Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Connection time from Intl to Domestic at YYZ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connection time from Intl to Domestic at YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
T1-T1 is very different from T3-T1 (what the OP was taking about) though.
You are correct. I have only ever flown AC in and out of YYZ so I have no knowledge on switching terminals. I did miss that important detail!
Old Feb 12, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: AC, US, AA, UA, BA, QF, DL...
Originally Posted by Plumber
No bus- I re-cleared Security at the 2nd level Connections Security.
What bus is this? Have I missed something new?
Old Feb 12, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by Arcanum
What bus is this? Have I missed something new?
If you are arriving in YYZ from the US, just before the down escalators to Immigration, there is a US to Domestic immigration area that allows you into the Domestic departure area without going through Security again....but after Immigration, you need to take a bus to the Domestic area.... I have heard it is slow as the bus is not too frequent. But i have never taken it to that is hearsay!
Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:35 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Plumber
If you are arriving in YYZ from the US, just before the down escalators to Immigration, there is a US to Domestic immigration area that allows you into the Domestic departure area without going through Security again....but after Immigration, you need to take a bus to the Domestic area.... I have heard it is slow as the bus is not too frequent. But i have never taken it to that is hearsay!
Certain European airports are also eligible for OSS.

OSS can be significantly quicker of there's no line at customs (no NEXUS machines) and you do don't wait too long for the bus. If you wait for customs and sit on the bus for a while, it can be kind of a toss-up.

OSS thread is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/canada/1750295-oss-one-stop-security-initiative.html
Old Feb 12, 2018, 2:33 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
The sign at the moment only references as US to Canada connections. Perhaps that will change in the future - also hoping they figure out a non-bus way of doing this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: AC, US, AA, UA, BA, QF, DL...

OSS can be significantly quicker of there's no line at customs (no NEXUS machines) and you do don't wait too long for the bus. If you wait for customs and sit on the bus for a while, it can be kind of a toss-up.

OSS thread is here: OSS, One Stop Security Initiative
Thanks for the info. I'd never heard of this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by D582
The sign at the moment only references as US to Canada connections. Perhaps that will change in the future - also hoping they figure out a non-bus way of doing this.
Someone has to be looking at it. The buses and security goons are hardly free.

On the other hand, I know that revamping a pair of washrooms in YHZ is budgeted at over a million dollars, so a set of doors and stairs in Toronto has to be in the billions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.