Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn Your Wings (EYW) 2018 v7

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
AmericanBovine and CanadianCow are neck and neck.

Coincidence?

I don't think so.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: status-free
Originally Posted by Cozmo456
Coincidence?
I don't think so.
Just yoking around.
smallmj likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Cozmo456

Coincidence?

I don't think so.
Interesting, I thought the Canadian one had some additional flights. He's showing 2550 ahead at the moment
Old Jun 19, 2018, 1:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jc94
Interesting, I thought the Canadian one had some additional flights. He's showing 2550 ahead at the moment
I think we both actually had an extra (separate) SFO-YYZ-SFO, but his hasn't credited.

We should be very close at the end. I have one more upgrade, and he has an extra lounge visit or two.
jc94 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 2:24 pm

Right now, 1&2 are a pair. 3&4 are a pair. 5&6 are a pair.

I feel like they could have done a more interesting "team challenge"
jc94 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 5:35 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Right now, 1&2 are a pair. 3&4 are a pair. 5&6 are a pair.

I feel like they could have done a more interesting "team challenge"
Nice to see so many couples with a love of flying taking part!!
YYC traveler likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:53 pm

Cheating

Am I the only one p*ssed that CanadianCow had advance knowledge about this contest and is now firmly in the top 10 -- along with his friend American Bovine and a few others? Why is AC letting someone cheat the rest of us our of top 10/30? Have others filed complaints?

Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by eywer2018
Am I the only one p*ssed that CanadianCow had advance knowledge about this contest and is now firmly in the top 10 -- along with his friend American Bovine and a few others? Why is AC letting someone cheat the rest of us our of top 10/30? Have others filed complaints?
AC made the badge info publicly available early and multiple people found it. Why exactly should CC or anyone else be punished for that?

I understand being mad, but it should be directed at AC IT (like usual) for once again botching a roll out.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 11:50 pm

Am I the only one p*ssed that CanadianCow had advance knowledge about this contest and is now firmly in the top 10 -- along with his friend American Bovine and a few others?
Yes.

Why is AC letting someone cheat the rest of us our of top 10/30?
You realize I've been in the top grouping of every single EYW that had a top grouping (i.e. 1,3,4,5,6,7)? All the other people I flew with or discussed EYW with have also placed in the top 10 at least once.

It's not like any of us were a dark horse.

If it makes you feel better, I didn't earn a single badge that I had any kind of advance knowledge of. The 100% AQM bonus was way too lucrative to book anything else later.

Have others filed complaints?
Not to my knowledge. Let me know how that turns out.

So let's see. I told you they were crappy. And then I earned 0 of them. That sure helped me win the game.

I'm not even sure what you're suggesting here. That I know where my friends are going to rank? After last year's photo of 7 of us in the YUL MLL, and 6 of us on an E75, I thought it was public knowledge that a bunch of us are friends, and fly together for EYW.

p.s. You missed the post where I mentioned the team challenge before it was announced.
supremekai, dtman85 and jc94 like this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I am just not seeing this issue. Since I started playing in 2014, the late badges have made very little difference. It does not matter who knows what and when, because you place in this contest by doing one thing, which is to fly .....a lot.

Also, you have to actively play this game, by which I mean you have to take the time to figure out the best routes, then book them and then you have to spend days and days flying those routes. The group of 7 (or various pairs, any way you want to look at it) do this better than anyone and , at least to me, it looks like they have a lot of fun doing it.

I could go on, but I am playing the game and I gotta go catch a flight ... or three.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite

jc94 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Fortunately there are relatively few trolls on FT. Mainly because of reactions like these

RCHHMP however...

Anyways, sections of entire thread indicated 100k wings to rank top 10, not far off though we aren’t done yet but anyone could have done the math and gotten 150k wings and probably guaranteed themselves a spot. Would it take a lot of time with a calculator and flying ... erm yes. But didn’t the cow team and others do both these things? Or perhaps we should punish the cow for writing code to make it easier, how dare he. Maybe he should be forced to make the tool public after bookings close to allow others to use it, oh wait... he did

The rules are clear. But do feel free to complain, I can’t wait to see ACs response if you get one.

Edit - Okay so the rules aren’t all that clear. That’s why we have 537 posts explaining many of them.

Last edited by jc94; Jun 20, 2018 at 8:05 pm
Old Jun 23, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chriscol1
I reached a SE threshold today and would like to offer at least partial thanks to Earn Your Wings.
Today, I took my 95th flight of the year (a non-EYW flight on Brussels Airlines BRU-LHR)
And to think that I was not even sure at the beginning of the year how or whether I would get to SE status. Sigh.
Second in a series with one more to come next week.
I reached another SE threshold last week and wanted to thank Earn Your Wings again.
I flew my $20,000th dollar of the year. (which certainly is s sentence I never thought I would deliver ..in..my...life)
Old Jun 23, 2018, 8:42 am

Also, I wanted to do a quick shout out to YVRFlyer.
It was good to run into you the other day and I enjoyed sharing notes (and, of course, talking about canadiancow behind his back is always fun - don't worry folks, it was all good - no trolls here).
Surprisingly, to me anyways, you are the first top player I have run into, but I look forward to others - as we proved on Thursday, even the odds of a random meeting are fairly good over time.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by chriscol1
Second in a series with one more to come next week.
I reached another SE threshold last week and wanted to thank Earn Your Wings again.
I flew my $20,000th dollar of the year. (which certainly is s sentence I never thought I would deliver ..in..my...life)

May be the other way around. I think AC is thanking you/its EYW team for having it accomplish some of its purpose.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.