Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Does Domestic YVR MLL have a meeting room? If so how do I book it being E?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Domestic YVR MLL have a meeting room? If so how do I book it being E?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Does YVR have meeting room in Domestic MLL or elsewhere?

Planning a business meeting of people coming in from all over. Rather than meeting downtown where we have an boardroom available (free), I'm wondering what the options are at YVR?

Does the Domestic MLL have a meeting room, and if so how do I book it being E (no SE concierge)? Are there other good places in or out of security? Should have a conference table of some sort, and white board and/or projector of some sort.

Last edited by eracerblue; Jan 19, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by eracerblue
Planning a business meeting of people coming in from all over. Rather than meeting downtown where we have an boardroom available (free), I'm wondering what the options are at YVR?

Does the Domestic MLL have a meeting room, and if so how do I book it being E (no SE concierge)? Are there other good places in or out of security? Should have a conference table of some sort, and white board and/or projector of some sort.
There is no meeting room in the YVR Domestic MLL.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
I'd use the Fairmont.
jc94, Jumper Jack and Diabeetus like this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
I'd use the Fairmont.
For thread posterity the rate quoted was $400 for 5hrs.
tcook052 and Diabeetus like this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by eracerblue
For thread posterity the rate quoted was $400 for 5hrs.
What does that include? Just the room?
Did they also require minimum F&B?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Can anyone recall if I posted my 2018 YYZ TB private-conference-area-thing experience? I've told a bunch of people because it's so stupid, but it's related to "booking" a room, and I can't recall if it made it to FT.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:34 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Can anyone recall if I posted my 2018 YYZ TB private-conference-area-thing experience? I've told a bunch of people because it's so stupid, but it's related to "booking" a room, and I can't recall if it made it to FT.
I don’t recall it. 2018?
eracerblue likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad
What does that include? Just the room?
Did they also require minimum F&B?
Room only. Does Ice & Water count?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:14 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
$400 isn't cheap, but what's the value of transportation to/from downtown plus the value of the hour or so of travel time for your group?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 11:38 am

There are 3 lounges at YVR:
  • Plaza Premium Lounge : Meeting Room Available for $60/person + tax (min 6 people) only for International Arrivals and Departures lounge
  • SkyTeam Lounge : Doesn't appear to have any meeting/conference rooms
  • Air Canada's Maple Leaf Lounge (International, Trans-border and Domestic) - Don't recall there being a meeting room
One thing to keep in mind is that you'll need a reason to be in the lounge (CATSA & most lounges require proof of same departure via boarding pass). In addition, you'll also need to see the entry requirements for the lounge. For instance, as a *A Gold, I can bring one guest in to a MLL with me so long as they are flying on a *A flight the same day. Sure you could buy MLL access but you'd

Have you looked at other hotels near the airport? $400 seems pretty standard for a upper end hotel, especially one located directly at the airport. I would think that mid-tier hotels (i.e. Best Western, Four Points, Holiday Inn Express) should have more reasonable pricing while also offering complimentary shuttle to get you to/from the airport in a couple of mins.

Here are a couple I came across:
Safe Travels,

James
eracerblue likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.