FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Earn Your Wings (EYW) 2018 v7 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1895434-earn-your-wings-eyw-2018-v7.html)

chriscol1 Aug 20, 2018 10:51 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 30105584)
To be fair, 4 upgrades may not affect anything.
My 10 will let least get me 2000 miles though.

Agreed and confirmed - the 4 upgrades will not affect anything.
However, the issue may affect others (you?), so FYI here is a response I got from the team today which indicates that multi-segment upgrades on one-way trips do not qualify for each segment because credits were only used once (even though the upgrades were made successfully in the sense that I was upgraded for each segment). That is news to me, but my read of the rules does not provide much clarity on this. Anybody seen this?

My question was - why were the 4 remaining upgrades ineligible?

"Hi Blair,
No worries, apologies for the confusion - emails can be a tough way of communicating sometimes. Let me try again!
With the four upgrade, within the screenshots, you'll notice there were no credits associated with the upgrades, therefore, the upgrades were not made successfully.
I hope that is more clear.
Best regards,
the Earn Your Wings team / ym"

canadiancow Aug 20, 2018 12:49 pm

That doesn't make any sense, and I dispute their "logic"

canopus27 Aug 20, 2018 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 30106373)
That doesn't make any sense, and I dispute their "logic"

From the T's & C's:

Up, Up, and Away Badge

Treat yourself and earn an extra reward! When you use eUpgrade Credits, bid upgrades, or paid upgrades for eligible flights during the course of the game, you’ll not only enjoy all the extras that come with them, but you will also receive the Up, Up, and Away Badge worth 200 Wings. This badge can be collected at any time during the booking and travel periods of the game, and can be earned multiple times.
Interpreting here, but I suppose their focus is on when you use eUpgrade Credits .... ie, you'll get credit for each eUpgrade transaction, and not the number of upgraded segments.

chriscol1 Aug 20, 2018 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by canopus27 (Post 30106712)
Interpreting here, but I suppose their focus is on when you use eUpgrade Credits .... ie, you'll get credit for each eUpgrade transaction, and not the number of upgraded segments.

I think that is what they are saying, but it is a bit surprising to me, since the game is so segment-based.

chriscol1 Aug 20, 2018 2:28 pm

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...9f25807547.jpg

And, in their latest email to me a moment ago, they were very clear that this screenshot subset, as a specific example, represents one successful upgrade and one unsuccessful upgrade. I respectfully disagree, but the T&C wording is not supportive and I am not going to do any more about it, except I told them they might want to see a multi-segment upgrade actually being done in order to understand that it actually is two upgrades, not one.
Also, in the end, I think they just meant to use word ineligible, instead of unsuccessful.

canopus27 Aug 20, 2018 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by chriscol1 (Post 30106805)
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...9f25807547.jpg

And, in their latest email to me a moment ago, they were very clear that this screenshot subset, as a specific example, represents one successful upgrade and one unsuccessful upgrade. I respectfully disagree, but the T&C wording is not supportive and I am not going to do any more about it, except I told them they might want to see a multi-segment upgrade actually being done in order to understand that it actually is two upgrades, not one.
Also, in the end, I think they just meant to use word ineligible, instead of unsuccessful.

I'm desperately curious to learn which of the two green boxes, both containing the words "upgraded to business class", they think represents either an ineligible or unsuccessful upgrade.

kenlor Aug 20, 2018 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by canopus27 (Post 30106916)
I'm desperately curious to learn which of the two green boxes, both containing the words "upgraded to business class", they think represents either an ineligible or unsuccessful upgrade.

I'll bet it's the second one that is considered ineligible (YHZ-YOW), because the graphic doesn't show any credits "against" it. I don't think they actually know what the upgrade screens look like when the online upgrade process is followed.

canopus27 Aug 20, 2018 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by kenlor (Post 30106928)
I'll bet it's the second one that is considered ineligible (YHZ-YOW), because the graphic doesn't show any credits "against" it. I don't think they actually know what the upgrade screens look like when the online upgrade process is followed.

I agree but ... I wouldn't use either the word "ineligible" nor "unsuccessful" to describe any part of the transaction in question.

kenlor Aug 20, 2018 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by canopus27 (Post 30106974)
I agree but ... I wouldn't use either the word "ineligible" nor "unsuccessful" to describe any part of the transaction in question.

Agreed.

canopus27 Aug 20, 2018 3:24 pm

And .... the tie is back :)

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ae5162fbb8.png

kenlor Aug 20, 2018 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by canopus27 (Post 30107053)
And .... the tie is back :)

If it holds, there will be at least 8 not-too-happy people and 1 very happy one...

dtman85 Aug 20, 2018 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by kenlor (Post 30107078)
If it holds, there will be at least 8 not-too-happy people and 1 very happy one...

make that two :)

kenlor Aug 20, 2018 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by dtman85 (Post 30107085)

Oops, I missed that - I stand corrected! :)

canopus27 Aug 20, 2018 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by dtman85 (Post 30107085)

Are you still waiting for additional flights to credit?

dtman85 Aug 20, 2018 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by canopus27 (Post 30107138)
Are you still waiting for additional flights to credit?

Yes, I got confirmation today that they will credit my missing flights.