Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Signature Suite concept being rolled out to other Canadian airports beyond YYZ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Signature Suite concept being rolled out to other Canadian airports beyond YYZ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by yyznomad
This is true, as you stated "the system rebooks".

How were you rebooked? If this was a reroute, I would imagine it wasn't automated by the system. I've only seen this done manually up this point.
I was rebooked via the SE desk (as I couldn't get in touch with a concierge as I was on hold for too long(
Old Aug 26, 2019, 4:41 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Signature Suite in non-YYZ stations

Does anybody know of any plans of AC opening Signature Suites outside of YYZ? Or adding Signature Suite-style a la carte in any MLLs?

Just asking because Signature Suite is way better than MLLs, and having it in other major hubs such as YVR and YUL would be great. Maybe a small part of the lounge dedicated to a la carte would work in smaller hubs like YYC and LHR. Personally I only fly to/from YYZ, but know people who would definitely appreciate Signature Suites.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 5:43 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yyztozag
Does anybody know of any plans of AC opening Signature Suites outside of YYZ? Or adding Signature Suite-style a la carte in any MLLs?

Just asking because Signature Suite is way better than MLLs, and having it in other major hubs such as YVR and YUL would be great. Maybe a small part of the lounge dedicated to a la carte would work in smaller hubs like YYC and LHR. Personally I only fly to/from YYZ, but know people who would definitely appreciate Signature Suites.
@yyztozag
It's been discussed frequently in this thread on elsewhere on this forum.
YVR is supposed to be next.
Given the cost to build and open the one in YYZ, I doubt AC will opens a chain of these. It was also suggested here that a section of the YUL international can be used. There are major logistical issues, not the least of which may be separate staff, some separate food and drink items etc. There was also the suggestion of using the upstairs portion of the YVR International, but you'd have to read upthread to see why that is also not optimal.

EDIT TO ADD:
Since our posts were moved from another thread, these comments were in the main Signature Suite thread

For example

Originally Posted by worldclubber
.......AC should have a Signature Suite at all of their airports with intercontinental flights.
Originally Posted by The Lev
So you think they should have Signature Suites at YYT, YOW and YHZ?

I think we will eventually see Signature suites in YYZ, YVR and possibly YUL. YYC has far fewer intercontinental flights than those three, so tough to justify and no way will we ever see it at YYT, YOW or YHZ.
New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Last edited by 24left; Aug 26, 2019 at 6:33 am
Old Aug 30, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by yyztozag

Just asking because Signature Suite is way better than MLLs, and having it in other major hubs such as YVR and YUL would be great.
The contractors are busy at work renovating the soon-to-be YVR Signature Suite. The space became available after some lease space on Level 4 above the Intl MLL (previously occupied by a duty-free store for storage) was recently acquired by AC.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 6:00 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
The contractors are busy at work renovating the soon-to-be YVR Signature Suite. The space became available after some lease space on Level 4 above the Intl MLL (previously occupied by a duty-free store for storage) was recently acquired by AC.
Do you know what the approximate timeframe is?
Old Nov 2, 2019, 3:38 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
YVR is getting a Signature Suite

As I speculated previously, I heard from a friend that it looks like they are moving ahead with construction and turning the upper floor into a Sig Suite
expert7700, YWG-RO and Repooc17 like this.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 4:03 am

And so commences a thread with a bunch of whiners complaining how they can't get in because they are STATUSPEOPLE travelling on a rock-bottom fare....
Mustang Sally likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by keitherson
As I speculated previously, I heard from a friend that it looks like they are moving ahead with construction and turning the upper floor into a Sig Suite
Really good to hear this. With all of the transpacific, and to a lesser degree transatlantic, options out of YVR, having this prior to a flight will be a nice option. Hopefully the size is appropriate to the number of flights as YYZ can get pretty busy at peak times.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: AC SE100, SPG Plat, Visa Inf Priv
Excellent news. This makes a lot of sense.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 6:57 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I assume since I am a SISE (Super Important SE) I will be given access for all my flights regardless of fare class or destination.
ridefar, canadiancow and codfather like this.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
As someone who flies to Australia frequently this is terrific news
Old Nov 2, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Great news! I would be disappointed also not being able to access it if I was a SE, but I can see why AC made the admission rules so strict.

Not surprised Vancouver was chosen as the next place for a SS given how many TPAC flights originate there. Plus the many seasonal flights to other European destinations (besides LHR) such as ZRH, CDG, DUB, FRA, etc.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Car service as well?
Old Nov 2, 2019, 8:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Is this news? We've been discussing the construction on FT for months.
gcashin likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Is this news? We've been discussing the construction on FT for months.
I agree... the SS should have been opened by now in YVR given what I was told 6 months ago ... last time I asked I was told no date is forthcoming.

The real news will be when we have a date when it is to open...or the actual opening itself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.