Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn Your Wings (EYW) 2018 v7

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2018, 6:42 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
I think I know which concierge at YVR you spoke to, because my experience earlier in the year was similar. Other concierge agents at YVR are awesome though.

Hope everything went okay with your flights afterwards.
​​​​​​​
Originally Posted by padraigincanada
Feeling pretty frustrated:

Just landed in YVR. Doing a quick run to YYJ and then back through YVR to YEG.

Checked into the lounge with my boarding pass for outbound YVR-YYJ. Then asked her if she could print hard copies of 2 more boarding passes for me, and handed her my phone showing the digital boarding pass from the next booking, YYG-YVR-YEG.

She was VERY confused. Kept refusing to print YYJ YVR since “that’s what you just came in on.” I kept telling her it wasn’t what I came in on, I came from YYC. She couldn’t get it and eventually in a fit of frustration just printed the YYJ-YVR boarding pass and handed it to me. I went upstairs.

A while later I notice I have a voicemail — AT HOME — which I happened to notice because my system emails me when there is a voicemail. Most people would never have gotten the message at home. It was from YVR Concierge saying they just heard from the agent at the lounge that I am here and going to YEG “so, obviously you made your own way to YVR and we’re going to offload you from YYJ-YVR.” She left this message at my home in Winnipeg....

Thankfully I got the message, called her back, tried explaining it. She had both bookings in front of her but still couldn’t get her head around it. At one point she was saying “so we’ll cancel YEG”. “...?!? NO !!” The entire call I felt like I had to justify myself to her to prove she shouldn’t offload me.

It was an incredibly frustrating experience and I’m still not sure they’ll have a seat for me when I get to the gate.

If AC runs this “contest” every year and promotes stupid sh*t like this, WHY don’t the concierges understand? Or at least, listen carefully enough to understand. OR, know enough not to call a person’s home # when they’re in travel? (As an aside, there was confusion about an U/G in YYC and that concierge rang my cell phone, to reach me after he heard my question from the lounge agent...). Aaarrrgghhhh
Old May 5, 2018, 6:52 pm

Programs: AC SE100K (*G), WJ G, DL, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by YYT82
I think I know which concierge at YVR you spoke to, because my experience earlier in the year was similar. Other concierge agents at YVR are awesome though.

Hope everything went okay with your flights afterwards.

thanks YYT. Just boarded in YVR for YEG (the final leg) and there was no boarding error so looks like it all worked out in the end. And agreed on concierge at YVR - some of my most amazing concierge moments have been at YVR (and YWG)
Old May 7, 2018, 10:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
The Weekly Warrior Badge isn't looking to be that good either.
​​​​​​
Originally Posted by padraigincanada

ok you’ve piqued my curiosity. What’s the weekly warrior?
You'll find out May 7.
As promised...

The Weekly Warrior challenge badge arrives today, the perfect reward for the busy business traveller. Book seven (7) new segments between May 7 and May 11, 2018, for travel between May 7 and June 29, 2018, inclusively, and receive 1,000 Wings!
padraigincanada likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
​​​​​​

As promised...

The Weekly Warrior challenge badge arrives today, the perfect reward for the busy business traveller. Book seven (7) new segments between May 7 and May 11, 2018, for travel between May 7 and June 29, 2018, inclusively, and receive 1,000 Wings!
If you have already done all of your bookings, is this too late for you?
--
13F
Old May 7, 2018, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
If you have already done all of your bookings, is this too late for you?
--
13F
Well I can make more bookings. But we're talking about 1000 wings. This badge is worth... nothing
Old May 7, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Well I can make more bookings. But we're talking about 1000 wings. This badge is worth... nothing
I did hold back a few bookings, so 1 badge tops for me. I was really hoping for another chance at those gift cards, after my epic fail last time.
Old May 7, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Well that depends if you finish 11th or 31st short 950 wings really.
Old May 7, 2018, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by chriscol1
I did hold back a few bookings, so 1 badge tops for me. I was really hoping for another chance at those gift cards, after my epic fail last time.
Oh I didn't notice it could be earned multiple times. So it's worth 7k.

I'll stick with the 100% AQM bonus for CO fares.

Originally Posted by jc94
Well that depends if you finish 11th or 31st short 950 wings really.
True, of course.
Old May 7, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: status-free
May 2nd has posted. I'm surprised how accurate my stuff is... but then, I don't have much in the way of car rental bookings or other non-flying stuff. It'll be nice to start to see some points for lounge visits, though.
I had my first "I work at the airport" moment of this year's contest... check-in agent told me that it's "illegal" to check in for a flight the day before you fly.
canadiancow likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 8:57 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by biglinguist
May 2nd has posted. I'm surprised how accurate my stuff is... but then, I don't have much in the way of car rental bookings or other non-flying stuff. It'll be nice to start to see some points for lounge visits, though.
I had my first "I work at the airport" moment of this year's contest... check-in agent told me that it's "illegal" to check in for a flight the day before you fly.
Seriously? Don’t AC encourage people to check in online at t-24h the very definition of the day before?

There should be badges for being accused of things like that, and sabotage of course. Though that might give certain people an unfair advantage
canadiancow likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 9:13 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Although it can be earned 7 times. So if you book 7 * 7 segments that's 7000 wings.
Old May 7, 2018, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by biglinguist
I suspect this was an "at the airport" answer? I seem to recall having issues with this in the past, something like they can only check you in AT THAT AIRPORT 12 hours early ... unless it's a connecting flight, onward connections don't seem to apply - my record was over 48 hours in advance as a result of taking advantage of <24h stopover rules.
Old May 7, 2018, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by yvr76
Although it can be earned 7 times. So if you book 7 * 7 segments that's 7000 wings.
Yeah, I corrected myself a few posts up.

I still think I made the right choice by booking the double AQM though.
jc94 likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
...they can only check you in AT THAT AIRPORT 12 hours early ...
That's what I was told last week.

Some badges finally posted.
However I've been to Esso about a dozen times and Amazon twice and only one power of 3 badge has arrived.
No lounge badges have posted from the trip a week ago.
Old May 7, 2018, 10:51 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
I have yet to get a single lounge pass. Lots of flight issues due to a diverted flight (they rebooked me in a Standard fare from Latitude and other issues) and IRROPS flights showing up on altitude but not EYW. Sigh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.