Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Prestige 25k Altitude status not showing online

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2018, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy - Ambassador, Air Canada Aeroplan - Super Elite

2017 was the first year that I started to fly more frequently with AirCanada/Star alliance. From my understanding, Altitude status for the next year ( 2018 in this case) is based upon AQM or AQS and AQD. For 2017, I did 18,451 in AQM - 28 in AQS - 3914 in AQD. Shouldn't I be Prestige 25k now for 2018 ? when I log in to my account, I don't see anything indicating Altitude status ( although, I do notice I am aeroplan silver) Under my dashboard for altitude, the counters have just reset to zero.

I have a few upcoming flights and wouldn't mind taking advantage of some of the ( alghough limited ) prestige 25k benefits.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by piperdown
2017 was the first year that I started to fly more frequently with AirCanada/Star alliance. From my understanding, Altitude status for the next year ( 2018 in this case) is based upon AQM or AQS and AQD. For 2017, I did 18,451 in AQM - 28 in AQS - 3914 in AQD. Shouldn't I be Prestige 25k now for 2018 ? when I log in to my account, I don't see anything indicating Altitude status ( although, I do notice I am aeroplan silver) Under my dashboard for altitude, the counters have just reset to zero.

I have a few upcoming flights and wouldn't mind taking advantage of some of the ( alghough limited ) prestige 25k benefits.
They haven't done the 2018 status updates yet.

Your Prestige 25k status should kick in by Mar 1, 2018.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 10:41 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
As Diabeetus said, March 1, 2018 is when it officially starts (and it will run until February 28, 2019).

You should get the ability to select your privileges before then and may see your status reflected online some time before that, but it's variable.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 10:46 am
Original Poster

by March 1 st ? so, status is only for 9 months. Not a year. hmmm. So assuming in 2018 I also accumulate enough flights to keep/increase Altitude status, will the counter reset back to zero in Jan 2019, and take until March 2019 to begin status again ?
Old Jan 4, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
If I remember from another thread, it is expected that AC will do a sweep the second week in January, at which time a number of people should be receiving emails and have the option to choose their benefits. Though I don't know if this information is confirmed by Air Canada or not.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Adam, I didnt see your reply until I hit send on my question. Thanks to you and Diabeetus for the clarification.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by piperdown
by March 1 st ? so, status is only for 9 months. Not a year. hmmm. So assuming in 2018 I also accumulate enough flights to keep/increase Altitude status, will the counter reset back to zero in Jan 2019, and take until March 2019 to begin status again ?
The qualifying year is from 1-Jan to 31-Dec. The benefit year is from 1-Mar to 28-Feb. Status is good for at least 12 months, the full benefit year plus the time from whenever it becomes active.
--
13F
Old Jan 4, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
The qualifying year is from 1-Jan to 31-Dec. The benefit year is from 1-Mar to 28-Feb. Status is good for at least 12 months, the full benefit year plus the time from whenever it becomes active.
--
13F
Benefit year is Mar 1 to Feb 28 for all benefits except for the bonus AE miles - they apply to the calendar year. I.E., if SE one year, falling to E75K the next, during the benefit period Jan 1- Feb 28 although you
are still SE, you will only receive 75% bonus AE miles, not 100%.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Benefit year is Mar 1 to Feb 28 for all benefits except for the bonus AE miles - they apply to the calendar year. I.E., if SE one year, falling to E75K the next, during the benefit period Jan 1- Feb 28 although you
are still SE, you will only receive 75% bonus AE miles, not 100%.
Select flight pass privileges (bundle 2) are also calendar year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.