Air Canada snubs loyal customer

Old Feb 15, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by YEGSE_4Life
You lost me with your first sentence.
Originally Posted by ffsim
I'm glad I'm not the only one who stopped reading at that point, too.
You guys got that far? I would have thought the username would have alerted you to the quality of input to follow.
Originally Posted by 24left
Did you read post 12 and post 47 and a few of the corrections made by other posters in between?
If you did scroll back there, you'd see I pointed out it was Global.
The design of the forum is such that it's easier to post a reply on a given comment before scrolling through all the pages in the thread. Coupled with the temptation to react, it results in a lot of duplication, not to mention the additional thread congestion as people refer to their own posts that address the initial reaction. I would respectfully suggest not worrying about it, as there are a total of zero points awarded for being the first to point out an error.

Originally Posted by Stranger
she can obviously afford it
Originally Posted by jazzsax
So she can obviously afford to fly J if she spends hundreds of thousands of dollars on travel annually.
Obviously. Such airtight logic: "If a person spends X on travel, they can obviously afford to spend 3x X in a higher fare class". If I shop at President's Choice weekly, I can obviously afford to shop at Whole Foods. I drive a Toyota daily so I can obviously afford to operate a Rolls.

Despite the faulty logic, it may well be that our expectant heroine is indeed accustomed to the finer things in life. She appears to frequent such places as the Park Hyatt, Shangri-La and TenSpa. Being president of a company that hawks luxury goods generally results in luxury revenue streams.

Last edited by CZAMFlyer; Feb 15, 2018 at 9:40 am
Old Feb 15, 2018, 9:36 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
....The design of the forum is such that it's easier to post a reply on a given comment before scrolling through all the pages in the thread. Coupled with the temptation to react, it results in a lot of duplication, not to mention the additional thread congestion as people refer to their own posts that address the initial reaction. I would respectfully suggest not worrying about it, as there are a total of zero points awarded for being the first to point out an error.....
and thanks
Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Despite the faulty logic, it may well be that our expectant heroine is indeed accustomed to the finer things in life. She appears to frequent such places as the Park Hyatt, Shangri-La and TenSpa. Being president of a company that hawks luxury goods generally results in luxury revenue streams.
That was precisely my point. Except, I did not really want to spell out the detail.

Last edited by Stranger; Feb 15, 2018 at 11:36 am
Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: Back of the bus
Originally Posted by Stranger
Free for SEs?
Nope.

4 Pasess for SE. 3 for 75K. 2 for E.

One free enter the MLL to pee free pass for 35K.

P25 out of luck!
Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:35 am

I felt threatened yesterday on the way to YUL when the women across the aisle had to reach her luggage above my head. She had this blanket /scarf thing on and it wrapped around my head while opening the overhead. She then proceeded to lean down and I was lost in her scarf/blanket/appendages, oh the horror! My wife then invaded my space and smacked me. I initially thought about raising a fuss but luckily common sense kicked in.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Again, your faulty logic.

Going to the spa if you are the face of a fashion house/factory could well be considered a business expense. Ditto for the hotel. You think the executive chef of a $200/meal place eats caviar on his smoke break? You ever look in the employee parking lot of a Lexus dealership? Its Camry's at best.

Or she likes actually fancy food and actually luxury sleeping (for 8 hours) and DGAF about not very good food and something you can't sleep in anyway. And how many pregnant women you know are going to care about an open bar of JW Red?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by RangerNS
Again, your faulty logic.

Going to the spa if you are the face of a fashion house/factory could well be considered a business expense. Ditto for the hotel. You think the executive chef of a $200/meal place eats caviar on his smoke break? You ever look in the employee parking lot of a Lexus dealership? Its Camry's at best.

Or she likes actually fancy food and actually luxury sleeping (for 8 hours) and DGAF about not very good food and something you can't sleep in anyway. And how many pregnant women you know are going to care about an open bar of JW Red?
Your post is confusing. Did you read all of mine? Seems like you've not grasped my position. Do you disagree with my statement that just because a person/entity spends a given amount on travel each year, they can't necessarily afford a more expensive version of that travel?

Some thoughts: a business expense is still an expense, paid for by money. A Motel 6 just as much qualifies as the Waldorf. I'm not sure what connections are being made with the chef or the car dealership examples; could you clarify? I'm afraid I don't understand what you're trying to advocate, nor the relevance of the whiskey reference. And why is there an apostrophe in Camry's?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And why is there an apostrophe in Camry's?
Apostrophe inflation. He can afford them.
tcook052, ffsim, 24left and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA, AC
And why is there an apostrophe in Camry's?
Maybe it's the apostrophe that's missing from "Its". Two misspelled words in a four-word sentence
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:11 pm

Programs: AC, Bonvoy, HH
Originally Posted by drvannostren
Can you imagine if they had asked her to move to the back of the plane?
I think that would have been the optimal solution. If she had moved to the back instead of him, would that not have alleviated her concerns about using the bathroom?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:31 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by laidback71
I think that would have been the optimal solution. If she had moved to the back instead of him, would that not have alleviated her concerns about using the bathroom?
Only if he was permitted to use the J lav.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 9:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
wow, the lady is 8 month pregnant and it seems like the FA's were making the situation worse! UGH usually its just AC ground staff that are hopeless sad to see the incompetence is spreading.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: AC: E75K, Marriott :Titanium, National: EXEC ELITE
Is Global becoming the new CBC? This is the 2nd Global story today that I'm commenting on, and asking "Is this really news?".

The passenger expressed her concerns, the crew acted more than appropriately, and moved the passenger. But she needs to run and cry to the news about what might have happened? I gave a dirty look to someone on a Q400 yesterday who clipped me with their way oversize backpack walking by. Should I expect to see myself on the news tonight?

These things are getting out of hand, and the level of irresponsible journalism is at an all time high.

Also, this passenger should absolutely, 100%, move all her business to WS, and never, ever, come back.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:23 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by VoodooYYC
Is Global becoming the new CBC? This is the 2nd Global story today that I'm commenting on, and asking "Is this really news?".......
CBC is busy with the Olympics. 45 cents plus GST says Global is bored and perhaps saw an opportunity to make some non-newsy news.

.....I gave a dirty look to someone on a Q400 yesterday who clipped me with their way oversize backpack walking by. Should I expect to see myself on the news tonight?......
Depends on the size of the backpack.

.......Also, this passenger should absolutely, 100%, move all her business to WS, and never, ever, come back.
For a brief second, I imagined the hilarity of AC inviting unhappy pax to a 15% promo code.....for use on WS.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: AC: E75K, Marriott :Titanium, National: EXEC ELITE
Originally Posted by 24left
For a brief second, I imagined the hilarity of AC inviting unhappy pax to a 15% promo code.....for use on WS.
This, this, a million times this...

"We are sorry for your inconvenience and as a gesture of goodwill, we are pleased to offer you a one-time saving of 10% off your next flight, for which we couldn't recommend the in-flight hilarity and just folksy charm of WestJet Airlines highly enough. We hope that this offer provides us the opportunity to never see you onboard an Air Canada flight again."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.