Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Why You Encounter Errors on (the) Aeroplan Website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:57 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

Hmmm.

Why You Encounter Errors on Aeroplan Website - Live and Let's Fly

Mods - please merge/move this post to the relevant Aeroplan-related thread
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: TK *G
Thanks for posting. I have been looking for website that systematically explains fare basis, ticketing, etc, for a long time. Now I found one
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I've been able to call in and have things booked manually when this occurs, since I am actually booking both segments.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:06 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I've been able to call in and have things booked manually when this occurs, since I am actually booking both segments.

Yeah, me too. So it seems this is likely more a website issue.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 4:16 pm

There are some errors you encounter that actually work in your favour...
Old Jan 30, 2018, 4:29 pm

Error calculating taxes

i discovered one a few weeks ago. Business class redemption to Europe involving a child fare results in “error in calculating taxes”. No remedy is suggested. Just a stop and go directly to jail error.

Final remedy was to just book it as 3 adult tickets. Go figure. This after two calls to Aeroplan Center, one of which was a ridiculous suggestion to book utilizing “private mode” in browser.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 4:34 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by millwoods4life
i discovered one a few weeks ago. Business class redemption to Europe involving a child fare results in “error in calculating taxes”. No remedy is suggested. Just a stop and go directly to jail error.

Final remedy was to just book it as 3 adult tickets. Go figure. This after two calls to Aeroplan Center, one of which was a ridiculous suggestion to book utilizing “private mode” in browser.
I was having trouble with a non AP website and was told to try using Chrome. When I pointed out I was he suggest I use Internet Explorer. I requested he transfer my call at this point.

Incognito fixes many AC site issues however.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 4:54 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by jc94

Incognito fixes many AC site issues however.
Agreed. For some reason IE doesn't run very well on my Mac ...
Old Jan 30, 2018, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Agreed. For some reason IE doesn't run very well
Fixed by trimming your quote
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by millwoods4life

I don't know - seems to me ticketing children as adults is not the best workaround. The details evade my recollection but at some point in the past year, we had a whole thread about some party of travellers that got separated in IRROPS and stranding a minor separately from the adults, due to adult ticketing. Anyone else recall what it was specifically?
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:45 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
I like this part;
It seems to me this is a technical limitation Aeroplan could fix if it wanted to. But this problem has been going on for years,
If true, then the answer is bad faith operations that Aeroplan can get away with because there are no regulations that control this type of activity.
And that is why, I along with tens of thousands of other Aeroplan members will welcome the Air Canada FF program and will cheer the demise of Aeroplan.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by flyquiet
I don't know - seems to me ticketing children as adults is not the best workaround. The details evade my recollection but at some point in the past year, we had a whole thread about some party of travellers that got separated in IRROPS and stranding a minor separately from the adults, due to adult ticketing. Anyone else recall what it was specifically?
For the record it wasn’t my solution. It was what was advised by Aeroplan help desk. This being said we are 2 adults and 1 child. Hopefully we’ll be able to manage for the majority of strange combinations they throw at us (ie. wife travels with daughter, I head back alone).
flyquiet likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyquiet
Quite correct of course. But in that instance, they had managed to get the kid by himself on his own file, making him a prime candidate for getting bumped.

If you have three people on the same file, might not be such a major issue? Not that Aeroplan should not fix the issue. But OTOH, they probalby no longer can afford to fix anything anyway so what's the point of expecting much from them?
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:14 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
I like this part;
It seems to me this is a technical limitation Aeroplan could fix if it wanted to. But this problem has been going on for years,
If true, then the answer is bad faith operations that Aeroplan can get away with because there are no regulations that control this type of activity.

And that is why, I along with tens of thousands of other Aeroplan members will welcome the Air Canada FF program and will cheer the demise of Aeroplan.
Really?

Given Air Canada's IT do you think it will actually be any better?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by KenHamer
Really?

Given Air Canada's IT do you think it will actually be any better?
We can hope. Personally I don’t have much faith but at least they won’t be able to blame AE any more. Unless they go with it’s their fault for doing it previously, which is likely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.