Wiki Posts
Search

Split a Aeroplan PNR with 2 pax

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
Split a Aeroplan PNR with 2 pax

So I'm in the middle of a trip. 2 pax on PNR booked with Aeroplan. We've flown the first flight to our destination, but my friend wants to stay longer. Can we split the PNR and change his return date (while keeping mine the same)?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Generally yes, however if this was a SE priority reward for international J, it might be an issue,
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:47 am

Yes, you can split.

However, sometimes after PNR split the tickets get screwed up on non-AC segments causing trouble, and it takes a lot of time on the phone with Aeroplan to fix it.

So if you split, monitor your tickets very closely.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:43 am
isi

never had a problem, though if the agent doesn't seem confident about it about it HUCA

Originally Posted by philelite
So I'm in the middle of a trip. 2 pax on PNR booked with Aeroplan. We've flown the first flight to our destination, but my friend wants to stay longer. Can we split the PNR and change his return date (while keeping mine the same)?
Plumber likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:20 am

Agree. Some AP agents try to talk you out of it because it takes quite a long time to do but then HUCA
Old Feb 17, 2018, 9:53 pm

I have a mini RTW booked for May, 2 passengers on 1 PNR, flights on LX/LO/OS/TG/NH/AC. I inquired about bumping one seat to F and was told they would have to split the PNR into two, and the agent cautioned that sometimes other carriers don't process a split properly.

My question is, if I have award travel booked/confirmed as it stands (since November), and I split the PNR and something goes wrong with a partner airline, is aeroplan still responsible to honour the original booking and ensure the other *A airlines provide seats on the same flights/class of service?
Old Feb 18, 2018, 5:52 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by brian382
I have a mini RTW booked for May, 2 passengers on 1 PNR, flights on LX/LO/OS/TG/NH/AC. I inquired about bumping one seat to F and was told they would have to split the PNR into two, and the agent cautioned that sometimes other carriers don't process a split properly.

My question is, if I have award travel booked/confirmed as it stands (since November), and I split the PNR and something goes wrong with a partner airline, is aeroplan still responsible to honour the original booking and ensure the other *A airlines provide seats on the same flights/class of service?
Yes.

The later you find out, the more it'll be complicated to fix. Especially if the cabin is sold out.inj

Irrelevant of if this is an Aeroplan, AC, or Expedia booking, it's good practice to contact all airlines involved to make sure everything is still fine. Yup, that means calling LX/LO/OS/TG/NH/AC.

I think I've even seen info on *A RTW bookings that actually said you weren't allowed to change the routing if it involved more than 2 carriers as it will almost definitely cause issues. In your case you will touch 6 airlines in one go. It's not a change, but you will be asking them to do things.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Yes.

The later you find out, the more it'll be complicated to fix. Especially if the cabin is sold out.inj

Irrelevant of if this is an Aeroplan, AC, or Expedia booking, it's good practice to contact all airlines involved to make sure everything is still fine. Yup, that means calling LX/LO/OS/TG/NH/AC.
Yeah, I have already been checking that the PNR works on all of the partner airlines. On LO it gives an error "locator not found", but Aeroplan assured me the tickets are valid. I should chase this down now though.

I think I've even seen info on *A RTW bookings that actually said you weren't allowed to change the routing if it involved more than 2 carriers as it will almost definitely cause issues. In your case you will touch 6 airlines in one go. It's not a change, but you will be asking them to do things.
We are only looking to upgrade seats on current flights and maybe change two segments (TG/NH) into one (TG).
Old Feb 18, 2018, 6:58 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by brian382
Yeah, I have already been checking that the PNR works on all of the partner airlines. On LO it gives an error "locator not found", but Aeroplan assured me the tickets are valid. I should chase this down now though.

We are only looking to upgrade seats on current flights and maybe change two segments (TG/NH) into one (TG).
After splitting you should have new locators for all airlines. Are you saying the new one you got for LO isn't working? Definitely call them wit your ticket number and make sure they can see their segment and the ticket number.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 8:57 pm

After splitting you should have new locators for all airlines. Are you saying the new one you got for LO isn't working? Definitely call them wit your ticket number and make sure they can see their segment and the ticket number.
Haven't split our tickets yet. Was just saying the original booking right now, the PNR doesn't show our flights on www.lot.com despite our seats being allocated on our booking / when I checked via ExpertFlyer.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 7:52 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Sorry to bump an old thread but the topic is appropriate.

Just want to be clear, I have a 2 pax J YYZ-TPE-ICN-TPE-YYZ AE reward for the end of February. It is a single PNR but two different ticket numbers. Being a teacher, my wife does not want to take the risk of travel (plus the possible 14 day quarantine on return) during that period. Is is still possible to split this PNR in two, or even better, just cancel her ticket? I obviously will monitor the situation for myself but I can wait a lot longer until making my decision which is why it would be good to only cancel her ticket. I guess worse case I can split then cancel.

Last edited by Admiral Ackbar; Sep 7, 2020 at 8:42 am
Old Sep 7, 2020, 8:53 am

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
Sorry to bump an old thread but the topic is appropriate.

Just want to be clear, I have a 2 pax J YYZ-TPE-ICN-TPE-YYZ AE reward for the end of February. It is a single PNR but two different ticket numbers. Being a teacher, my wife does not want to take the risk of travel (plus the possible 14 day quarantine on return) during that period. Is is still possible to split this PNR in two, or even better, just cancel her ticket? I obviously will monitor the situation for myself but I can wait a lot longer until making my decision which is why it would be good to only cancel her ticket. I guess worse case I can split then cancel.
I did that a couple of weeks ago with my wife and my trip later this fall. Split it and then ended up cancelling one of them. They told me the primary passenger had to keep the original PNR. But that either or both could be cancelled.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 8:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
You can cancel just your wife online. Go through the refund process, and there will be a step to select which passengers to cancel.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 9:52 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by SearsTower
I did that a couple of weeks ago with my wife and my trip later this fall. Split it and then ended up cancelling one of them. They told me the primary passenger had to keep the original PNR. But that either or both could be cancelled.
Originally Posted by canadiancow
You can cancel just your wife online. Go through the refund process, and there will be a step to select which passengers to cancel.
Thank you very much for the quick replies, will try it online!
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.