Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn Your Wings (EYW) 2018 v7

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Just booked a flight to YSJ to see mom and dad. Arriving very late at night so decided to rent a car and collect 300 wings but... the rental car link from ac booking page doesn't work. Tried the old-fashioned way and the Avis and Budget websites are both down.
--
13F
Old Apr 7, 2018, 3:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by traacs
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I don't understand the Round Trip Express Commuter Badge.
deleted
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I don't understand the Round Trip Express Commuter Badge.
deleted
Thanks for deleting. Never thought the definition of a round trip would be that complicated.
--
13F
Not sure what was deleted, but based on other promotions AC has done that had "round trips", there are questions.

Round-Trip Express Commuter Badge is worth 250 Wings, can be earned multiple times, and is collected when travel of any five combinations of the following round-trips is completed:

YVR–YYJ, YVR–SEA, YMM–YEG, YMM–YYC, YXE–YEG, YXE–YQR, YXE–YVR, YXE–YWG, YXE–YYC, YXE–YOW, YWG–YEG, YWG–YQR, YWG–YQT, YWG–YVR, YWG–YYC, YWG–YOW, YWG–YUL, YYT–YHZ, YUL–YYZ, YUL–YTZ
YXE-YEG-YWG-YXE

Based on past promotions, I could see that counting as 0, 1, or 1.5 round-trips. Some promotions consider a round-trip to be two one-way segments, regardless of whether they're the same (or opposite directions).

It's clear that a single PNR, YVR-YYJ-YVR, would count as a round trip.

But what if each segment is on its own PNR? Or what about YVR-YYJ-YYC-YYJ-YVR?
Old Apr 7, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium

Refresh and Recharge Badge link to information does not work

As mentioned before Wing Tips Canada
YYJ-YYT
YXU - YYC

no direct flights
Maybe YYZ-YYT? They're pretty quick on fixing stuff. I noticed that the Team badges started saying transborder (for domestic) about 24 hours after launch.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by yvr76
Maybe YYZ-YYT? They're pretty quick on fixing stuff. I noticed that the Team badges started saying transborder (for domestic) about 24 hours after launch.
I hope someone keeps us informed of any changes they make. I'm fine with corrections, but I'd like to know if a new city pair becomes useful.

Also, did anyone notice this?
Also, did anyone notice this?

My software's error handling caught that.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:21 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by yvr76
Yes, the 139 posts in this thread are great free debugging for the incompetent AC IT team.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:27 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by jc94

Yes, the 139 posts in this thread are great free debugging for the incompetent AC IT team.
Why pay for QA when you got FT "Lab Rats" doing it for free.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 10:44 pm

The 50% bonus all base-wings badge this year is kinda lame, eh?

I think the 100% AQM bonus on CO fares is going to be interesting. I wonder if I can hit 200k AQM this year
Old Apr 8, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by jc94

I believe its an incompetent outsourced marketing companies IT team.... Which requires integration with AC IT and AE IT. Its impressive they can bring up a static index.html in that context.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: AC SE100K (*G), WJ G, DL, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Hey CanadianCow, not sure I understand "100% AQM bonus on CO fares" but, very interested, of course! Can you tell me what a CO fare is and does everyone get a 100% bonus AQMs on it??
Old Apr 8, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by padraigincanada
Hey CanadianCow, not sure I understand "100% AQM bonus on CO fares" but, very interested, of course! Can you tell me what a CO fare is and does everyone get a 100% bonus AQMs on it??
See “Comfort” fare.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: SE 100K MM,UA Gold, Marriott Titanium,Hilton Diamond, Golden Circle Jade, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by padraigincanada
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ble-miles.html
Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: AC SE100K (*G), WJ G, DL, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Comfort 100% bonus

Holy Sh*t Thanks Scotch, I had not seen that.... rebooking a few flights now!
Old Apr 8, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
First, it has now reached my breaking point that they require 5 for the newly-named Go West badge (versus 4 or even 3 prior to that) . I need another go-to badge, but....
I am simply overwhelmed by all the various city-pair scenarios in this year's contest, so my (otherwise quite analytical) brain simply froze up when I was trying to figure it out.
Upon unfreezing, I have now reached the decision to apply a pretty simple rule to this year's contest , which is to focus on a single "Canadian Talent" badge combination - YXU + YHZ + YEG. This combination
actually ties in with my regular travel (2/3 weeks in 4) quite nicely - YXU is my home airport, YYC via YEG is a frequent destination and I can get enough YHZ to make it work (maybe even visit friends in YYJ if I get to the west coast.)
No way I get top 10 , but I still like my 25-30 chances.

Oh yeah, and if that gift card badge comes up again, I am not going to ignore it like last time.....
Old Apr 8, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
@ canadiancow Just read your very educational and entertaining EYWv6 Trip Log. Can't touch that! I already have three TATL business trips planned during the EYWv7 period (2 x 2 wks, 1 x 1 wk) and one 10-day trip to South America, which leaves only enough time to get re-aquainted with the wife and daughter in between turns. If I was to try to squeeze in even one weekend of EYW flying, the locks would be changed.
--
13F
Old Apr 9, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by chriscol1
I am simply overwhelmed by all the various city-pair scenarios in this year's contest, so my (otherwise quite analytical) brain simply froze up when I was trying to figure it out.
I agree. There are now so many ways to earn wings that it is a bit hard to figure it all out. Will the lounge, Wifi, eUp and AQD badges also apply on bookings made outside the EYW window but flown inside the contest dates?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.