Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC to UK LHR Terminal 2 (Lounges, Luggage, etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond

Hi everyone,

Not entirely sure where to post this but I am flying Air Canada so I'll start here (Mods, feel free to move if appropriate.)

I'm flying direct from YYC to LHR in early Feb. I'm supposed to meet up with co-workers who are flying on other AC flights to London when we land. I land around 10am local, (others from 9am through to 11am). We agreed to meet at the T2 MLL. So here's my questions:

- I assume I have access to T2 MLL upon arrival? (I'm SE100, traveling on premium economy) - any additional fees?
- If I check luggage, how do I retrieve my luggage without leaving the secure area of the terminal? (Or should I just do carry-on only and don't worry about it?) This is a 4-5 day business trip so all business suits -- my preference is to check some of my clothes while carrying what I need to change into at the MLL on the Monday when I arrive.

Thoughts?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
You won't have access to the LHR MLL after landing. MLL access on arrival is limited to the domestic (Canadian) lounges. Not sure if you can even access the departures area of LHR T2 without a valid boarding pass...
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Cerberus
Hi everyone,

Not entirely sure where to post this but I am flying Air Canada so I'll start here (Mods, feel free to move if appropriate.)

I'm flying direct from YYC to LHR in early Feb. I'm supposed to meet up with co-workers who are flying on other AC flights to London when we land. I land around 10am local, (others from 9am through to 11am). We agreed to meet at the T2 MLL. So here's my questions:

- I assume I have access to T2 MLL upon arrival? (I'm SE100, traveling on premium economy) - any additional fees?
- If I check luggage, how do I retrieve my luggage without leaving the secure area of the terminal? (Or should I just do carry-on only and don't worry about it?) This is a 4-5 day business trip so all business suits -- my preference is to check some of my clothes while carrying what I need to change into at the MLL on the Monday when I arrive.

Thoughts?
are you connecting onto another flight out of LHR the same day you land?

if not, you definitely don't have access to the T2 departures MLL

but you, as an SE traveling in any cabin have access to the UA arrivals MLL in T2. No guests allowed though.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Are you sure?

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...-heathrow.html

This tells me I'm landing and arriving in T2. MLL is in T2 and also indicates that arrivals by AC can use it. Is this your experience?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: AC E35k, HHonors Silver
Hi everyone,

Thoughts?
Are you travelling onwards from LHR or is London your final destination? If you are connecting with another star alliance carrier then I guess you can meet in the MLL. If London is your final destination then you won't have access to the MLL as an arriving passenger. You may be able to use the arrivals lounge (after immigration and baggage reclaim) if you are travelling in J or SE.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Are you sure?

This tells me I'm landing and arriving in T2. MLL is in T2 and also indicates that arrivals by AC can use it. Is this your experience?
yes. I've done this about 60 times into T2

for the record, I'm a SE 2 million miler.

you are forced to clear customs if you don't have a connecting flight at LHR.

Period.

(the agents that demand onward boarding passes at each terminal connection point have been more and more anal over the years, so unless you get someone who doesn't know what they're doing, you won't be allowed to gain access to any departures area otherwise.)
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Ah that seems to make a bit more sense.

I am flying direct to LHR and then spending 4-5 days in London -- so its my final destination.

There is an arrivals lounge in Terminal 2 after I pass through immigration and baggage claim? AC says "The Arrivals Lounge at London-Heathrow’s Terminal 2 is not a Maple Leaf Lounge." Who runs this one? UA?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Thanks yyznomad -- appreciate the information.

I'll let my co-workers know that we'll meet at the arrivals lounge after immigration/baggage. I guess this answers my other question that I might as well check luggage and then pick it up before getting cleaned up prior to my meetings!

Thanks everyone.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: AC E35k, HHonors Silver
Are you sure?

I can guarantee you that arriving in LHR T2 doesn't allow access to the MLL. Arriving pax are segregated from departing pax. The arrivals lounge isseperate and after baggage/passport control). There is a Premium Plaza arrivals lounge nearby which you can access if you pay.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

One last question, it says I can bring in one guest as SE100; if the guest is coming in later than me (can I still let her in when she arrives?)
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah that seems to make a bit more sense.

I am flying direct to LHR and then spending 4-5 days in London -- so its my final destination.

There is an arrivals lounge in Terminal 2 after I pass through immigration and baggage claim? AC says "The Arrivals Lounge at London-Heathrow’s Terminal 2 is not a Maple Leaf Lounge." Who runs this one? UA?
yes, UA runs the arrival lounge that is accessible to AC J or AC SE only, no guests so each person has to fend for themselves. The UA arrivals lounge agents are SUPER strict and will force you to do the short walk of shame if necessary.

please note that the UA arrivals lounge is not available to all star alliance carriers arriving on an international flight... for example, LX C from elsewhere in Europe is not eligible. I have no clue where your colleagues are arriving from and from where and in what class.

Programs: AC 75K
Are you sure?

I think you missed this:
* The Arrivals Lounge at London-Heathrow’s Terminal 2 is not a Maple Leaf Lounge.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One last question, it says I can bring in one guest as SE100; if the guest is coming in later than me (can I still let her in when she arrives?)
im allowed a guest into the UA arrivals lounge as a SE? That's news to me! If this is true, then awesome,, but does it say whether it has to be on the same flight? Let me remind you that the UA agents are strict and not all star carrier passengers have access.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
I think you missed this:
* The Arrivals Lounge at London-Heathrow’s Terminal 2 is not a Maple Leaf Lounge.
yes, this is important and I've been guilty of calling it an "arrivals MLL" when in reality it is not a MLL.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by yyznomad

im allowed a guest into the UA arrivals lounge as a SE? That's news to me! If this is true, then awesome,, but does it say whether it has to be on the same flight? Let me remind you that the UA agents are strict and not all star carrier passengers have access.
According to the AC site linked above, SEs are allowed a guest, but others travelling in J are not. Interestingly UA customers are not allowed guests and it's only available to those travelling in F or J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.