Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jc94
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition and 2017 edition

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT as should topics better suited to other forums such as Travel Products for questions about luggage or Travel Photography for discussion about cameras.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2018, 4:21 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
60% of the targeted advertising on FT tonight has turned to french.

Related to the 1 email I received in french today I wonder? Odd.
I am getting Marriott Rewards and Lingerie from The Bay! Is it a coincidence that one of our IT guys had my computer for a while today????
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:24 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
I'm in the 1st hour of a 3+ hour Hockey Canada Online Safety Course. Unfortunately, well designed so that I have to semi pay attention and answer some common sense questions. All so I can stand on the bench and make sure some 18-23 years don't drink beer in the dressing room.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:26 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
I'm in the 1st hour of a 3+ hour Hockey Canada Online Safety Course. Unfortunately, well designed so that I have to semi pay attention and answer some common sense questions. All so I can stand on the bench and make sure some 18-23 years don't drink beer in the dressing room.
That sounds like quite the course.

Hopefully you only have to do it once.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:27 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
I am getting Marriott Rewards and Lingerie from The Bay! Is it a coincidence that one of our IT guys had my computer for a while today????
Will you be modeling and posting photos, or just secretly wearing it on the bench?
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:31 pm

Now I'm learning the proper way for a player to get dressed! I have to click on pieces of equipment to learn what they are for and how to put it on! Something I guess I did not know in the first 15 years that I have coached!!
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:33 pm

Now I'm learning the proper way for a player to get dressed! I have to click on pieces of equipment to learn what they are for and how to put it on! Something I guess I did not know in the first 15 years that I have coached!!
Wow! It's going to be a loooooong three hours.

Better line up a couple of those brewskies that your players aren't supposed to drink.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
Will you be modeling and posting photos, or just secretly wearing it on the bench?
I would, but the Bay doesn't sell lingerie that fits over my muffintop!!
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Wow! It's going to be a loooooong three hours.

Better line up a couple of those brewskies that your players aren't supposed to drink.
Is it wrong that I told them that if they brought me a 6 pack they could start??

Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:42 pm

I like the "replay" option. Does that come with colour commentary by Don Cherry as well?
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I like the "replay" option. Does that come with colour commentary by Don Cherry as well?
Damn thing froze!! I have to redo that whole section.

Don't know about the commentary. The sound is off....
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:44 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by marchelli

Ironically now people think anyone claiming to be from the CRA is a scam.

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pm...phone-scammers
Interesting. I thought the CRA never called although a friend did have a real call from them. Have to admit as soon as hear ducts, technical support, anything about legal cases pending against me in YVR, free hotel stays or even just no response to my hello for about 3-4 seconds I hang up.

And unfortunately, trying to get the CRA on the phone is insane. You think AC is bad? CRA I couldn’t even get into the queue the first dozen times.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 7:01 pm

Now on module 8 of 18 (Hygiene).......

"The groin must be thoroughly washed and dried"
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 7:13 pm

Programs: AC 50K
@Yhztraveller, I feel the words of Fulton Sheen “like being stoned to death with popcorn” are applicable to this presentation?
Yhztraveller likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
I had my buddy Johnnie Black at my side when I did my online training a couple of months ago.

Did you already get your "Respect In Sport - Activity Leader Certificate"?

Welcome to the club, coach.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by ffsim
I had my buddy Johnnie Black at my side when I did my online training a couple of months ago.

Did you already get your "Respect In Sport - Activity Leader Certificate"?

Welcome to the club, coach.
Lol, welcome to the club??? I first did this course about 14 years ago, when it was an 8 hour in person course. It has to be renewed every 2 years, fortunately now online....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.