Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Upgraded flight delay, possibility to change flight while keeping the upgrade?

Upgraded flight delay, possibility to change flight while keeping the upgrade?

Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:34 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Don't be triggered. Have to play the game.

In the end, the policy shouldn't be used to do this kind of change. It's really to help passengers rebook so they dont get ....ed by weather and not to get lie flat bed.
Isnt the main purpose of Jacks request due to AC107 arriving late (91%) very often due, one assumes, to weather though?

Or are there non weather reasons ACs planes cant arriving within an hour of schedule in these TCONs?
And no, Im not assuming WS arrives on time
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by jc94

Isnt the main purpose of Jacks request due to AC107 arriving late (91%) very often due, one assumes, to weather though?

Or are there non weather reasons ACs planes can’t arriving within an hour of schedule in these TCONs?
And no, I’m not assuming WS arrives on time
Well even with 103 delayed by 90 mins I would still make my class... so I guess it build in some cushions. But the omelette though ugh
Though gotta admit its a little tight for me now
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Our FO just rolled in... I can see the AC107 from my window so we might land at the same time lol.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott LT PE, NEXUS/GE
I'm going through a similar situation where I'm flying AC112 tomorrow and got a notification of a 2h delay. I called the concierge and asked to be put on an earlier flight that showed J space based on the AC app, but was told they would have to check to see if anyone else was on the upgrade list (the AC app shows nobody on the list) and they would have to do it via manual manipulation. I asked why in the past when upgraded to J and changing flights due to a posted delay was never an issue and was told it's different when using e-upgrades (I don't believe it).

I'm now waiting for an email confirmation but might call back in later so see if the concierge was able to do what I feel they should have been able to do easily.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Mysterious ways of Revenue Management at hand.

You got an upgrade into an unsellable seat, @McScruffy. It is conceivable that someone on your flight is so willing to get to wherever on time they are willing to pay a change fee and upgrade that they don't want to give the seat to you. And/or RM are just waiting until some random guy off the street won't buy the seat. I don't know the loads right now (or care to look them up), but the scenario I described is entirely within reason (and logic).
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott LT PE, NEXUS/GE
Update...Im awaiting the email confirmation in my inbox, but I did get a notification for the flight I wanted to be put on (AC34) and was able to check-in to that flight on the AC app (which also now showed the upgrade wait list).
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I see 4 seats available and more revenue passengers than that currently checked in and waitlisted for an upgrade.

I have mixed opinions on this. On one hand, you've hit IRROPS, and shouldn't suffer. On the other, 34 might be harder to upgrade tomorrow, so people with higher priority than you may still be waitlisted, and it doesn't seem fair that you get to jump ahead of them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.