Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

First trip on Air Canada; are the Premium Economy benefits worth the increased price?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First trip on Air Canada; are the Premium Economy benefits worth the increased price?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by 24left
Yes there was. Dedicated FA. Curtains, lav, etc. It was that way when I flew in 2014, 2015. Others here may know more accurately when the curtains and the FA disappeared.. And yes, as noted upthread, AC marketing materials still show the curtain and somewhere in perhaps the Dreamliner or food thread, I posted a photo of a newspaper ad showing a PE meal that looked "different" than what is served.

Also as you know, this was discussed in a number of other threads. There was a recent post by @expert7700 re the UK premium tax and if/whether it is related to removal of the curtains, which of course doesn't solve the issue of a LESS premium Premium Economy.
I think it's one of these threads you're referring to...

How does AC's Premium Economy compare to others?

Why is there no enforcement between Economy and Premium on Air Canada?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yyznomad

And I'm sure also mentioned in these as well

Not a good start to Premium Economy

The Air Canada 787-8/-9 Dreamliner Discussion Thread
Old Nov 29, 2018, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I did a search on FT and on the Goog for a generic thread for Air Canada Premium Economy.
I don't remember any generic thread either... the closest was probably the "Introduction of Premium Economy with the 777" thread, but then that was really geared towards the early days of the true J-coffin-HD birds and then the DreamCabin refurb.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: Air Canada SE /*A Gold, Emirates Skywards Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
AC has boring IFE? Clearly you have not travelled with many carriers. AC is one of the best there is (they have many faults, but this is not one of them).
Have flown on around 15+ carriers and I still think Air Canada IFE has very poor variety. If you fly them frequently, you quickly run out of options of interesting things to watch. The actual PTV's are good (screen quality), but the variety is boring.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 42000ft
Have flown on around 15+ carriers and I still think Air Canada IFE has very poor variety. If you fly them frequently, you quickly run out of options of interesting things to watch. The actual PTV's are good (screen quality), but the variety is boring.
IMHO, the main issue is that they don't load new material frequently enough. Sometimes it will be months to half a year before you'll see majority different material.
PointWeasel likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE /*A Gold, Emirates Skywards Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
IMHO, the main issue is that they don't load new material frequently enough. Sometimes it will be months to half a year before you'll see majority different material.
Exactly, this is it.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
so having done YYZ - YVR - SYD and return in February, it was worth every cent of $4500 return. Mainly for the 2-4-2 seating avoiding the densified 3-4-3 in economy. With three rows only, the cabin was very quiet!

So the premium service does end after the first meal as it reverts to economy meals, cutlery and plastic / paper cups. Its a shame as it wouldn't take much to raise the service for the entire flight

One word of warning for the AC 33/34 if you starting and finishing in Toronto. It's treated as one flight for seat reservations and upgrades and so in PE - there may be differnt twins available on either leg but you can only reserve a seat available on both legs ie one boarding card for both sectors. The same goes for eupgrades.

Reliability to Oz is better as the flight usually starts on time in Toronto. However, we were 5 hours late from Sydney and the second leg left on time with an aircraft swap. We were moved from our prized twin to middle seats in different rows despite being on the same aircraft albeit with a different flight number
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
And the new material is yet another Captain America Does Something movie.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RangerNS
And the new material is yet another Captain America Does Something movie.
Actually, it's PBMC2 and PBMC3.
@Sean Peever and I usually hold hands as we watch.
canadiancow and 42000ft like this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:56 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Actually, it's PBMC2 and PBMC3.
@Sean Peever and I usually hold hands as we watch.
Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cell?
Old Dec 5, 2018, 7:46 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
what is the booking class for Air Canada premium economy for yyz sfo? I want to how much extra over the economy. Thanks. I went to air canada website and it only shows Y and J.
I searched on ITA and when I selected PE, it returns P class which should be business.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456
what is the booking class for Air Canada premium economy for yyz sfo? I want to how much extra over the economy. Thanks. I went to air canada website and it only shows Y and J.
I searched on ITA and when I selected PE, it returns P class which should be business.
Only wide bodies have PY. Which is only one or two of the daily flights in that route. Classes are OEN. Any widebody is easy to identify even on the app because the business class flights are at a premium cost due to pods.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by jc94

Only wide bodies have PY. Which is only one or two of the daily flights in that route. Classes are OEN. Any widebody is easy to identify even on the app because the business class flights are at a premium cost due to pods.
yes. i do see some 787 operating on the route.

let say I want to book YUL YYZ SFO ONT. how do I book myself into PE for YYZ SFO sector?
Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456
yes. i do see some 787 operating on the route.

let say I want to book YUL YYZ SFO ONT. how do I book myself into PE for YYZ SFO sector?
Might to tonight to find with those connections. I’d find the flights you want then phone AC to book it feeding them the segments and classes you want.

Might be a better way via google flights or something, I’ll let others speak to that but for me, I’d just ring in. Make sure you leave sufficient MCT for the connections (they won’t book illegal ones).

And be aware if you miss the YUL YYZ to SFO connection you’ll likely be downgraded to Y on the next availble flight where you may only get a middle seat.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by jc94

Might to tonight to find with those connections. I’d find the flights you want then phone AC to book it feeding them the segments and classes you want.

Might be a better way via google flights or something, I’ll let others speak to that but for me, I’d just ring in. Make sure you leave sufficient MCT for the connections (they won’t book illegal ones).

And be aware if you miss the YUL YYZ to SFO connection you’ll likely be downgraded to Y on the next availble flight where you may only get a middle seat.
I can book this on Air Canada website on a K fare (economy) or business class.

Air Canada website does not offer the option to book the PE fare. I cant figure out how to do it in ITA. dont seem able to book it on google flight too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.