Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Wheelchair Assist - Should you not use a Wheelchair?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Wheelchair Assist - Should you not use a Wheelchair?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2018, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by vernonc
Most of the India bound flights (direct or connection), its because the older folks do not speak English and they are worried about being lost, etc. AC should perhaps ask if all they need is assistance rather than wheelchair. Much easier to get a bunch of them together, walk them thru security and them put them on a cart to the gate instead of the current painful process of one by one on a wheelchair. I watched the chaos a couple of month back at YYZ when my Mom had to use a wheelchair. She volunteered to walk past security and use the cart from there which the wheelchair agents appreciated. Also another time heard the GA complaining about a bunch of wheelchair passengers who had no issue getting up from their wheelchairs and walking to the washrooms at the gate but wanted wheelchairs to the door of the plane.
YYZ LHR fits this description as well.

Usually a fleet of 2,000,000,000 wheelchairs all ready and waiting to go.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 4:46 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by yyznomad
YYZ LHR fits this description as well.

Usually a fleet of 2,000,000,000 wheelchairs all ready and waiting to go.
Yes thats because a lot of connecting onward flights from LHR too. Which is another reason they are opting for wheelchairs. Wish people would not do this for direct flights.
This can get quiet crazy at YYZ when you have multiple flights leaving close together like YYZ-DEL and YYZ-BOM. I was not so upset with boarding behind wheelchairs, more upset with the long wait for my parents to get a wheelchair
Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:29 pm

When you have 23 wheelchair pax plus their klingons board, and have 5 wheelchairs waiting at the other end, you know games are being played... Seen it, been there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.