Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jc94
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition and 2017 edition

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT as should topics better suited to other forums such as Travel Products for questions about luggage or Travel Photography for discussion about cameras.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2018)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by smallmj
Do you play graphically intensive games on your phone? Or do night photography with it? If not, then I don't see any reason to pay more than $250-$400 for a phone. An Honor 7x, Moto G6, or Moto G6 Plus are more than enough phone most use cases.
I like to use carrier pigeon, but that's just me.

(but don't confuse me for a Luddite!)
Old Oct 26, 2018, 5:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by pewpew
I'm mainly interested in having a good camera (including one that works at night) in case I ever travel again . I'd stay with my OnePlus 3 for another year, but the rear camera doesn't focus anymore, which can be annoying
If you want a really good camera, then that is one of the only good reasons to pay for a flagship phone (IMO). Enjoy whatever you choose to get.

It is nice to know that you can take a picture anytime day or night because your phone is always with you. I left my Fuji camera at home too many times in the days before phone cameras were good enough to be useful. I missed a lot of good photo opportunities with the kids. My Motorola Milestone (Droid) had a camera that gave me five megapixels of blur, so I didn't even bother with pictures on it.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by eigenvector
NH is beautiful this time of year, not sure where you are but if you're near Gorham check out Mountain Fire Pizza, I haven't been there in 5 years but I still dream about the meal I had there.
So you didn't go for the cheap booze and bullets?

Originally Posted by yyznomad
The Centre of the Universe is spinning rapidly right now. Arms flailing in the air.
I was confused and thought you were referring to the Orange fiend with the bad comb over reacting to someone asking for civility.

The Bosox are like annoying ticks.
Blasphemy. With a comment like that, you might suffer the curse of flying on Spirit Airlines next to a morbidly obese flatulent pax. Fenway is a Temple. True, the place smells like an AC Y lav after a DEL/PEK/CUN - YYZ flight , and the F&B costs are abusive, but the Bosox are to baseball, what Grand Canyon Airlines are to aviation. (Complimentary beer in an MLL to anyone who figures out the relationship.)

Buds with a strong win over worthy opponent.
Is this a comment in the spirit of the recent legislation that legalized the demon leaf, or are you channeling Neil Young?

In the market for a new phone that won't cost more than $800 in total... What's everyone's thoughts on the S9?
I ditched my iphone in favour of a Samsung product and rejoice at the freedom. It is just much better in so many ways. No sabotage ware, and none of the apple arrogance. Some will criticize, but usually they don't have a Samsung phone Can't stand Bixby though and I can do without some of the bloatware. I have no complaints and no issues.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer

I was confused and thought you were referring to the Orange fiend with the bad comb over reacting to someone asking for civility.
LOL!

Blasphemy. With a comment like that, you might suffer the curse of flying on Spirit Airlines next to a morbidly obese flatulent pax. Fenway is a Temple. True, the place smells like an AC Y lav after a DEL/PEK/CUN - YYZ flight , and the F&B costs are abusive, but the Bosox are to baseball, what Grand Canyon Airlines are to aviation. (Complimentary beer in an MLL to anyone who figures out the relationship.)
Wow, this is worse than wishing me 30 years hard labour at a NK camp.

Is this a comment in the spirit of the recent legislation that legalized the demon leaf, or are you channeling Neil Young?

lol. No, in case you weren't joking, it was a comment on the Leafs' win over the Jets at their arena.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:48 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Okay I’ll bite, let’s go Sox.

But honestly I have pretty much no skin in the game this year aside from a friend who works a ton with Boston lol.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Sox tie it up in 8th. ^ I like west coast late games, especially on a Fri. night.
jc94 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:02 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by tcook052
Sox tie it up in 8th. ^ I like west coast late games, especially on a Fri. night.
Lady ain’t singing yet. Let’s hope it’s not another disappointing end in the 13th. Poor Cubs.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:02 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
In the market for a new phone that won't cost more than $800 in total... What's everyone's thoughts on the S9?
Zenfone 5
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:22 pm

Programs: AC e75K, *G, SPG/MR PPE
Originally Posted by jc94

Lady ain’t singing yet. Let’s hope it’s not another disappointing end in the 13th. Poor Cubs.
I have a feeling this bad boy is heading into extras...
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
Ulaata south Bali

meagicano, canopus27 and jc94 like this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jc94

But does the lady have a muffintop?

Added: insane 13th!

Last edited by yyznomad; Oct 26, 2018 at 11:54 pm
Old Oct 27, 2018, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Who is still up watching the game?!!!
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcook052
Hey @tcook052 you still watching?

If so, cheers.

(insane game! Witnessing history)

Added: The Muffintop lady has sung!

Last edited by yyznomad; Oct 27, 2018 at 1:31 am
Old Oct 27, 2018, 4:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
End of day in Utaala - think I’ll come back tomorrow

Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Hey @tcook052 you still watching?
Nope, nodded off somewhere around the 14th inning. Awake to find the Dodgers won be default since none of the Sox could hit the ball.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.