Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-paid Voucher Issues

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2018, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 100K, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Marriott/SPG (Bonvoy?) Gold Elite/HHonors Gold
Pre-paid Voucher Issues

Bought the on board vouchers for the family - online it says good for value of up to $16.46, but the last few flights the f/a’s Indicated it only covered up to $11.00.

Normally I don’t care to prebuy them, but needed to use up a few AC g/c’s.

Anyone else have this issue?

Didnt feel like pushing for the extra $$ today, but was thinking of following up on this.

i realize the pre-paid vouchers only cost $7.50, but I would rather pay $10.00up front instead of having to shell out extra $$ on board for what the family wants.

interested to know if anyone else has brought this up.

cheers.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 8:33 pm

Programs: *$ Green
It depends what you get.

I believe it says that the voucher covers 1 meal section item and 1 snack item. If you take the most expensive of each, it adds up to that "up to" amount.

However, if you don't use it for one of the preset item combinations, you only get a flat value discount, which I use to get a J tray. $11 appears to be about right.

I usually do it because I know I will buy something in Y anyway, and they come see you before they run out of stuff (won't help if flight is full of PR/LT07 though).
Old Feb 11, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
@SparseFlyer sounds right. I'm maybe 50/50 on them coming to me first with the voucher.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 100K, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Marriott/SPG (Bonvoy?) Gold Elite/HHonors Gold
Ok thanks for the replies.

i wasn’t sure where the discrepancy was but makes sense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.