Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC 007 delayed 4 and half hours YVR - HKG 06Feb18

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 12:05 pm
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond

Just arrived in YVR from Montreal, where a concierge was waiting for me at the gate.
She informed me that flight 007 had a 4 and half hour delay and that it would now leave at 4:25 pm... I can forget my dinner in Hong Kong...
She told me that they had issues with aircrafts availability since the Sydney diversion to Honolulu a few days ago...
Anyone else on this flight, so I can at least share my $15 meal voucher with and kill the 6 hour wait time?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 12:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by jsfrSE
Just arrived in YVR from Montreal, where a concierge was waiting for me at the gate.
She informed me that flight 007 had a 4 and half hour delay and that it would now leave at 4:25 pm... I can forget my dinner in Hong Kong...
She told me that they had issues with aircrafts availability since the Sydney diversion to Honolulu a few days ago...
Anyone else on this flight, so I can at least share my $15 meal voucher with and kill the 6 hour wait time?
Aw, that's so nice of you.
I'd skip dinner. $15can get you a couple of really nice Victoria Creams at Rogers Chocolates....in domestic departures.
Thanks for the reminder to find out where my TPAC bird is. If she's going to be delayed somewhere, perhaps I can make some other meal arrangements.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 24left
I'd skip dinner. $15can get you a couple of really nice Victoria Creams at Rogers Chocolates....in domestic departures.
Thanks for the reminder to find out where my TPAC bird is. If she's going to be delayed somewhere, perhaps I can make some other meal arrangements.
Thanks AC 15 is also delayed.... A messy day.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
I had that once back in '09

It was a fantastic unexpected holiday-day
Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Flight 007

Easy to remember.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Flight 007

Easy to remember.
Indeed a classic!
Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 24left
Followed your advice, got some chocolates for my sweetheart
Now in the lounge, the chef has prepared a nice teriyaki chicken. And there is some nice pizza slices.
This with a bit of Cabernet, should ease the wait.

Last edited by jsfrSE; Feb 7, 2018 at 2:30 pm
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
Originally Posted by lcohen999
I had that once back in '09

It was a fantastic unexpected holiday-day
Back in '06 you had to stop in HNL every day on AC128 before the delivery of the 777
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:14 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
007 is never late. 007 arrives exactly when he means to arrive.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

Followed your advice, got some chocolates for my sweetheart ....

@jsfrSE
Excellent. Glad I could help.

Now in the lounge, the chef has prepared a nice teriyaki chicken. And there is some nice pizza slices.
This with a bit of Cabenet, should ease the wait.
Yum, enjoy and safe travels!
Old Feb 7, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold

Followed your advice, got some chocolates for my sweetheart
This with a bit of Cabernet, should ease the wait.
The new lounge is def an upgrade on the previous one, I just went in there for the first time since they opened the bottom floor.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drvannostren
The new lounge is def an upgrade on the previous one, I just went in there for the first time since they opened the bottom floor.
Indeed. From what the concierges told me, they still haven't finalized plans for the second floor, as a possible Signature Suite. This space used to belong to Cathay Pacific, before they open over a year ago their new First and Business class lounge.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
The Asian routes have been showing noticeably poor OTP results since December and are subject to late departures and late arrivals that once they start, continue for 3 days. This tells me that the airline is incapable of supporting the routes and frequencies it offers. It just doesn't have a sufficient number of aircraft and crews available to fill in the ongoing weather and mechanical disruptions. The weather hasn't been that bad at YVR for these flights, but the inbound equipment has managed to consistently arrive late.

Because of the turnaround times on the equipment, if the inbound is late, then the outbound will most likely also be late.There isn't enough time between flights or a buffer aircraft to cover for the delays. AC7 is illustrates this. Over the last month and a bit, the flight is late about 25 minutes to 90 minutes 70% of the time. For delays of 2-3 hours it hits 12% and 12.5% for delays of 4 hours or more.
That is not very good.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
The Asian routes have been showing noticeably poor OTP results since December and are subject to late departures and late arrivals that once they start, continue for 3 days. This tells me that the airline is incapable of supporting the routes and frequencies it offers. It just doesn't have a sufficient number of aircraft and crews available to fill in the ongoing weather and mechanical disruptions. The weather hasn't been that bad at YVR for these flights, but the inbound equipment has managed to consistently arrive late.

Because of the turnaround times on the equipment, if the inbound is late, then the outbound will most likely also be late.There isn't enough time between flights or a buffer aircraft to cover for the delays. AC7 is illustrates this. Over the last month and a bit, the flight is late about 25 minutes to 90 minutes 70% of the time. For delays of 2-3 hours it hits 12% and 12.5% for delays of 4 hours or more.
That is not very good.
That's somewhat surprising, since there is definitely slack in the schedule.

A few weeks ago, when I got to the SS, I asked the concierge what the status of my inbound was (it was T-5). It was already on the ground in YYZ.

And while I understand not EVERY flight is going to have 5 hours available to make up time, this meant that there was a significant window where a 789 was available, if necessary.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer

That is not very good.
Ignore the diversion this week, I'm wondering how much is related to the painting. That's puts their spare capacity in a hanger instead of being available for IRROPs.
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.