Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Connecting on AC in YYZ - US flight to Int'l flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2018, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Apologies if this has been asked recently; I was not able to find a thread about it.

I have an upcoming trip completely on AC from Newark (EWR) to Tokyo (HND) via YYZ. I'm in business and the connection time at Terminal 1 is 1hr 25mins.

From what I can gather elsewhere, it appears I have to clear Canadian customs even though I'm only transiting through Pearson and not leaving the Int'l/Transborder area of the terminal.

Is this correct? And if so, is there a separate Customs area/queue for arriving pax who are connecting to international flights versus terminating their trip in Canada?

AC has been heavily advertising in the US lately for their international (non-Canadian) destinations. They are clearly trying to attract more US pax on their int'l flights out of Pearson and Trudeau and become a serious alternative to the big three here. I'm wondering if they are therefore taking some steps to make the connection in YYZ as easy as possible for passengers originating in the US. Plus I'm hoping to check out the new Signature Suite lounge at YYZ and am really hoping that time won't be totally eaten up by Canadian customs!

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Daniel
Old Jan 12, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: AC 75K
I believe it's just a cursory check of travel documents, not the full customs/immigration process.

and there is a separate area for connections, you don't have to down to the main customs hall. Look for the purple connections signs to E Gates.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
I believe it's just a cursory check of travel documents, not the full customs/immigration process.

and there is a separate area for connections, you don't have to down to the main customs hall. Look for the purple connections signs to E Gates.
Thank you so much for this infornation. Sounds like it should be a quick painless connection and with a little luck I will still have some lounge time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.