Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Public Status Recognition Complaint

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2018, 12:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K

Saw this on Twitter:

Would love to know the full story.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 12:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Husband hasn't yet received 100K kit in the mail?He wants his card and b(r)ag tags.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 1:18 am

Early Recognition

Sometimes you arrive sooner than expected.
When you reach a higher 2018 Altitude status prior to October 15, 2018, you will be invited to choose your Select Privileges and will enjoy that status immediately for the rest of the benefit year. Early Recognition is offered as of Elite 35K status.

So this lady's husband isn't being recognized with an upgraded status per AC's policy of not doing so after October 15. I fail to see a case being made for any deviation from policy here.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Unfortunately twitter threads don't do well as hyperlinks here... so I've included it as a straight text.

https://twitter.com/mrssteak/status/966193369859919873

And to me, this is a non-story.

We all know instant recognition is already over by mid-December and thus status benefits do not technically (read: "technicality") get legitimately realized until March 1.
If they get their package before March 1, then great.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: Super Elite 100K
Well, at least now we know who wears the pants in the Steak household.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Unfortunately twitter threads don't do well as hyperlinks here... so I've included it as a straight text.

https://twitter.com/mrssteak/status/966193369859919873

And to me, this is a non-story.

We all know instant recognition is already over by mid-December and thus status benefits do not technically (read: "technicality") get legitimately realized until March 1.
If they get their package before March 1, then great.
Still waiting on my package and I also reached status sometime in mid December, but I was able to pick my privileges and the altitude website recognizes my status. I find it interesting that when AC tries to engage her on twitter she brushes them off. Must be more to the story than Mrs. Steak is telling us. Perhaps some flights that have not been counted? For example, I have sometimes had to wait months for flights on South African Airways to show up.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
If we had a thread every time someone complained at Air Canada / Altitude on Twitter ...
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
She also Tweets:

"@AirCanada and @ACAltitude that means 2 months of missing out on status rewards and privileges out of a 12 month period. That’s 16% of the year. What are you going to give in compensation for your negligence?"

But does not realize benefit year is from March 1- Feb 28....
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Plumber
She also Tweets:

"@AirCanada and @ACAltitude that means 2 months of missing out on status rewards and privileges out of a 12 month period. That’s 16% of the year. What are you going to give in compensation for your negligence?"

But does not realize benefit year is from March 1- Feb 28....
Clearly not worthy of SE. Now it must be taken away, and given to someone that knows how to use it.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
I want to respond to her on twitter... but she probably won't listen anyway.

I wonder if he hit AQD though... says they spent $25k on AC for the entire family in the past 8 months. How many AQD did her husband actually receive out of that $25k for the family?
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
The complains about Air Canada that get aired out on FT are heading for the realm of parody. I know people don't like AC, but... c'mon, people.
DaveObee likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
I want to respond to her on twitter... but she probably won't listen anyway.

I wonder if he hit AQD though... says they spent $25k on AC for the entire family in the past 8 months. How many AQD did her husband actually receive out of that $25k for the family?
Please do, and I mean that with sincerity.
Just point out the requirements and ask her if she actually met them, and then ask her if she will apologize if she is wrong.
Part of the problem AC has is that it just does not manage these claims effectively. It needs to point out some of the more relevant facts and let the facts speak for themselves. Instead, we get lots of pregnant pauses that then become miscarriages of opportunity.
trooper likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
Please do, and I mean that with sincerity.
Just point out the requirements and ask her if she actually met them, and then ask her if she will apologize if she is wrong.
Part of the problem AC has is that it just does not manage these claims effectively. It needs to point out some of the more relevant facts and let the facts speak for themselves. Instead, we get lots of pregnant pauses that then become miscarriages of opportunity.
If I do that though, I'll be considered an AC Apologist!
Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Hmm seems like a non-issue, with AC on this one.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
I qualified on Dec 15th. SE100K kit has not arrived, yet it is only one more week until March 1st. I am limping along with my 75K card and bagtags. Oh the ignominy of it all!
--
13F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.