Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn Your Wings (EYW) 2018 v7

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: AC SE100K (*G), WJ G, DL, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
You read that badge WAY differently than I do, but their response is odd.

I read it as: If you earn 3000 wings from the Team Silver Dart Badge (i.e. 10 of them), and Team Silver Dart wins, you get a bonus 1500 wings.
OMG that makes so much more sense. I can’t believe I read it the other way, I’m sure you must be right. But then WTH is up with the response from EYW? Oy.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:50 pm

Refresh & recharge badge.....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but YYT, YQB & YQR are kepyad entry and no one scans your boarding pass.
That means no wings at those lounges?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
They do scan your boarding pass in the YQB lounge.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 1:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
There is no MLL at YQB.

YQR scans your boarding pass.

​​​​​​Last time I was in YYT, it was a keypad, but I was under the impression they'd upgraded to YQR-style.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
Twitter post:
With the Refresh and Recharge and Up, Up and Away Badges, now’s your chance to earn more than just added comfort with flight upgrades and visits to the Maple Leaf Lounge. But please note that the first batches of both Badges will be awarded to your accounts on April 27.
I wonder why they are delaying the posting of these? I'm guessing the programmers missed it and they need to finish coding? :P
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum Elite
YQR is a scan of the boarding pass - it is automated though.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:19 am

YYT is scan on boarding pass
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:23 am

I was about 70% done pricing out my itinerary, and found a flight that only has Latitude available.

Back to the drawing board.

Edit: Nevermind. FOMO. YOLO.

Last edited by canadiancow; Apr 11, 2018 at 10:30 am
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I was about 70% done pricing out my itinerary, and found a flight that only has Latitude available.

Back to the drawing board.

Edit: Nevermind. FOMO. YOLO.
You almost cancelled your entire itinerary because one flight (segment?) only had latitude?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by jc94
You almost cancelled your entire itinerary because one flight (segment?) only had latitude?
No, I deleted that one flight from my schedule and reran my algorithm to generate a cheaper itinerary.

Unfortunately, it was significantly fewer wings, so I'll pay the extra money for LT.

The annoying thing is that LT earns 625 AQM (2 segments, each under 250 miles), while cheaper CO fares earn 1075 AQM.
jc94 likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
It was bound to end. My reign on page 1 of the leaderboard is over. Earning my first wings tomorrow (YOW-YUL-YSJ), and more on Saturday (YSJ-YHZ-YUL-?).
--
13F
Old Apr 11, 2018, 6:07 pm

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
No worries. We can enjoy 112th and 114th for now - our time will come......
Old Apr 11, 2018, 8:37 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM

Rest Up Badge

Sit back, relax, and earn the Rest Up badge (250 Wings) for every take off and every landing when you enjoy the benefits of flying in Premium Economy, Premium Rouge, or Business Class to any eligible North American airport on the Destination and Super Destination badge lists. Eligible booking classes are J,C,D,Z,P,O,E, and N.

Would the above mean that I would recieve 250 for taking off and another 250 for landing = 2 badges?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:51 pm

I'm having an interesting issue.

Some of my PNRs this year are such that I need my multi-city search to be:
A-B
B-A
A-B

There would be connections. But you can't search it, so I'm going to have to call in a few of these

Originally Posted by traacs

Rest Up Badge

Sit back, relax, and earn the Rest Up badge (250 Wings) for every take off and every landing when you enjoy the benefits of flying in Premium Economy, Premium Rouge, or Business Class to any eligible North American airport on the Destination and Super Destination badge lists. Eligible booking classes are J,C,D,Z,P,O,E, and N.

Would the above mean that I would recieve 250 for taking off and another 250 for landing = 2 badges?
Yes, same as last time. But only if both airports are on the (Super) Destination list.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:56 pm

Holy crap things are broken.

Best example... agent sees lowest fare class Q in system, but I can pull up T on AC.com. So she overrides.

He and she (yeah, HUCA) see lowest is full _Y_ on some segments. I can't pull it up online (or I'd just book it there), so I've booked days 1, 2, and 4 so far. 3 would be nice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.