Wiki Posts
Search

Earn Your Wings (EYW) 2018 v7

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2018, 1:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LesDorgo
I am doing YXU to YYJ start and end with YYZ and YVR as stops, i want to stop at YEG between YYZ and YVR. And I want to fly stand by to YEG as I booked comfort class.
That's not permitted.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:03 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
Flights booked. Ready to get takeoff roll..ing!
Old Apr 14, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: AC SE100K (*G), WJ G, DL, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by traacs

keep us posted on this I have already booked some flights on this route
Originally Posted by padraigincanada
and yet sometime in the last day they removed YEG-YWG from the Wing Tips badges. It was there April 5 and at least 2 or 3 days after -- I've been preparing several flights on that route. Last night I discovered it is no longer listed. I've DM'ed them on Twitter to ask what is going on (and to try to figure out if they've changed the rules after the fact on anything else without telling us....) .So frustrating.
3 days and still no response from Twitter DM -- 3 days fewer to get flights booked...
Old Apr 14, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
I had sent an email about the YEG-YWG issue. Here is there response I got yesterday.

Thank you for getting in touch and we are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues.

There was an oversight regarding route YEG-YWG as it was never meant to be included in the Wing Tips badge, thus it has since been removed.

Please send us a copy of your booking confirmation email (the email that you receive after making a booking - note that this is not the same as just your booking reference code) with route YEG-YWG so that we can investigate further and credit your badges accordingly. Be reassured, flights for YEG-YWG with a booking date prior to April 11, 2018 will be honoured.

Best regards,

the Earn Your Wings team / mh
Old Apr 14, 2018, 2:33 pm

Is there a faster way to look at the leaderboard?
Clicking the arrows doesn't change anything in the address bar.
I don't have enough IT skills to figure it out.

What I would like to do is look a couple hundred pages into the list with clicking ahead two pages at a time.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:27 pm

Okay their calculator has improved since I last tested it.

However, the cowculator says I deserve 35 Express Commuter badges, and EYW says I deserve 33. But they don't break it down by city, so I can't tell which ones I'm missing.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: AC SE100K (*G), WJ G, DL, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by SearsTower
I had sent an email about the YEG-YWG issue. Here is there response I got yesterday.

Thank you for getting in touch and we are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues.

There was an oversight regarding route YEG-YWG as it was never meant to be included in the Wing Tips badge, thus it has since been removed.

Please send us a copy of your booking confirmation email (the email that you receive after making a booking - note that this is not the same as just your booking reference code) with route YEG-YWG so that we can investigate further and credit your badges accordingly. Be reassured, flights for YEG-YWG with a booking date prior to April 11, 2018 will be honoured.

Best regards,

the Earn Your Wings team / mh
Thanks for the update!

So basically we have to go through all the badges, and all the rules, every day, before booking anything -- because AC is changing the rules and doesn't tell anyone. I've never been entirely sure what AC's goal is with EYW, other than a few extra legs from EYW competitors. Seems like a lot of work for not a lot of revenue. And then on top of that, they're managing to really anger a few of their very best customers. My undergrad marketing professor's head would popping off right about now....
traacs likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Thanks for the update!

So basically we have to go through all the badges, and all the rules, every day, before booking anything -- because AC is changing the rules and doesn't tell anyone. I've never been entirely sure what AC's goal is with EYW, other than a few extra legs from EYW competitors. Seems like a lot of work for not a lot of revenue. And then on top of that, they're managing to really anger a few of their very best customers. My undergrad marketing professor's head would popping off right about now....
The right thing to do is to have left it. now more work for the contestants in getting info to AC, and how many more changes have happened
padraigincanada likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
My first IRROPS of this edition! 95+% of my travel for EYWs has always been for work with some interesting routings. I was suppose to fly YYC-YYZ-YOW-YUL-ORD. I made it to YYZ, but now I rebooked on a direct to ORD. I would have pushed it, but there are hundreds waiting to get to YOW or YUL, so I guess my game is not quite as important. HBopefully the lost wings don’t cost me too much!

As for the rules changing, with respect to YEG-YWG, I have responded asking for a complete list of any rules changes and commented that this was not well communicated and could cause issues for them down the road.
traacs, canadiancow and Diabeetus like this.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 1:20 pm

Thanks for the update!

Your marketing director hasn't seen the video of AC execs talking about how much extra revenue they got from version 1 of this promo.
Yes AC's best customers are getting frustrated, but I see the same names year after year continuing to play.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Okay their calculator has improved since I last tested it.

However, the cowculator says I deserve 35 Express Commuter badges, and EYW says I deserve 33. But they don't break it down by city, so I can't tell which ones I'm missing.
Sounds like the Home Away from Home and Open Road badge experience for me last fall. Impossible to trace single items, so you may end up having to follow up all 35.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by chriscol1
Sounds like the Home Away from Home and Open Road badge experience for me last fall. Impossible to trace single items, so you may end up having to follow up all 35.
While I'm sure the cowculator (needs adding to that AC FT acronym thread) is more accurate than AC's ... are you 100% sure it's correct in awarding you 35?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hilton Diamond AC*75K
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but be careful making hotel bookings through Air Canada.
I just made a refundable reservation and phoned in to get my SPG number added, It turns out to be a 3rd party booking and is not eligible (officially) for any of my benefits or points.
Needless to say I cancelled it immediately.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by shawneve
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but be careful making hotel bookings through Air Canada.
I just made a refundable reservation and phoned in to get my SPG number added, It turns out to be a 3rd party booking and is not eligible (officially) for any of my benefits or points.
Needless to say I cancelled it immediately.
You may also pay more to book it through AC.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by jc94
While I'm sure the cowculator (needs adding to that AC FT acronym thread) is more accurate than AC's ... are you 100% sure it's correct in awarding you 35?
Mine match the cities listed in the terms. But this could be another YEG-YWG Wing Tip issue, where they're going to change the terms after I've booked.

The cowculator output looks like this:

Code:
 1 x   Express Commuter: SFO-YYC   points:    100
 1 x   Express Commuter: YHZ-YOW   points:    100
AC's calculator just says that I'll earn 33 Express Commuter badges. So it's very hard to compare and determine exactly where the difference is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.