show up as points for this EYW. Do let us know if you have any other questions.”

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.