Flight pass help: LHR-YOW routings

Old Feb 20, 2018, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Flight pass help: LHR-YOW routings

Flight passes show some unexpected routings in my experience, but now I am NOT seeing a flight which should be there.

LHR-YOW on 6-March
When searching using the flight pass tool, the latest departure from LHR is showing as AC 849 at 15:00 hrs.
When searching on AC.com, the latest departure from LHR is showing as AC 859 at 18:00 hrs.

Is there an arcane rule which is causing this? Is there any way to override (by calling in) to book the later departure? Thanks for the help.
--
13F
Old Feb 20, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Paging @canadiancow
Old Feb 20, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Is there an arcane rule which is causing this? Is there any way to override (by calling in) to book the later departure? Thanks for the help.
Are you on a Lat, Flex, PY or J FP?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
I have successfully phoned the SE line to book a flight that should have been offered on my FP but wasn't. In that case, it was a city pairing (YEG DFW) that didn't show on my NA FP.

It is possible that the booking class is in an oversell position, though. That would make it available on AC.com, but not on the FP.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 3:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
They've definitely played around with routing rules since I knew how it was implemented, but I don't know why you wouldn't get this.

I'd call in and ask. You're not asking for something unreasonable here.

Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
I have successfully phoned the SE line to book a flight that should have bee. Offered on my FP but wasn't.

It is possible that the booking class is in an oversell position, though. That would make it available on AC.com, but not on the FP.
That's not correct. FPs use the same inventory as AC.ca. If it's Y1 and you have a Y FP, it's almost certain that Y is overbooked, but you can definitely book it with a FP.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC .995 MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
It could be a connection issue. I have had numerous instances where a routing with a connection would not show up, or show "sold out", but when I looked at both segments individually, they were available. I have book a number of trips as individual segments because of this "issue" with the AC FP system, but this solution really only works with the UFP, since you would not care how many flight credits you use.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
Are you on a Lat, Flex, PY or J FP?
Purchased LAT fare.
--
13F
Old Feb 20, 2018, 9:53 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Purchased LAT fare.
--
13F
Op, did you call in? How did it turn out?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 10:12 pm

If your flight pass is for Latitude then you have access to any economy class seat so long as the routing is entirely on AC metal. If it was Flex then you would be limited to Flex fares or lower (i.e. Flex and Tango). From my experience the web tool usually works well 99% of the time. Once I had a SFO -> YYZ I was booking the day of that didn't appear on the FP website and had to call in to get it booked. Note: You may get bounced around a couple times before they find the right department - just tell them you're a FP customer and want to book a flight not listed on the site that's entirely on AC metal and is in the fare class your FP covers. Surprisingly this is the one area where I find AC treats their customers really well (I suppose dropping 10's of K on a pass has something to do with it).

FPs have never failed me - once the co-woker I was dropping off hadn't booked their flight on the pass so I parked my car at the departures drop off area at YYZ to get a ticket issued from the flight pass at the AC ticket desk. Told the security person I'm a travel agent and need to make an emergency booking for a client

Safe Travels,

James
Old Feb 21, 2018, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Flight passes show some unexpected routings in my experience, but now I am NOT seeing a flight which should be there.

LHR-YOW on 6-March
When searching using the flight pass tool, the latest departure from LHR is showing as AC 849 at 15:00 hrs.
When searching on AC.com, the latest departure from LHR is showing as AC 859 at 18:00 hrs.

--
13F
It's just showing these two flights when you look at the FP tool and the website?

There is usually a daily 9am (869), a noon, a 3pm, and a 6pm out of LHR to YYZ.

Also, do you not see 889? (I forgot if there was a one-off day where it doesn't operate in the schedule)
Old Feb 21, 2018, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
Op, did you call in? How did it turn out?
Not yet. I will call today.
--
13F
Old Feb 21, 2018, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad
It's just showing these two flights when you look at the FP tool and the website?

There is usually a daily 9am (869), a noon, a 3pm, and a 6pm out of LHR to YYZ.

Also, do you not see 889? (I forgot if there was a one-off day where it doesn't operate in the schedule)
There are multiple other flights showing on the FP tool (even routing via YYC or YVR to get to YOW!), but I am looking specifically for the 18:00 departure in order to fit in one more meeting.

Thanks for all of the helpful comments. I'll update later.
--
13F
Old Feb 21, 2018, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
There are multiple other flights showing on the FP tool (even routing via YYC or YVR to get to YOW!), but I am looking specifically for the 18:00 departure in order to fit in one more meeting.

Thanks for all of the helpful comments. I'll update later.
--
13F
YVR and YYC! Great way for AC to throw some more AQMs at you!
Old Feb 22, 2018, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Talking

Originally Posted by yyznomad
YVR and YYC! Great way for AC to throw some more AQMs at you!
I took full advantage of this in Dec. My final flights of the year (on a flight pass) were LHR-YVR-YOW to finish the year at 100,024 miles!
cedric and Yhztraveller like this.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 11:08 am
Original Poster

I called in. But before I called I did some research. As explained above, I would like to fly LHR-YOW via the last YYZ departure of the day out of LHR. When I seach on AC.com, I see the 18:00 departure on AC859 connecting to one of the last two daily YYZ-YOW flights. When using the flight pass booking tool, AC 859 at 18:00 does not show... for the period 5-9 March, but it does for both weekends on either side. I wondered if this was a Sat/Sun hitch, but it also shows for random weekdays further out.

First answer to my query was, "Well if you can't see it, then it is not bookable." I pressed the point. It is bookable on AC.com, there is Y space, etc.

After 15 mins on hold, the agent came back to say that it is bookable by telephone, "if that's what you want". He went on to say that he wasn't certain as to why it did not show but it could be because of the relatively long connection in YYZ.

I did a few more searches and discovered that on some of the unavailable days(but not every day) on the flight pass tool, the obvious connection (first flight YYZ-YOW after landing in YYZ) was not available, and the next flight was at 00:30 the next day.

End result, if you see an available all-AC itinerary on AC.com, you can call in to book it on your flight pass.
--
13F

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.