Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada ranks dead last among large NA carriers for On-Time Performance, Again

Air Canada ranks dead last among large NA carriers for On-Time Performance, Again

Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:25 am
  #106  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ideally YOW, but probably not
Programs: AC SE*MM
Posts: 1,797
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Sounds like a great January excuse. Only AC has to deal with snow and cold. All the other airlines dont have snow/cold hubs... except not.
If you read upthread I am the last one making excuses for AC and their OTP. They're maximizing plane utilization (and hence $) over passengers with hold times and turn times that are completely unrealistic, especially in the winter.

I'm just expecting that the January numbers are going to be way worse; I saw a lot of boards full of red at YYZ over the last 4 weeks.
RatherBeInYOW is offline  
Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:59 am
  #107  
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: MEX/YVR/YYF
Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Posts: 5,033
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
I saw a lot of boards full of red at YYZ over the last 4 weeks.
This morning the YYZ International Arrivals board was easily half red, and I considered myself lucky to only arrive 2 hours late.
PointWeasel is offline  
Old Feb 1, 2019, 11:01 am
  #108  
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: MEX/YVR/YYF
Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Posts: 5,033
Originally Posted by 5mm
or I fly a lot more than you!
quite possible. although none of your fellow FTers will ever know as your profile is empty. quite mysterious.
PointWeasel is offline  
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:48 pm
  #109  
5mm
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 669
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
quite possible. although none of your fellow FTers will ever know as your profile is empty. quite mysterious.
5mm stands for the 5 plus million miles I have flown
5mm is offline  
Old Feb 7, 2019, 8:19 pm
  #110  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada
Programs: UA*1K MM
Posts: 23,231
January results are in, and AC is once again #1 in North America - destroying the competition coming in at 54% on time for the month.
It wasnt even close - although Westjet tried hard and came in at 70%

On a global scale - only EgyptAir beat AC ... maybe February they can bring it in under 50%


rankourabu is offline  
Old Jun 26, 2019, 1:51 pm
  #111  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: YVR
Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
Posts: 2,478
delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 28, 2020 at 3:08 pm
skybluesea is offline  
Old Jun 26, 2019, 9:19 pm
  #112  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: ord
Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
Posts: 365
Well at least they got it right AC is a 2* company
mellon is offline  
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:48 am
  #113  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada
Programs: UA*1K MM
Posts: 23,231
Originally Posted by skybluesea
Westjet comes in year over year at 77%

Way to go AC - at least 2/3 of your flights are on-time
its because of Canadian weather!!
rankourabu is offline  
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:52 am
  #114  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Posts: 650
Originally Posted by rankourabu
January results are in, and AC is once again #1 in North America - destroying the competition coming in at 54% on time for the month.
It wasnt even close - although Westjet tried hard and came in at 70%

On a global scale - only EgyptAir beat AC ... maybe February they can bring it in under 50%


AC: "Eh...we won't get 90% anyways, we'll aim for the lowest %, it's an easier target"
secretalcoholic is offline  
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:09 am
  #115  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: YYC
Programs: Air Canada SE100K, Westjet Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, NEXUS
Posts: 144
This thread has become another hate-on for AC. We should be discussing what we think the reasons are for these results rather than providing our standard sassy comments about how terrible AC is.

I am certain their abysmal OT performance vs the competition is being taken seriously by management, and I am also certain they know exactly what the reasons are for their on-time results better than we do. Unfortunately, we dont have this information, nor any knowledge about their plan to improve this metric.

I think it would be a more interesting thread if we shared our thoughts of what the actual reasons could be vs the standard complaining about the airline. Is it their computer system, are the flight schedules too tight, aircraft maintenance issues, not enough ground crews, etc? What is setting AC apart from the others in terms of OTP?
AC7E7 is offline  
Old Jun 27, 2019, 10:27 am
  #116  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: sqrt(-united states of apologist)
Programs: *$ Green
Posts: 5,402
Originally Posted by AC7E7
This thread has become another hate-on for AC. We should be discussing what we think the reasons are for these results rather than providing our standard sassy comments about how terrible AC is.

I am certain their abysmal OT performance vs the competition is being taken seriously by management, and I am also certain they know exactly what the reasons are for their on-time results better than we do. Unfortunately, we dont have this information, nor any knowledge about their plan to improve this metric.

I think it would be a more interesting thread if we shared our thoughts of what the actual reasons could be vs the standard complaining about the airline. Is it their computer system, are the flight schedules too tight, aircraft maintenance issues, not enough ground crews, etc? What is setting AC apart from the others in terms of OTP?
Welcome to FT.

Also, your post didn't provide any reason for AC's late OTP in your thread.
SparseFlyer is offline  
Old Jun 27, 2019, 10:28 am
  #117  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: YYC
Posts: 23,688
Originally Posted by 5mm
5mm stands for the 5 plus million miles I have flown
In the real world small m is milli, not mega. Which is cap M.
canadiancow likes this.
Stranger is offline  
Old Jun 27, 2019, 11:40 am
  #118  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: YYC
Programs: Air Canada SE100K, Westjet Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, NEXUS
Posts: 144
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Welcome to FT.

Also, your post didn't provide any reason for AC's late OTP in your thread.
Im pretty sure I provided a number possible causes in my response:
Is it their computer system, are the flight schedules too tight, aircraft maintenance issues, not enough ground crews, etc? What is setting AC apart from the others in terms of OTP?
AC7E7 is offline  
Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:19 pm
  #119  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada
Programs: UA*1K MM
Posts: 23,231
Originally Posted by AC7E7
I am certain their abysmal OT performance vs the competition is being taken seriously by management
For sure, how else would you explain the year-on-year improvement in this area in the last 3-4 years.
Oh wait....
KenHamer, skybluesea and Symmetre like this.
rankourabu is offline  
Old Jun 27, 2019, 1:43 pm
  #120  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: YYG
Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Posts: 2,948
Originally Posted by AC7E7
I am certain their abysmal OT performance vs the competition is being taken seriously by management ...
Speaking for myself only, I sincerely doubt that. Many, many years of dealing with AC strongly suggests otherwise.
skybluesea likes this.
Symmetre is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.