Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada ranks dead last among large NA carriers for On-Time Performance, Again

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada ranks dead last among large NA carriers for On-Time Performance, Again

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by 5mm
This is not a AC problem, but a YYZ operational problem. AC only orders the fuel. They can't control anything else. This problem happens at a lot of airports. It has personally happened to me at 20 plus airports on different airlines.
Originally Posted by m.y
Most flights in terminal 3 this morning are also delayed by 3 hours+
At least they didn't run out of deicing fluid like WN did at MDW last year . As much as we'd like to gripe about YYZ in general (and believe me there's a ton to gripe about that airport), dealing with winter is one area the airport does a pretty decent job in. Having dedicated deicing pads is a concept many modern airports have yet to grasp the importance of, resulting in deicing taking forever! Also I'd rather be stranded at YYZ than ORD. At least in the former there is a lounge with a shower

-James
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:42 am
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by m.y
Most flights in terminal 3 this morning are also delayed by 3 hours+
And? So? Are all the delays fueling issues? What are you trying to say about flight AC 1672? I was not talking about all of T3 flights, just answering OP question/statement of AC 1672 fueling issue.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:46 am
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by j2simpso
At least they didn't run out of deicing fluid like WN did at MDW last year

-James
Or be like YVR airport operations, when they forgot to order deicing fluid during a snowy weather in Vancouver a few years back.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by 5mm
Or be like YVR airport operations, when they forgot to order deicing fluid during a snowy weather in Vancouver a few years back.
It never snows in YVR and YYZ is open 24/7
Bohemian1, smallmj and 5mm like this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:12 am
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 5mm
And? So? Are all the delays fueling issues? What are you trying to say about flight AC 1672? I was not talking about all of T3 flights, just answering OP question/statement of AC 1672 fueling issue.
I was trying to add to your point that it's a YYZ issue, please calm down.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:28 am
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by m.y
I was trying to add to your point that it's a YYZ issue, please calm down.
So you are saying there is a fueling issue at YYZ today?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Back on topic - looks like AC once again led the pack in North America in December

Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Back on topic - looks like AC once again led the pack in North America in December.
As I sit here waiting for AC43, with AC42 that will be still in the air when 43 is supposed to be departing. The current posted delay seems to claim AC can turn around a 789 in DEL in less than 90 minutes, I am somehow unconvinced.

I can just imagine the numbers for January with the snow and cold. December was pretty mild.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by 5mm
It has personally happened to me at 20 plus airports on different airlines.
Those are bad odds.

I have only had it happen twice in my life, and both times it was AC-related in YUL and YVR.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
As I sit here waiting for AC43, with AC42 that will be still in the air when 43 is supposed to be departing. The current posted delay seems to claim AC can turn around a 789 in DEL in less than 90 minutes, I am somehow unconvinced.

I can just imagine the numbers for January with the snow and cold. December was pretty mild.
I won’t be surprised if AC can do it. Remember, they don’t need to clean plane. They don’t have to load all the meals or bags either.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: AC SE; SPG Platnium; HH G
Yes fuel problem at YYZ today

two hour wait on plane for fuel to be delivered this morning
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:56 pm
5mm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Those are bad odds.

I have only had it happen twice in my life, and both times it was AC-related in YUL and YVR.
or I fly a lot more than you!
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
Sounds like a great January excuse. Only AC has to deal with snow and cold. All the other airlines dont have snow/cold hubs... except not.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:48 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Sounds like a great January excuse. Only AC has to deal with snow and cold. All the other airlines dont have snow/cold hubs... except not.
Yeah, DEN and ORD have highly predictable warm, sunny weather every month. That must help explain why UA has 10% better OTP than laggard AC.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Yeah, DEN and ORD have highly predictable warm, sunny weather every month. That must help explain why UA has 10% better OTP than laggard AC.
And apparently there are typhoons and tropical storms frequently visiting YYZ too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.