Earn Your Wings (EYW) 2018 v7

Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:56 pm
alc

Originally Posted by JordanYVR
The EYW homepage is updated with a "?" badge. Looks like it is getting closer to launch (unfortunately after just booking a TATL & TPAC )
they also have another twitter post this past Monday. And look like a Spring run, so I might do it again
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JordanYVR
The EYW homepage is updated with a "?" badge. Looks like it is getting closer to launch (unfortunately after just booking a TATL & TPAC )
The ? has me spooked.
I am playing the waiting game. Sitting in YYC, but supposed to go to YVR tomorrow and then back east Saturday. As of now, I have no bookings whatsoever.
Hope I do not outsmart myself (timing this is clearly a mug's game and I know it), but I am going to wait until after 19;59ET tonight before booking.

I will need those flights if i want to finish 33rd,31st,29th,31st,29th,25th,29th 25th again.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by chriscol1
The ? has me spooked.
I am playing the waiting game. Sitting in YYC, but supposed to go to YVR tomorrow and then back east Saturday. As of now, I have no bookings whatsoever.
Hope I do not outsmart myself (timing this is clearly a mug's game and I know it), but I am going to wait until after 19;59ET tonight before booking.

I will need those flights if i want to finish 33rd,31st,29th,31st,29th,25th,29th 25th again.
Free cancellations within 24h of course
Old Mar 22, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jc94

Free cancellations within 24h of course
D'oh!
Yes, indeed.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 6:25 am
alc

From my Altitude Report email:

PACK YOUR BAGS: EARN YOUR WINGS 2018 IS COMING!Everyone’s favourite travel game is back, and this year there are new challenges, badges, and all-new ways to play to earn Bonus Aeroplan® Miles and even Altitude Qualifying Miles – not to mention some enviable travel bragging rights. Stay tuned: The countdown to takeoff on April 5, 2018, starts now.
YOWCDNFF and WesternCDN like this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by alc
From my Altitude Report email:

PACK YOUR BAGS: EARN YOUR WINGS 2018 IS COMING!Everyone’s favourite travel game is back, and this year there are new challenges, badges, and all-new ways to play to earn Bonus Aeroplan® Miles and even Altitude Qualifying Miles – not to mention some enviable travel bragging rights. Stay tuned: The countdown to takeoff on April 5, 2018, starts now.
Not really surprising. I did not expect them to start the new contest while both Spring Break (in parts of the country) and Easters are ensuring very healthy load factors. With Easter being so early this year, there is probably a soft spot between early April in Victoria day week-end and/or mid-June which is probably the period that EYW7 will be running.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 3:14 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Oh man.... If I only knew it was during that time frame lol.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: Altitude 50K, Hilton Honours, Marriott
Originally Posted by jc94
What so they’re now going to award wifi badges (and others) without people emailing and tweeting about it five times and still not getting them for months if at all?
I'm still waiting on that Wifi badge. I've given up!

Very surprised they're doing this so close to the last iteration. I wonder what their motive is here?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by blueandgold92
I'm still waiting on that Wifi badge. I've given up!

Very surprised they're doing this so close to the last iteration. I wonder what their motive is here?
Money
Seat13F_AC_CRJ and DrunkCargo like this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: status-free
Twitter this morning: "We're just one week away from the seventh edition of Earn Your Wings. Collect Badges and Wings for travel and prepare yourself for a new adventure . Get packed and ready to go – takeoff is right around the corner!"
Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'm looking forward to the team challenge.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
I will look forward to how this will impact EYW fare eligibility

AC changes to North American fares: introduces Comfort, renames Tango to Standard
Effective April 4, 2018, Air Canada will introduce comfort fares, positioned between Flex and Latitude, to its suite of economy fare brands available on North American markets. The introduction of this new fare brand follows the launch of Economy Basic on February 20, 2018, and will allow Air Canada to expand its suite of Fare Brands to offer its customers products that best meet their individual travel needs.

Given the ultra-low cost carrier and economy landscape, Air Canada has recognized the opportunity for additional economy fare options that allow customers to choose their travel experience while still benefitting from world-class Air Canada service at a competitive price point on select routes.

Further information on the new Comfort fare brand and its attributes will be communicated on April 4, 2018.

YOWCDNFF likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
My thought as well re: new fare brands. At least, they are introducing the new fares one day ahead of EYW. Maybe the better question is - could this all be related and part of the plan: Launch new fares and then offer EYW to make things go smoother... - Since many of us were speculating why EYW7 so quick after EYW6, this would be a fairly good reason...
Old Mar 28, 2018, 1:35 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
...Launch new fares and then offer EYW to make things go smoother...
Oh, you mean as smooth as last year's EYW? You may have some dissenters on this very forum.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Oh, you mean as smooth as last year's EYW? You may have some dissenters on this very forum.
So smooth it makes das hindenburg look like an on-time blimp landing
jc94 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.